This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Hajime no Ippo 1261 *spoilers*

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
4 weeks ago#1
Chapter Title: Overcome Your Weaknesses
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

User Info: s0nicfan

s0nicfan
4 weeks ago#2
I'm glad Mashiba was able to overcome his anger, but a bit disappointed that Ippo's conclusion to all this is "oh he's one of those". I'm wondering what it's going to take at this point to get him back in the ring. Short of his mom or Kumi dying, I just don't know what would trigger it.
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#3
Great chapter.
It totally debunks my theory that it should have been Kimura or Ippo the ones that just kill Iga, but hey, maybe he will still fight later.
[Its evolution, Baby.]

User Info: Prestoff

Prestoff
4 weeks ago#4
That was a great chapter, for a second there I thought it was going to be one of those +30 chapter fights. Glad to see Mashiba "grow" in terms of not being an angry person 24/7. Great fight overall.
It's what all true warriors strive for!
Switch FC: SW-0575-4758-7878

User Info: mach25687

mach25687
4 weeks ago#5
So when ippo going to be the main character again?
Best damn game about Ninja http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ninjagolf/ninjagolf-flashgame.php

User Info: Thrill

Thrill
4 weeks ago#6
mach25687 posted...
So when ippo going to be the main character again?
The truth lies.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#7
Ippo is still the main character.
Saying that Makunoichi is not the main character because someone else is fighting right now is like saying that Goku is not the main character of Dragon Ball Z because he was running in the serpent road while the Saiyans arrived at (his) planet, or the other instances where something like that happened in that manga (they where a few).

Anyways, you will read something in this board of the likes of "Finally Ippo is finally fighting again!" when Ippo start fighting or training to fight again.
[Its evolution, Baby.]

User Info: JhayCee

JhayCee
4 weeks ago#8
I don't buy this "employing high level technique" crap. I mean, yeah, he did improve, but that's what you're supposed to do. He got beat up by taking advantage of his weakness. Therefore, you should do something to fix it. All I see was Mashiba knowing how to defend much better now and he's able to control his anger. Nothing I see screams he can take on the world now. When it comes to power jump it's not really that impressive.
We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama on PC vs Console

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
4 weeks ago#9
The way I see it is Ippo and his still active rivals are generally world level competitors simply because they grow together. Ippo vs Gonzales was a demonstration of just how large a role technique and mentality can play. The insinuation against Gonzales was Ippo lost primarily because he didn’t and doesn’t have the right mental state. His last fight was lost from needing to try and style on his opponent rather than winning, again mentality.

Meanwhile, Sendo won when faced with a similar situation to Ippo because he wanted victory without showcasing greater technical skill, while Mashiba managed to control himself and prioritize winning over “petty” revenge, and used his experience advantage to surgically put the fear of god into Iga. They already acknowledged Mashiba is way ahead of Iga, but that Iga’s strategy of burning Mashiba out mentally was both legit and a viable approach. It goes back to Takamura’s inhuman/beast speech and needing to want victory
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

User Info: Hanon

Hanon
4 weeks ago#10
Mashiba was already at world level prior to this fight, Sendo has taken down the Mexican champion and Mashiba is on level with Sendo. This fight proved that Mashiba has no competition in his home country and will likely be taking on exclusively world competitors from now on. His standing should be better than Miyata's so he could feasibly fight the #2 or #1 contender next. Either way he can make a world champion challenge if he wins one more.

Sendo could have challenged Ricardo, after his last fight (at least that's what Ricardo's coach implied) but wants to fight Gonzalez first. Since Gonzalez has no reason to do so (Sendo is ranked lower and lost twice to Ippo who Gonzalez beat) Sendo is probably going to fight the man ranked above Gonzalez then fight Gonzalez from higher up then fight Ricardo (I figure he loses to Gonzalez).
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Hajime no Ippo 1261 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived