This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Hajime No Ippo 1259 *spoilers

User Info: s0nicfan

s0nicfan
1 month ago#1
We find out what Mashiba's 3 weaknesses are in what is ultimately a fairly compelling strategy.
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
1 month ago#2
That first headbutt in particular was slick.

I wonder if Mashiba will manage his temper. Though it might be interesting if both men Kumi cares about straight up stop doing what they love. (Although I’d hate the pace to see a resolution out of that)
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#3
I dont get it. Why couldnt he dodge it with a sway like in the first round?
[Its evolution, Baby.]

s0nicfan
1 month ago#4
sano83 posted...
I dont get it. Why couldnt he dodge it with a sway like in the first round?

The first time he felt like something was up and took a step back. This time he was too close to the ropes to do that and had to dodge.

Plus he's getting pissed off. The entire strategy revolves around making Mashiba angry and frustrated to the point of either screwing up, or fighting dirty and getting disqualified.
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

sano83
1 month ago#5
Oh, I didnt notice he was closer to the ropes.

Anyways, about the weakness, he was dealing with the pekaboo flawelsly, he deal with the dragon fish blow thjice in two different ways...
He is clearly getting angry, though, so we will see what happens next.
[Its evolution, Baby.]

s0nicfan
4 weeks ago#6
I'm wondering if his solution will be to tank the body blow (knowing it's so much weaker than Ippo's) and just obliterate the guy at close range.

Without the low block against the liver blow, the dragonfish is easily stopped/countered, and without that, the dodge doesn't need to happen and open him up for fouling.

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
4 weeks ago#7
I'm guessing Mashiba's going to change up his style in a (more controlled) rage, like how once sufficiently pissed Ippo changed to the brawler stance against Kojima. Part of his issue with the dragon fish was mentioned to be how his stance creates the blindspot by very heavily favoring one side, and he is a single sequence/pattern fighter.

I couldn't see him doing a southpaw hitman cause that'd be rather dramatic, but maybe the brawler stance (go full Sendo and just trade hits), or the slight adjustment to the Detroit style where his arm may be in a better position to defend or retaliate.
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

sano83
4 weeks ago#8
I wonder why anyone used the flicker counter that takamura used, since it was even more effective than the peekaboo style.
[Its evolution, Baby.]

User Info: Kimbos_Egg

Kimbos_Egg
4 weeks ago#9
is ippo back yet?
You think you've Got problems?
http://i.imgur.com/vgckRUN.jpg

sano83
4 weeks ago#10
Kimbos_Egg posted...
is ippo back yet?