This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Hajime no Ippo 1256 *spoilers*

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
4 weeks ago#1
Chapter title: Emotions OFF
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

User Info: s0nicfan

s0nicfan
4 weeks ago#2
I wonder if one of Mashiba's weaknesses is that he's a head hunter. Either way, this "emotions off" gimmick is kind of lame and ruining the fight. It's like the magician dude who had "phantom punches" because he tied his gloves loosely. I'm expecting it to turn out he went through hypnosis or something.
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
4 weeks ago#3
Mike Tyson did go to a hypnotist during his younger years before fights.

I'm wondering if this is going to be similar to Sendo in the sense that Mashiba does rely on his intimidation to gain and press an advantage in fights, and it will throw him off of his A game for a bit when it doesn't work (part of his rhythm). We already see he was getting irritated at Iga not showing pain and slightly changed his approach because of it (though he and his coach already acknowledged if Iga survives another round he's actually a respectable foe).
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#4
What I dont see is the point of the chopping right. I dont remember it being a big deal on the fight against Ippo or even Miyata or Kimura.

Flickers hit on the body too, and being a head hunter would be something bad if you miss, wich dont seem to be the case.

The hypnosis thing might be good, and would be a nice way to prove that Baron is schemy.
Yes, I mispelled some words and have some grammar errors.
Playing (and modding) State Of Decay YOSE - Lifeline.

User Info: s0nicfan

s0nicfan
4 weeks ago#5
The chopping right is a move explicitly designed to punish in fighters who weave under his flickers. It's a close range move using his off hand since his hitman style combined with his arm length makes his jab useless in close quarters. Ippo dodging it (back in the day) was considered the exception, not the rule, and was meant to highlight Ippo's agility. IIRC Mashiba's uppercut was explicitly designed to counter Ippo's ability to dodge the chopping right.
"History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever." - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

User Info: EmeralDragon23

EmeralDragon23
4 weeks ago#6
Has Mashiba evolved as a fighter?

Feels like it's always the same thing with him. Even moreso than Ippo.
El Psy Congroo
3DS FC: 3952-7469-6840
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Hajime no Ippo 1256 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived