This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Is this a better mangaka than Tite Kubo? Day 13: Rumiko Takahashi

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
2 months ago#1
Who is the better mangaka? - Results (85 votes)
Tite Kubo (Bleach, Zombiepowder)
30.59% (26 votes)
Rumiko Takahashi (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2)
69.41% (59 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Based on their works, who do you think is the better mangaka?

The mangaka
Tite Kubo (Bleach, Zombiepowder)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tite_Kubo

Rumiko Takahashi (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumiko_Takahashi

Last result
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/77375607
Tite Kubo: 21 (52.50%)
Hiroyuki Takei: 19 (47.50%)

Kubo is better
Clamp (49.15% of 59)
Hiro Mashima (49.12% of 57)
Hiroyuki Takei (49.50% of 40)
Kouji Seo (15.79% of 38)
Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro (47.22% of 36)

Kubo is worse
Kazuki Takahashi (70.00% of 30)
Masashi Kishimoto (79.31% of 58)
Mohiro Kitoh (53.33% of 15)
Naoki Urasawa (79.41% of 34)
Satoshi Mizukami (68.75% of 32)
Yuu Watase (56.10% of 41)

Tie
Oh Great (52)

Nominations
Sakae Esuno
Lynn Okamoto
Nobuyuki Anzai
Go Nagai
Inio Asano
"Systematically killing randomly generated lolis actually sounds okay, now that I think about it." - DesertWolfXII

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
2 months ago#2
Yes. And it's not even close. She's one of the most prolific people in the industry.

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
2 months ago#3
Kubo won against Takei too?

Kinda surprising to see how highly ot thinks of him when he's often cited as the quintessential example of a bad mangaka by most

User Info: reptyle101

reptyle101
2 months ago#4
it's not that Kubo is a good writer, rather Takei's writing quality has become a bigger and bigger pile of s*** as the years have went on

this is a guy who in his shaman king sequel started up an arc that barely linked up with anything else about random mook army ghosts fighting other mook army, got canned because of it, then switched to a different publisher to do a new sequel and almost immediately went back to the same s*** arc again except with even less connection to the actual story

the guy just does not have any good ideas left
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing

User Info: Nintendoomed89

Nintendoomed89
2 months ago#5
Deadinsideman posted...
Kubo won against Takei too?

Kinda surprising to see how highly ot thinks of him when he's often cited as the quintessential example of a bad mangaka by most

When people say that OT is tsundere for Kubo they aren't joking around. Even then he really isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to portray him, he just makes for a good punching bag.
Zapp Brannigan: What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
I play on Steam,Switch and 3DS.

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
2 months ago#6
reptyle101 posted...
it's not that Kubo is a good writer, rather Takei's writing quality has become a bigger and bigger pile of s*** as the years have went on

this is a guy who in his shaman king sequel started up an arc that barely linked up with anything else about random mook army ghosts fighting other mook army, got canned because of it, then switched to a different publisher to do a new sequel and almost immediately went back to the same s*** arc again except with even less connection to the actual story

the guy just does not have any good ideas left

I thought the sequel initially got canned because the magazine it was in went under

Nintendoomed89 posted...
Even then he really isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to portray him

Fake news

While there are plenty of stupid complaints against him like not treating black people with enough RESPEK there are just as many valid complaints

Compare that to TakeI who's got a clean slate besides flowers or Shima who's only hated for accidentally f***ing a 16 year old even though it has nothing to do with his works

User Info: reptyle101

reptyle101
2 months ago#7
whenever a magazine ends, anything they think is worth continuing gets shifted to other magazines or the publisher's online or app service
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing

User Info: Sasukefire

Sasukefire
2 months ago#8
Ranma 1/2 was pretty fun. What the hell happened with Inuyasha?
But know this, I wrap my rascal TWO times, cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation... as a way of punishing supermodels.

User Info: Kanaya413

Kanaya413
2 months ago#9
Nom Eichiro Oda
Zzzz

User Info: Galbias

Galbias
2 months ago#10
I've always heard Inuyasha quoted as an example of stretching things out for a million years and Rin-ne was pretty boring but then again I didn't watch much (and this is on mangaka not anime) so I guess I can't really vote fairly
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Is this a better mangaka than Tite Kubo? Day 13: Rumiko Takahashi
  • Topic Archived