This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Is this series a "Must Watch"? Day 56 (Dragon Ball Super)

User Info: FortePlus

FortePlus
3 months ago#11
All the things that DBS "changed" never actually existed. People are just mad it ruins their cobbled together headcanon.
[Hero of Canuckistan] - stand UNRIVALED // So before you die, let's see who can out-petty who.
BET makes my brain cry.~ Gnorry

User Info: Scorpion122178

Scorpion122178
3 months ago#12
FortePlus posted...
All the things that DBS "changed" never actually existed. People are just mad it ruins their cobbled together headcanon.

I am in fact very mad that 17 some how became as powerful as a Super Saiyan God between end of Cell Games and start of ToP and more mad that he became stronger than a Super Saiyan God literally mid tournament. s*** doesn't make sense. The fake out suicide self destruction scene was just icing on the cake.

Also I really don't like that the target demographic switched from teens to young kids. You can call me an edge lord but I liked the violence in DBZ, people covered in blood and bruises, people cut in half, decapitations, holes in peoples chests. And more over even though the dragon kinda made death impotent there was still alot of weight to death scenes. Like Vegeta vs Fat Buu. In Super they didn't even kill anyone off. Even though they just brought all the universes and people back at the end.
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Total War: Warhammer II, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fallout 4
FC: 2638 - 1204 - 7548

FortePlus
3 months ago#13
Scorpion122178 posted...
I am in fact very mad that 17 some how became as powerful as a Super Saiyan God

You mean the same 17 who with zero training could kick the s*** out of Super Saiyans without even exerting himself.

Thank you for proving my point.
[Hero of Canuckistan] - stand UNRIVALED // So before you die, let's see who can out-petty who.

User Info: Nintendoomed89

Nintendoomed89
3 months ago#14
Scorpion122178 posted...
FortePlus posted...

I am in fact very mad that 17 some how became as powerful as a Super Saiyan God between end of Cell Games and start of ToP and more mad that he became stronger than a Super Saiyan God literally mid tournament. s*** doesn't make sense. The fake out suicide self destruction scene was just icing on the cake.

Also I really don't like that the target demographic switched from teens to young kids.You can call me an edge lord but I liked the violence in DBZ, people covered in blood and bruises, people cut in half, decapitations, holes in peoples chests. And more over even though the dragon kinda made death impotent there was still alot of weight to death scenes. Like Vegeta vs Fat Buu. In Super they didn't even kill anyone off. Even though they just brought all the universes and people back at the end.

See, it's stuff like this that I'm talking about. People have this image of what Dragon Ball is in there heads (their own headcanon as Forte puts it) and this image is absolutely informed by the localization they watched of Dragon Ball/Z growing up. Problem is this image that fits in people's heads doesn't match the reality of what Dragon Ball is as a series.

And it's always been that way. Remember how many people came off the Cell saga and were utterly put off by the majority of the Buu saga? The answer is a lot. I'm not saying that DB/Z hasn't had its fair share of kick ass moments, it has, but the series primary demographic has always been children, not teenagers.
Zapp Brannigan: What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
I play on Steam,Switch and 3DS.

Scorpion122178
3 months ago#15
FortePlus posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...
I am in fact very mad that 17 some how became as powerful as a Super Saiyan God

You mean the same 17 who with zero training could kick the s*** out of Super Saiyans without even exerting himself.

Thank you for proving my point.

yeah it was established that Androids were very powerful at the start of their arc. Nothing about them becoming deities though. Maybe you have Dr. Gero's secret journal or something?
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Total War: Warhammer II, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fallout 4

Scorpion122178
3 months ago#16
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...
FortePlus posted...

Also I really don't like that the target demographic switched from teens to young kids.You can call me an edge lord but I liked the violence in DBZ, people covered in blood and bruises, people cut in half, decapitations, holes in peoples chests. And more over even though the dragon kinda made death impotent there was still alot of weight to death scenes. Like Vegeta vs Fat Buu. In Super they didn't even kill anyone off. Even though they just brought all the universes and people back at the end.

See, it's stuff like this that I'm talking about. People have this image of what Dragon Ball is in there heads (their own headcanons as forte puts it) and this image is absolutely informed by the localization they watched of Dragon Ball/Z growing up. Problem is this image that fits in people's heads doesn't match the reality of what Dragon Ball is as a series.

And it's always been that way. Remember how many people came off the Cell saga and were utterly put off by the majority of the Buu saga? The answer is a lot. I'm not saying that DB/Z hasn't had its fair share of kick ass moments, it has, but the series primary demographic has always been children, not teenagers.

nah dude I'm sorry but you're flat out wrong. Dragon Ball had Bulma flashing her p**** at Roshi. This s*** was never meant for young kids. It got tamer in Z but it was still way too hyper violent for children. Like name me one episode in Super that had blood. Literally, just one episode.

FortePlus
3 months ago#17
Yes because sexual gags and blood have never made their way into "kids" shows. Careful not to hurt yourself with all that reaching.

User Info: User_94

User_94
3 months ago#18
You are picking the worst examples for your argument. Doraemon has the female char with nipples drawn and constant shots of her in the bath. Are you telling me that s*** isn't for kids? Also complaining about blood of all things? Come on man.

Scorpion122178
3 months ago#19
Still waiting for that episode in super that had blood.

I mean since blood is common in kids show you should be able to find an example of it in Super right?

FortePlus
3 months ago#20
Scorpion122178 posted...
I mean since blood is common in kids show

absolutely triggered.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Is this series a "Must Watch"? Day 56 (Dragon Ball Super)
  • Topic Archived