This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. I understand toradora is supposed to be good, but wtf

User Info: ObitosSusanoo

ObitosSusanoo
6 days ago#1
Does anyone else find aisaka inSUFFERABLE
I spit gameFACTS

User Info: leopoldshark

leopoldshark
6 days ago#2
Haven't seen Tora myself but Shana clones/Kugimiya Rie tsunderes are often like that.

ObitosSusanoo
6 days ago#3
leopoldshark posted...
Haven't seen Tora myself but Shana clones/Kugimiya Rie tsunderes are often like that.

Not even just her.. this anime legit pissing me off with the characters
I spit gameFACTS

User Info: MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle
6 days ago#4
kinda yea

violent Kugu tsunderes were all the rage at the time
Can I interest you in a...side mission?

User Info: MEGAze

MEGAze
6 days ago#5
She's what I would call the standard, carbon print tsundere to reflect the new age of soulless, computer-animated tropes being flashed on a screen for otaku merchandise sells. No flair or tact to her design at all.

Many better picks if you're looking for tsundere.

Lum Invader
Asuka Soryu
Eri Sawachika
Ai Amano
Izumi Akazawa
Makise Kurisu
Aoko Nakamori
Ran Mouri
Emilia
Mikoto Misaka
Nadia Arwall
Haruhi Suzumiya
Ayane Yano
Keiko Yukimura
Tsukushi Makino
Kagami Hiiragi
Ako Suminoe
Koukou Kaga
Alice Sakaguchi
Kyouko Kirigiri
Akane Tendou
Kagome Higurashi
Yukino Miyazawa
Rin Tohsaka/Illya/Saber/Sakura Tohsaka
Lucy+Nyu
Misty

Literally a truckload of better-written tsundere out there. And all of those shows are infinitely better. The only reason to watch Toradora is if you enjoy the masochistic abuse. MC himself is a b**** with an outdated facial gimmick.

Funny enough, I thought Stella Vermillion from Chivalry of a Failed Knight was also going to be a generic tsundere cutout, but that show just averted everything I could've imagined.

--Lol. Forgot Rena Kariu. But really, she's actually better-written than 95% of that list.

--Also...I just noticed a woman wrote this s***. So I'm guessing you made this thread to contrast your "do female mangaka write romance better" thread? I can't believe the same person wrote Golden Time either. For f***'s sake, the difference in quality is like a balance bike vs a Kawasaki.
RebelOfDaNew: https://t2m.io/PF0B2HLT
DallasTheManipulator: https://t2m.io/VyVj1lT5
(edited 6 days ago)

ObitosSusanoo
6 days ago#6
MEGAze posted...
She's what I would call the standard, carbon print tsundere to reflect the new age of soulless, computer-animated tropes being flashed on a screen for otaku merchandise sells. No flair or tact to her design at all.

Many better picks if you're looking for tsundere.

Lum Invader
Asuka Soryu
Eri Sawachika
Ai Amano
Izumi Akazawa
Makise Kurisu
Aoko Nakamori
Ran Mouri
Emilia
Mikoto Misaka
Nadia Arwall
Haruhi Suzumiya
Ayane Yano
Keiko Yukimura
Tsukushi Makino
Kagami Hiiragi
Ako Suminoe
Koukou Kaga
Alice Sakaguchi
Kyouko Kirigiri
Akane Tendou
Kagome Higurashi
Yukino Miyazawa
Rin Tohsaka/Illya/Saber/Sakura Tohsaka
Lucy+Nyu
Misty

Literally a truckload of better-written tsundere out there. And all of those shows are infinitely better. The only reason to watch Toradora is if you enjoy the masochistic abuse. MC himself is a b**** with an outdated facial gimmick.

Funny enough, I thought Stella Vermillion from Chivalry of a Failed Knight was also going to be a generic tsundere cutout, but that show just averted everything I could've imagined.

--Lol. Forgot Rena Kariu. But really, she's actually better-written than 95% of that list.

--Also...I just noticed a woman wrote this s***. So I'm guessing you made this thread to contrast your "do female mangaka write romance better" thread? I can't believe the same person wrote Golden Time either. For f***'s sake, the difference in quality is like a balance bike vs a Kawasaki.

Yea man. Watching this s*** because i remember my ex being crazy about it and im like why not. I cant stop.. but the characters are so b****y its ridiculous
I spit gameFACTS

User Info: MEGAze

MEGAze
6 days ago#7
The girls tend to favor this trash more for whatever odd reason. Probably because the guy is a b****. Another perverted wish fulfillment fantasy. Not to generalize, but that's why I didn't comment in the other thread. Plenty of hit/miss female mangaka, same as on the men's side.
RebelOfDaNew: https://t2m.io/PF0B2HLT
DallasTheManipulator: https://t2m.io/VyVj1lT5

ObitosSusanoo
6 days ago#8
MEGAze posted...
The girls tend to favor this trash more for whatever odd reason. Probably because the guy is a b****. Another perverted wish fulfillment fantasy. Not to generalize, but that's why I didn't comment in the other thread. Plenty of hit/miss female mangaka, same as on the men's side.

Sometimes i make topics just to watch people fight amongst themselves. That topic just turned strange
I spit gameFACTS

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
6 days ago#9
All women are like that.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: McDohl MR

McDohl MR
6 days ago#10
No, I find the other two insufferable, always actively sabotaging themselves or others. Taiga's just tsun sometimes.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. I understand toradora is supposed to be good, but wtf