This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXXXIII: ''Don't underestimate Samurai...!!!''

User Info: ZeroatP

ZeroatP
2 weeks ago#1
How will Luffy defeat Kaido? - Results (63 votes)
He's just going to punch him harder like he always does.
23.81% (15 votes)
By forming a trio and combining Devil Fruit abilities with Law and Kidd.
19.05% (12 votes)
Massive group battle with the entire alliance.
12.7% (8 votes)
2 Weeks of training to awaken his DF power along with gaining stronger CoA.
9.52% (6 votes)
Combination of powers to create new super forms(such as Nightmare Luffy 2.0).
7.94% (5 votes)
A Toki Toki user will send Kaido into the future to give them prep time.
1.59% (1 vote)
He won't. Kaido is going to kill Luffy and then find the One Piece.
12.7% (8 votes)
A connection between Kaido and Momo's dragon DF's will be the key.
9.52% (6 votes)
Luffy will have to focus his attacks on weak points(Kaido's scar, dragon's weakpoint, etc.)
1.59% (1 vote)
Other(explain below)
1.59% (1 vote)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
Like WHOAMG, this topic will contain SPOILERS for the past and latest One Piece manga and anime! Turn back now if you're not ready to process such knowledge.

Welcome, join the crew, the OT pirates!

https://i.imgtc.com/YeyTBBc.jpg

This man single highhandedly challenged the marines and the Yonko. He was captured 18 times and endured a thousand tortures. He was even sentenced to death 40 times. But when he was hanged, the rope snapped. When put under a guillotine, the blade cracked. When skewered, the spear broke. None of these people were able to kill him...

...and that included himself.

His hobby is suicide and his name is Kaido, King of the Beast.

People say "in a one on one fight, always bet on Kaido". On Land, Air, or Sea, out of everything living thing in the world, this pirate is the strongest creature in the world.

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
2 weeks ago#2
Wano is based on a land that train people in Ki, energy. Or in the pirates world, Haki.
And here's my previous post:
Luffy DID accomplish something.

He beat Kaido in his dragon form. Yes Kaido was drunk but he manage to stop his rampage.

And yes Luffy got KO but he has Law with him. And I am betting he managed to inspire shuntenmaru.

Why are we DBZing this fight? We learn a lot from this chapter. Luffy took an L, let's get it out of the way. One hit KO

But he did something that I bet has been rarely done. Push Kaido in front a large amount of people. And this is the spark they need for their army.
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: AngelsNAirwav3s

AngelsNAirwav3s
2 weeks ago#3
Kaido just one shotted Gear 4th, which easily had Doflamingo with awakened DF powers on the ropes (and only lost because of stamina)... I have no idea how Luffy will beat this guy. Maybe Shanks will show up and give him backup?

I don't think White Beard would even be able to do that to Bounce Man...
Hello world!

omniryu
2 weeks ago#4
AngelsNAirwav3s posted...
Kaido just one shotted Gear 4th, which easily had Doflamingo with awakened DF powers on the ropes (and only lost because of stamina)... I have no idea how Luffy will beat this guy. Maybe Shanks will show up and give him backup?

I don't think White Beard would even be able to do that to Bounce Man...

It has to be a training.
We got to ask ourselves. When will Luffy stand on his own? The whole point of Luffy vs Katakuri was about growth. To Luffy, that fight was training.

Yes, Luffy was totally cocky and got KO in one go. But he needs to stop it in this Arc.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: KeylimeAchernar

KeylimeAchernar
2 weeks ago#5
Luffy will zankai the gap away.
"Is it all lies, forever and ever, everyone and everything?"
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1189-pirate-king
(edited 2 weeks ago)

omniryu
2 weeks ago#6
KeylimeAchernar posted...
Luffy will zankai the gap away.

Well, Rayleigh said that fighting stronger enemies will improve his Haki

User Info: MajesticFerret

MajesticFerret
2 weeks ago#7
I don't think this is evidence Kaido is stronger as a human.

I'm under the impression Kaido is doubling over more from intoxication than Luffy's blows. He was staggering all over the place and scraping into the village and not flying straight upon arrival. Upon getting knocked back as a dragon and turning back into a human, he pretty much just laid on his back and chilled for awhile and didn't seem to care he was in the middle of a fight.

Also, while I will admit this is the first time a villain has literally let Luffy go to town on them full strength without so much as lifting a finger to defend themselves, one shotting Luffy isn't too crazy at all. Half of Big Mom's super attacks, like her island slicer Soul Sword or her mini Soul Sun would have been instant death and her Soul Thundercloud is pretty much GG for anyone that isn't rubber.

Magellan pretty much handed Luffy his ass with about this much ease as well.
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.

User Info: mallow

mallow
2 weeks ago#8
Other(explain below)

Just send Zoro at him.
https://i.imgur.com/chry6LA.gif

User Info: mallow

mallow
2 weeks ago#9
MajesticFerret posted...
Also, while I will admit this is the first time a villain has literally let Luffy go to town on them full strength without so much as lifting a finger to defend themselves, one shotting Luffy isn't too crazy at all. Half of Big Mom's super attacks, like her island slicer Soul Sword or her mini Soul Sun would have been instant death and her Soul Thundercloud is pretty much GG for anyone that isn't rubber.

Magellan pretty much handed Luffy his ass with about this much ease as well.

People forget, despite having it shoved down our throats repeatedly in the last arc, that Luffy always gets back up. he's RIP now but he'll be back later and Kaido is going to end up being the one on his back in the end.
not sure how, though.

personally I still hope that Marco changes his mind and comes to Wano.

btw Tama is totally alive, or else Speed shouldn't have still called her "master".
https://i.imgur.com/chry6LA.gif
I agree now that I've reread.

Kaido's dragon form might not be weaker so much as its easier to hit.
"Is it all lies, forever and ever, everyone and everything?"
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1189-pirate-king
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXXXIII: ''Don't underestimate Samurai...!!!''
  • Topic Closed