This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which qurik woud you want to have in real life?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Which qurik woud you want to have in real life?

User Info: ROCKS_21

ROCKS_21
4 weeks ago#21
CloverKitten posted...
IQ is bulls*** but High Spec makes no mention of that.

Don't conflate the dubious statistic that is Intelligence Quotient with the concept of advanced intelligence; High Spec is the latter.

Perhaps it was just the translation I read.
It is by proxy impossible for him to have higher intelligence than humans, as that is an oxymoronic assessment established by humans, not some other humanoid alien race above us.
What would that even mean? Humans that are self aware have exponential ability to absorb what some other person/being knows by observing and gathering.
Nezu has not really displayed anything special with his intelligence either, for a human anyway. He is of course a danged genius amongst Rat Town.

User Info: CloverKitten

CloverKitten
4 weeks ago#22
ROCKS_21 posted...
It is by proxy impossible for him to have higher intelligence than humans, as that is an oxymoronic assessment established by humans, not some other humanoid Alien race above us.
Not really, especially if you examine intelligence through something like the memory-prediction framework; not very difficult for a "less-intelligent" being to recognize the results of the predictions of someone beyond their strata even though they don't understand how that prediction was reached.

ROCKS_21 posted...
Nezu has not really displayed anything special with his intelligence either, for a human anyway.
He runs a school populated by teenagers that can make stadium-sized explosions through mild exertion with no preparation.

And said school isn't a smoking crater.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#23
ROCKS_21 posted...
High Spec is too mundane and worthless, as IQ isn't real(Its just the real world version of media mind control and manipulation.), you either have a non invalid and functioning brain, and then choose to acquire specific intel with it, or you do not. It does not actually work like Dragon Ball Z power levels, contrary to popular belief. Its otherwise only of use to a rodent or something, in acquiring a human brain.

It isn't IQ, it's over all intelligence. There is also absolutely a difference in intelligence between different people. It's not just "brain damage" vs "able to be the best scientist in the world if you try hard". How fast you think, how quickly you can comprehend and understand new concepts, how well you can remember things etc will vary from person to person.

High Spec turns a mouse into something SMARTER than humans. If a human had it, you would surpass a super computer. You're under estimating high spec pretty hard

Dub warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2kOGebmTeg

A human having their intelligence amplified as much as Nezu had his, would essentially become a nearly god like being. Look at people like Ozymandias in Watchman or Batman, they'd pale in comparison to a human with High Spec (assuming it amplifies you as much as it did Nezu). You could absolutely use it to do pretty much what ever you wanted

PhilOnDez posted...
You might be able to live easily but you'll end up bored with everything.

Probably, but that's still not *too* bad of a problem! Honestly IMO High Spec would make you essentially a Dr. Manhattan level person, just without the matter manipulation and powers. You'd probably have a fairly similar personality and boredom, but I'd still take it as a quirk

red255 posted...

just make solid gold.

PhilOnDez posted...
Once you knew how to make gold that's pretty much it.

Gold would get you the wrong kind of attention very quickly. Especially once you got audited and people started asking where you got your money and why the market was getting flooded with gold and jewels.

No matter what you made, you'd be cutting in on *someone's* business, and cutting in on people's billion dollar business is a good way to end up dead. Creation would be a quirk that would definitely have you end up chained to a wall in a secret government lab somewhere too.

Honestly, with pretty much any quirk if you didn't IMMEDIATELY go to the news and start blasting yourself all over Youtube, Twitter, Facebook etc and make sure as many people as possible knew who you were, you would get kidnapped by the government pretty fast. Downside to that, is people would know who you were and what you could do, so pretty much any business you tried to start, or item you produced would piss off the people already in that market and make them want to go after you

ROCKS_21 posted...
Warp bullets there, escape explosions,

how often are you getting shot at and exploded IRL? In a real life scenario, your best bet is to *avoid* things that are going to get you shot at, since IRL you aren't going to get to open a warp gate before you get shot full of holes. Bullets and explosive shock waves are pretty freaking fast, your brain doesn't have time to even process what's happening, and all it takes is a single bullet or piece of shrapnel hitting you in the right spot and all the warp gates in the world won't save you
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#24
ROCKS_21 posted...
CloverKitten posted...
IQ is bulls*** but High Spec makes no mention of that.

Don't conflate the dubious statistic that is Intelligence Quotient with the concept of advanced intelligence; High Spec is the latter.

Perhaps it was just the translation I read.
It is by proxy impossible for him to have higher intelligence than humans, as that is an oxymoronic assessment established by humans, not some other humanoid alien race above us.
What would that even mean? Humans that are self aware have exponential ability to absorb what some other person/being knows by observing and gathering.
Nezu has not really displayed anything special with his intelligence either, for a human anyway. He is of course a danged genius amongst Rat Town.

Wut? You can definitely tell when someone / something is smarter than you are. Have you never read comics with people / creatures that have far beyond normal human level intelligence? I'm quite capable of telling that I can't calculate the exact weight of a star in a few seconds by glancing at it, or calculate the exact number of steps needed to walk from New York City to Mexico City by glancing at a globe, but if a talking tree stump does it casually, I know it's beyond any level of achievable human intelligence.

Nezu was able to calculate the exact way debris would fall in an extremely chaotic situation "as easily as making a cup of tea". He was using his wrecking ball to hit buildings just right so the buildings would break exactly the way he needed them to in order to send debris to the exact right spot to not hit the kids, but to instead cut off routes etc

No human alive can calculate something that chaotic on the fly while drinking a cup of tea from hundreds of yards away

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#25
Knighted Dragon posted...
Gold would get you the wrong kind of attention very quickly. Especially once you got audited and people started asking where you got your money and why the market was getting flooded with gold and jewels.

No matter what you made, you'd be cutting in on *someone's* business, and cutting in on people's billion dollar business is a good way to end up dead. Creation would be a quirk that would definitely have you end up chained to a wall in a secret government lab somewhere too.

The audit shouldn't hurt as long as you're not doing anything illegal and paying your taxes. There's nothing they can do if you say you just found it in the woods or at the beach or something. You could sell 100 grams of gold a month (about a 2.25cm cube) and live pretty comfortably, at least where I live. If you really want to keep it on the down low just buy a bunch of cheap old electronics/jewelry and run a gold recovery op as a front. Go to the beach with a metal detector and pretend to hit the treasure hunting lottery. There's a million ways to fake finding whatever it is you want to sell, and it's not illegal.

If you wanted to get rich the fastest way would probably be to just threaten to crash the value of gold/platinum/whatever and get paid not to do it once you proved it could actually be done, providing creation could actually produce that much since I don't know if it's been shown what kind of return Momo gets on it when producing gold. If you can't produce enough to destabilize prices then the big guys aren't going to care either way.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: CloverKitten

CloverKitten
4 weeks ago#26
Knighted Dragon posted...
No matter what you made, you'd be cutting in on *someone's* business
Wrong.

Right off the top of my head, you could make Helium-3, which has historically been seen as recouping a slight income from the waste of decayed tritium used in nuclear weapons.

With that quirk, you would be the only supplier of commercially-viable quantities of He-3 (at which point the current suppliers would shift perspectives on what it can be used for and will start buying it from you), potentially making you the founder of a fusion power industry.

It goes for millions of dollars per pound and is one of few materials that could conceivably become more expensive if there was suddenly a whole lot more of it.

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#27
CloverKitten posted...
Right off the top of my head, you could make Helium-3,

I actually thought about that while writing that, but figured it'd be too much to go in to.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Which qurik woud you want to have in real life?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived