This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXXIX: "You octopussssssss...."

User Info: TehLizardKing

TehLizardKing
4 months ago#1
Which Post-TS arc had the best adventure/intro portion? - Results (58 votes)
Fishman Island
18.97% (11 votes)
Punk Hazard
24.14% (14 votes)
Dressrosa
12.07% (7 votes)
Zou
10.34% (6 votes)
WCI
12.07% (7 votes)
Orlumbus Arc
8.62% (5 votes)
Wano
13.79% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Like WHOAMG, this topic will contain SPOILERS for the past and latest One Piece manga and anime! Turn back now if you're not ready to process such knowledge.

Welcome, join the crew, the OT pirates!

https://imgur.com/dF9MJUu

Chapter's out etc etc
5129 1165 3506
http://www.last.fm/user/Kvltivater

User Info: voldothegr8

voldothegr8
4 months ago#2
quote sucks tag
Oda break tracker 2018- 4 (2) | THE Ohio State: 11-2 | Oakland Raiders: 6-10
Super Mario Maker Profile: 1237-0000-0073-02FE

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 months ago#3
For the poll, I voted Fishman Island. Even though the arc itself was disappointing in some ways, the intro sailing into the island and meeting the people and mermaids was great.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

TehLizardKing
4 months ago#4
So it seems like Kid was the only one who didn't wanna play ball with the Beast Pirates. I wonder if Killer is working for Kaido as well to protect his bro from execution of course
5129 1165 3506

TehLizardKing
4 months ago#5
Metalsonic66 posted...
For the poll, I voted Fishman Island. Even though the arc itself was disappointing in some ways, the intro sailing into the island and meeting the people and mermaids was great.

Yea the arc itself like the setting and cheesy messages and everything, was cool, the villains just weren't all that compelling

@PhazonDaxter I think the term headliner was also used in 795 when Sheepsheads unit was fighting the Curly Hats
5129 1165 3506

User Info: ZeroatP

ZeroatP
4 months ago#6
Quote sucks tag

Good Chapter.

- Love this color spread. Don't know if this is some real place in Japan or something but it looks like the SH's are going to an outdoor movie theater with a burger joint? 🤣This needs to exists. And with the official "adventure in..." chapter title we can close out even the tiniest strands of hope we'd peek back into the Reverie first, lol.

- Well that explains how they got split up, but there's still no real explanation as to why Luffy and the ship ended up there of all places. Because if Sanji was just jumping to shore, then Sanji would simply use his CoO to go back to Luffy. They certainly wouldn't leave him there unconscious. I mean I guess they could have gotten attacked or something, but I still think it's far more likely that whirlpool was a portal or something and Luffy is either arriving at a much later time or in a completely different area of Wano than Sanji.

- Luffy's lost vivre card for ...Jinbe? ...Moriah? ...Big Mom? ...Weevil? ...One of the worst generation? ...hmm🤔

- Luffy back hand smashing a sniper who was coming at him from far behind! I think Oda intentionally made that similar to when Flampe's flunkies were trying to snipe Luffy as he was learning Future Sight. So I think that was our first official "Future sighting" of current Luffy! And Luffy taming animals never gets old!

- O-Tama has the Mochi power! ...no, no, I think that's just the type of food Oda decided to use just cause it looked cutesy weird to pull it out of her cheek. I bet her power is something like a Treat-Treat DF or a Tame-Tame DF. She can create a random type of animal treat and if she can get an animal to eat it, then she gains instant control over them. Like a beastmaster! Her reaction also supports this because she said she finally tamed it, which implies it was a mission or goal of some sort. ....OR and I like this better, but maybe it's NOT a DF at all! ...Maybe since she said she wanted to be a Kunoichi that what she did was actually just 😎Ninjutsu!!!

- Bringing back the thing about the starving people of Wano. I almost forgot about that since it's been so long since both Kinemon and Momo acted like that around food way back on Punk Hazard. And another factory and this one is contaminating the water of the poor people! Oda's not wasting any time piling on the vileness of Kaido and his crew. For someone who seems so basic and brutish Kaido sure is interested diversifying his crew by creating stuff in factories😂.

- Master Tengu dude looks awesome. This arc will not be complete unless Usopp gets one of those masks at some point!!! Anyhow I hope he's a ninja and is training O-Tama. And what is her connection to Ace? Did she teach him how to weave the hat that Ace made for Oars Jr.? I can't wait to find out more about what Ace did on Wano! (...and Roger too, and perhaps Whitebeard, Shiki, etc...)

- Never cared for Hawkins. For those who don't remember though, his title of "Headliner" is the same as that dude who was with Jack. His name was Sheepshead and he was the Headliner of the "Gifters"(the SMILE fake-DF users). Seems like a pretty lowly position based on Sheepshead getting owned by Brook and Sanji, but then perhaps it's just a standard entry position for a strong guy into the Beast Pirates. Probably might have a range of strength levels much like the VA's in the marines or the Ministers of Totto Land.

User Info: tremain07

tremain07
4 months ago#7
How long do they intend to keep Carrot? She's already lasted longer than Vivi and the argument on wither or not she's a crewmember is starting to get on my nerves. How far am I behind anyway? My last chapter was the one declaring Luffy a fifth emperor
IGN: Sun
FC: 0061-0132-7564

User Info: BloodPump

BloodPump
4 months ago#8
tremain07 posted...
How long do they intend to keep Carrot? She's already lasted longer than Vivi and the argument on wither or not she's a crewmember is starting to get on my nerves. How far am I behind anyway? My last chapter was the one declaring Luffy a fifth emperor

She gon' be a crew member yo.
Not Changing This Until Nakamura Becomes WWE Champ 4/5/2016
https://njpwworld.com/

User Info: ZeroatP

ZeroatP
4 months ago#9
PhazonDaxter posted...
Look at Sunny's face when being pulled into the whirl pool XD

lol, I missed that.

- Tengu dude reminds me of Toriko

Same, that guy was one of my favs in Toriko just cause he was so cool looking.

You'd think they'd have gotten the new he's dead, I guess because it's just the two of them living out in the woods they aren't informed on current events >.>

Aren't they completely cut off from the world, Kinemon didn't even know what a DF was despite having one😂.

dillpickle69 posted...
Also, why would Sanji need to trampoline off Luffy instead of just using Geppou? Lol I know it's an excuse to separate them and can be brushed off with "the peak was too far to Sky Walk" but it kinda bothers me that there's a limit to it, if it's stepping on air rather than flying/gliding then I don't feel it makes sense to have a limit, but oh well that's just my two cents.

I think it was supposed to imply that Sanji would have trouble taking off with that much weight ...but that doesn't really make sense either. It was just an excuse to separate them.

And to refresh the memory of everyone who's asking why the news didn't spread, remember Wano is an isolationist country, so no news getting in or out. Though I will admit that the Summit War, being a tremendous event that shook the world, should have been something that leaked in there, especially since the Beast Pirates are occupying the country so you'd think some of the grunts would've mentioned it and spark the news spreading.

Even if Kaido grunts know, they likely don't see a point to talking to the commoners. Especially one's that live out in the wilderness.

TehLizardKing posted...
So it seems like Kid was the only one who didn't wanna play ball with the Beast Pirates. I wonder if Killer is working for Kaido as well

I doubt Killer would betray Kidd, unless he's just pretending in order to break Kidd out of prison later on.

BloodPump posted...
She gon' be a crew member yo.

Definitely. The only reason the minks are in this arc is to reveal Carrot's backstory so that she can join. ...🤣kidding. But anyway Carrot already fits into a potential pattern: The 2nd recruit from each ocean is a female who travels with the crew without officially joining for a while before her story and dream is revealed. By then she has created bonds with the crew and she then officially joins after that arc...

East Blue = Nami: Orange > Syrup > Baratie > Arlong Park
Grandline = Robin: Alabasta > Jaya > Skypiea > Water7/Enies
New World = Carrot: Zoue > Totto Land > Reverie > Wano

...she also already has a crew position as the "Lookout" which Oda made obnoxiously obvious during the escape of Totto Land. And her dream is almost certainly going to be what Pedro told her about the SH's being the dawn of the New World. We just need the sad orphan backstory and it's a done deal. Also if Sicilian turns out to be the Mink Traitor that Inu was talking about that would be a perfect match for her on Wano, since he was Pedro's rival and the leader of the Musketeers which Carrot is part of.

User Info: tremain07

tremain07
4 months ago#10
Isn't Carrot's dream to see the world? She lived her entire life on Zou and stowed away on the ship just because the opportunity to leave would likely never appear again to her.
IGN: Sun
FC: 0061-0132-7564
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXXIX: "You octopussssssss...."
  • Topic Archived