This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Yu-Gi-Oh!/GX/5D's/ZEXAL/ARC-V/Vrains ODT 40 (Spoilers) - Hope Sword Chaos Slash

User Info: Dabrikishaw15

Dabrikishaw15
1 year ago#421
TuneMagician posted...
pwkeyblade951 posted...
So which of the Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists get most screwed over by Vrains rules? I know Yugi is relatively safe since he rarely uses Fusions and the others weren't even invented yet but what about the others?

Jaden has hax powers so he's safe

Yusei would still find a way to do some dumb quasar tier ****

Yuma would still be focused on Utopia so he isn't affected at all

Yuya now has a 100% loss rate unless he learns ritual from mieru

Agreeing with this. Yuma is the only one seriously hampered by Link Summoning.
3DS FC: 4382 - 2449 - 5707 IGN: Anthony

User Info: pkmnpkmn

pkmnpkmn
1 year ago#422
BahamutX978 posted...
pkmnpkmn posted...
the LLs got rarity screwed. it looks like konami knew the deck would be dead on arrival without neptune and stripped them of their foils.

You say that like its a bad thing.
I'm glad they're all low rarity.

TuneMagician posted...
Are they all commons?

The Xyz is a Super Rare, but yes.

yeah but the ruris don't say if you use this card you can't summon anything but winds this turn.
FE Fates Mycastle code10984-57903-68339-73894
Come for easy Aptitude parents

User Info: tremain07

tremain07
1 year ago#423
Dabrikishaw15 posted...

You mean, Yuya,right? without him being able to constantly bring back his pendulums he's f***ed. Well, if he's just using Performapals he is, Oafdrago Magician, Pot of Riches and Amazing Pendulum seem good enough to keep his hand filled
I got nothing

User Info: xtreemmasheen3k2

xtreemmasheen3k2
1 year ago#424
Ya know, seems like only Yugioh: DM is the only one that was consistent from start to finish. Every other series has been marred by either a bad beginning or a bad ending.
Former #1 Uber Battler on Smogon: http://i.imgur.com/XsU3foj.jpg
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88

User Info: metalshadow2k4

metalshadow2k4
1 year ago#425
Coincidentally, it also (mostly) followed the plot of the source material, which wasn't created for the sole purpose of selling ever greater numbers of trading cards.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/VanHohenheim/vlcsnap-274632.png

User Info: BahamutX978

BahamutX978
1 year ago#426
It has its own fair share of issues though. Kaz rushed the last arc, and didn't get to do some of what he wanted to.
I <3 Tsunderes
Claims: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2186/claimsm.png

User Info: mu695

mu695
1 year ago#427
I've always been unsure of the best way to go through DM. As far as I can tell the manga's probably the best way to do it, but there's still good arguments for both the sub and dub.

User Info: NedRostram

NedRostram
1 year ago#428
pwkeyblade951 posted...
So which of the Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists get most screwed over by Vrains rules? I know Yugi is relatively safe since he rarely uses Fusions and the others weren't even invented yet but what about the others?

Easily Yuya. He relies on Pendulum Summoning numerous monsters at once, including the ones in his Extra Deck, and uses those monsters to perform the other Extra Deck Summons. At the most he can only PS one monster from his Extra Deck, which will restrict his gameplay.

As mentioned before, Yugi rarely, if ever, summons Extra Deck monsters. He uses mostly Tribute Summoned cards to get the job done.

Judai mostly Fusion Summons one monster at a time. If a Fusion Monster of his gets destroyed, he summons another Fusion Monster to replace it. If he can't fuse, as we have seen with Misawa, Judai uses support cards for his basic Elemental Heroes. He isn't really bothered by Links stuff.

Yusei and Yuma are more prone to Extra Deck spam than Yugi or Judai, but they tend to use their own Extra Deck monsters as materials for additional Extra Deck summons. (Yusei using his Synchros as material for other Synchros. Yuma using his Xyzs as materials for other Xyzs.) So if they are just replacing one ED monster with another, they shouldn't be bothered too much by Links.

For the most part, Yusei has more difficulty summoning his strongest monsters because of Accel Synchro. So he has to rely on Links if he wants to summon Shooting Star or Quasar.

As I see it this is the order of characters who would struggle under the new Master Rules (from most to least): Yuya, Yusei, Yuma, Judai, and Yugi.
IGN: John. Friend Code: 2062-9649-5371

User Info: Dabrikishaw15

Dabrikishaw15
1 year ago#429
tremain07 posted...
Dabrikishaw15 posted...

You mean, Yuya,right? without him being able to constantly bring back his pendulums he's f***ed. Well, if he's just using Performapals he is, Oafdrago Magician, Pot of Riches and Amazing Pendulum seem good enough to keep his hand filled

Yeah Yuya. I hate making typos.
3DS FC: 4382 - 2449 - 5707 IGN: Anthony

User Info: thatdude227

thatdude227
1 year ago#430
xtreemmasheen3k2 posted...
Ya know, seems like only Yugioh: DM is the only one that was consistent from start to finish. Every other series has been marred by either a bad beginning or a bad ending.

i disagree
DM: the beginning sucked. the card game didn't exist back then, but the duels are still hard to watch in season 1 and 2
GX: season 1 was slow-paced, but not bad. it was okay
5D's: season 3 was worse, but it still wasn't bad. there was filler, but the crashtown arc was pretty good, and the last 15 or so episodes were amazing
Zexal: pre-WDC came VERY close to being bad, between Yuma being annoying to the ending credits explaining the most basic rules of the card game as trivia questions, but Astral, Shark, and Kaito carried that part of the show
Arc-V: season 3 was definitely disappointing. this has it's bad moments, but it also has it's good moments (episodes 125-126, 140). however, considering how good the show was up until that point, i can see why ppl say season 3 sucks. im even considering writing a fanfiction that fixes the mistakes of season 3
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10757282/1/The-Ice-Queen-Cometh
To all fans of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, read this fan fic
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Yu-Gi-Oh!/GX/5D's/ZEXAL/ARC-V/Vrains ODT 40 (Spoilers) - Hope Sword Chaos Slash
  • Topic Archived