This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Yu-Gi-Oh!/GX/5D's/ZEXAL/ARC-V ODT 39 (Spoilers) - Big Cannon

User Info: marvelknight54

marvelknight54
1 year ago#281
I feel that episode 141 isn't what it appears to be.

Something feels off, especially with the way the episode ended.
FC - 3738-0415-1277

User Info: BahamutX978

BahamutX978
1 year ago#282
I'm holding off that what Ray did might give us Yuya vs Zarc after all.

It won't redeem this duel, but it will at least be better for Yuya.
I <3 Tsunderes
Claims: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2186/claimsm.png

User Info: xtreemmasheen3k2

xtreemmasheen3k2
1 year ago#283
BahamutX978 posted...
But the Extra Deck limit doesn't exist in the anime. ZEXAL proved that.

Doesn't exist in Zexal. No proof exists that it didn't exist in 5D's. My logic is still flawless. /s
Former #1 Uber Battler on Smogon: http://i.imgur.com/XsU3foj.jpg
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88

marvelknight54
1 year ago#284
BahamutX978 posted...

How is that going to work? Zarc is still using Yuya's body.
FC - 3738-0415-1277

User Info: pkmnpkmn

pkmnpkmn
1 year ago#285
Pendulums were a mistake

Zarc: I’m the one who created Pendulum Summon!
I, Supreme Dragon King Zarc, am the true creator of Pendulum Summon!

Reiji: What!?

Tatsuya: Zarc is the creator of Pendulum!?

Shuzo: Yuya was the one who created Pendulum Summon!

Yuya: No! NO!

Zarc: I create Pendulum Summon to aid my quest for vengeance!

Yuya/Zarc: That moment…

Zarc: …was when my soul awakened!

Yuya/Zarc: I swore that the next time I fight her…

Zarc: I will definitely win!

Guess what Zarc lost to.
FE Fates Mycastle code10984-57903-68339-73894
Come for easy Aptitude parents

BahamutX978
1 year ago#286
marvelknight54 posted...
BahamutX978 posted...

No he he isn't. You see him leave Yuya's body in the end.
Moreover, its not as if fiction hasn't separated the good and evil halves of characters before.
I <3 Tsunderes

marvelknight54
1 year ago#287
BahamutX978 posted...
marvelknight54 posted...
BahamutX978 posted...

No he he isn't. You see him leave Yuya's body in the end.
Moreover, its not as if fiction hasn't separated the good and evil halves of characters before.

I assumed that was Yuya who left because immediately after he wakes up and calls for Reira.

We don't see his body revert back either.
FC - 3738-0415-1277

User Info: Nintendoomed89

Nintendoomed89
1 year ago#288
BahamutX978 posted...
The problem is that what happened here defeats the purpose of the main theme of the series, and Yuya's, the protagonist, central character arc.

How? I guess I'm asking what, in your opinion, is the theme of the show and Yuya's character arc and how this undermines it,because I'm not seeing it.
Zapp Brannigan: What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Switch Day One Purchase

BahamutX978
1 year ago#289
Whether people like it or not, the main theme was, just to use the meme term before I go in to detail, EGAO. But the theme of bringing smiles with dueling doesn't just apply to Yuya doing it for the audience, but for hi opponents as well.

While people complain about things dragging out, the series has been consistent until now.

Lets look at Synchro, and the lessons it brought. The best way to point this out would be Yuya's first duel against Jack. Yuya still referred to himself as an entertainer, but he dropped his entertainment dueling while still invoking it just to brute force, and Jack called him out on this. Then you take into consideration his duel with 227, where, in a moment of weakness, he abandoned that desire and the Zarc-ness took hold. Or in his duel with Shinji, where he did reach out to the audience, but failed to reach out to Shinji himself.

When we get to Xyz, he encounters Edo, who is stuck in his grudge. He tries doing things Yuto's way, in both his duel with Edo and his duel with the Tyler sisters, but simply trying to beat Edo does nothing to stop his grudge, or in the duel with the Tyler sisters, Yuto's desire to avenge his friends would not only probably strengthen Zarc's hold, but also would not have helped them later on in the arc to reach out to the Acedemia. When Edo rematched him, while Edo put his Acedmia pride on the line, and Yuya fought with his Entertainment duel, and was able to reach Edo, which along with the win over the Tyler sisters, helped him reach out to the Academia students, and show them there was another way.

When we get to Fusion, we see the return of Kachidoki. The entire reason he was brought back, from a narrative stand point, was because just defeating him only made things worse. It only deepened his darkness, which he was already fond of talking about, and made him seek revenge. Battle Beast's mini-arc dragged on longer than it should have, but essentially, he was a duelist created to win and nothing else, which, while won't defend the quality of those episodes, but the theme remained the same. It had created a monster.
And of course, in his duel with Ruri and Serena, Leo, and Yuri, the pursuit of victory alone(And what was being done to Yuza and the others) only let Zarc strengthen his hold.

Meanwhile, lets examine Zarc. He was essentially "created" as he sought victory at any cost. At first it was because the crowd enjoyed it, much like Synchro, but it only drove him in the darkness. But you know what we never saw? Zarc's perspective on the matter. He was another Yuya, but more importantly, what sets him apart from Yuya? Because everyone was so busy focusing on Yuya, Zarc also doesn't get the development that other final bosses do.

Yuya's whole character arc was building up to him facing off against Zarc, especially because just beating Zarc does nothing to really stop him for good. He was sealed away once, and he says he'll return. What then? Just defeating him alone isn't dissuading him. Just beating him makes him worse.
This is why I said, Yuya dueling him was built up.
I <3 Tsunderes

User Info: lelouch623

lelouch623
1 year ago#290
So Reira was actually a girl like Rei from GX, not gonna lie that was probably the best twist and call back to GX this series has done almost makes up for their treatment of Alexis and Aster.

Yuya v Zarc will probably happen in the junior championship with Zarc possessed Reira, and after that's done we can get Yuzu back for a finale duel
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Yu-Gi-Oh!/GX/5D's/ZEXAL/ARC-V ODT 39 (Spoilers) - Big Cannon
  • Topic Archived