This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. I don't get people who hate fanservice

User Info: Mass_Carrier

Mass_Carrier
6 years ago#21
But if the series is good otherwise, and then they enhance that with sexy girls, then it's only additive. I mean if you're going to make something why not pack in all the good stuff you can? Anime is a visual art too. Part of their work is crafting images. They're artists. I say they're almost obligated to show pleasing imagery. In other words drawing sexy girls is a quintessential element of their artistic expression, not bankruptcy. It's part of the art. But the problem seems to be more fundamental. It's like you DON'T enjoy looking at sexy girls or something. Like you don't see the intrinsic good of a hot sexy babe. Like you're almost tired of looking at girls. Like its a chore for you and you only want to see it when you're handling your happy place. I can't understand that. I can't relate to that. Maybe it's because I'm a hot girl enthusiast. I can't imagine a situation that can't be enhanced by being able to see a hot girls sexy body. I can't imagine thinking. "I'd rather see something else right now." I don't think we'll ever understand eachother

The way you put it, it sounds like hot girls are the pinnacle of what any artist can do and there's nothing that isn't improved by adding hot girls to it. But what if I'm not attracted to girls? Either because I'm not into them as a man, or because I'm a girl already. Or maybe I'm one of those uppity feminists that have become all the rage recently. There is a time and place for putting a girls attractiveness at the center of the stage, but that that point I want to see them go all the way, and not just be a boring ****tease. If I had any doubt you weren't a 20 something year old, I'd go so far as to say something along the lines of "maybe you'll understand once you get out of puberty."

Just out of curiosity, do you also think Baywatch is the best show of all time? Or if you're one of those strictly 2D-characters-only guys, would an anime adaptation of Baywatch be the best anime of all time for you? Would the Mona Lisa be a better painting if she was wearing a bikini?
Probably not changing this sig until Sega announces a western release of Yakuza 5 - May 30 2013
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png

User Info: Fatestaykitchen

Fatestaykitchen
6 years ago#22
Young_Caesar posted...
It boggles my mind that people are into this sort of thing. They're drawings. I guess different strokes and all that, but still...

Uh...

It's still a visual representation of people. It's still a girls body.

Does a photograph of a girl stop being attractive just because its technically ink on a page? Or pixels?

What about sculptures? Paintings?

When you look at a picture of a girl your mind recognizes it as a girl...otherwise you wouldn't see it as a girl.

Even a child can recognize a drawing of something as the thing it's representing

And everyone sees fictional people as people on some level. We wouldn't care about jay happens to them otherwise.

If anything your view is extremely weird...and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I would even venture to say its some kind of psychological abnormality

User Info: Young_Caesar

Young_Caesar
6 years ago#23

If anything your view is extremely weird...and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Very exaggerated girls body. Most anime/manga women don't even seem like real women or have proportions like women would have. Continue on thinking that my view is the weird one. Bronies don't think their behavior is odd either, but go on. Dat hawt Lucy action is superior to real womynz I guess.
Sirius taught me what true betrayal means.

Fatestaykitchen
6 years ago#24
Mass_Carrier posted...
But if the series is good otherwise, and then they enhance that with sexy girls, then it's only additive. I mean if you're going to make something why not pack in all the good stuff you can? Anime is a visual art too. Part of their work is crafting images. They're artists. I say they're almost obligated to show pleasing imagery. In other words drawing sexy girls is a quintessential element of their artistic expression, not bankruptcy. It's part of the art. But the problem seems to be more fundamental. It's like you DON'T enjoy looking at sexy girls or something. Like you don't see the intrinsic good of a hot sexy babe. Like you're almost tired of looking at girls. Like its a chore for you and you only want to see it when you're handling your happy place. I can't understand that. I can't relate to that. Maybe it's because I'm a hot girl enthusiast. I can't imagine a situation that can't be enhanced by being able to see a hot girls sexy body. I can't imagine thinking. "I'd rather see something else right now." I don't think we'll ever understand eachother

The way you put it, it sounds like hot girls are the pinnacle of what any artist can do and there's nothing that isn't improved by adding hot girls to it. But what if I'm not attracted to girls? Either because I'm not into them as a man, or because I'm a girl already. Or maybe I'm one of those uppity feminists that have become all the rage recently. There is a time and place for putting a girls attractiveness at the center of the stage, but that that point I want to see them go all the way, and not just be a boring ****tease. If I had any doubt you weren't a 20 something year old, I'd go so far as to say something along the lines of "maybe you'll understand once you get out of puberty."

Just out of curiosity, do you also think Baywatch is the best show of all time? Or if you're one of those strictly 2D-characters-only guys, would an anime adaptation of Baywatch be the best anime of all time for you? Would the Mona Lisa be a better painting if she was wearing a bikini?

I wouldn't say it's the pinnacle.

But in an art form where you're drawing people, of course you should present them as best as you can.

Like I said, why not cram in every good you can?

Especially in a show where you're drawing hot girls anyway. It's wasted potential.

If you're not attracted to girls well, that's understandable.

Trendy feminists are bad people by very nature. I can't understand them either.

Bay watch is a bad show. so no. I wouldn't watch it. I would go get screencaps of it though.

I already said that it can't carry an interesting plot in the first post.

Can I watch a pure fanservice show? Yes.

Maybe I came off wrong. I'm not saying its the only thing I want in a story. That's why I said "as long as the series is good otherwise" a story can be good-amazing without any fanservice at all. But fanservice would be an extra added good thing.

I just can't understand the mindset that fanservice "takes away" from the series

And yes, Mona Lisa would be better in a bikini.

User Info: Moranite

Moranite
6 years ago#25
hooah posted...
the problem with fanservice is that there's a time and place for everything. Fanservice during extremely sad/important/dramatic moments is just silly.

Like that one recent FT chapter. It's hard to take a very dramatic moment seriously because half the page is breasts.

This is a really good reason, but personally I think it's a waste of pages and screen time unless you sneak some character development, foreshadowing, or actually funny comedy into it.

Fanservice on its own does nothing for me.
The official Uriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Moranite

User Info: alucard884

alucard884
6 years ago#26
I hate fanservice because my waifus body should only be for my eyes to see.

NONE OF YOU LOOK AT HER, SHE IS MINE!

:)

Fatestaykitchen
6 years ago#27
Young_Caesar posted...

Very exaggerated girls body. Most anime/manga women don't even seem like real women or have proportions like women would have. Continue on thinking that my view is the weird one. Bronies don't think their behavior is odd either, but go on. Dat hawt Lucy action is superior to real womynz I guess.

So you don't like certain proportions. Besides the fact that women come in many wonderful shapes and sizes even irl, there are some series that have more uh..."normal" bodies.

And you seemed to ignore the bulk of my post. It's...the nature of intelligent beings to recognize a representation of something as that thing. It's basic perception.

If you can't see attractiveness because its a picture then I'm sorry there is something wrong with YOU.

Also I like both. "2D and 3D"

User Info: HCE

HCE
6 years ago#28
Fatestaykitchen posted...

And yes, Mona Lisa would be better in a bikini.

13/10 post
Fun is fun and done is done.
Go.D.S.E.E.D.

User Info: nantomaster

nantomaster
6 years ago#29
It's all fun and games until there's fanservice for women, then it's all "fujoshi are ruining everything!"
PSN: Otogi-Matsuri. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
www.gab.com

Fatestaykitchen
6 years ago#30
Hey, nothing wrong with manservice...

For uh, girls yeah...thats right...yeah...

XD
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. I don't get people who hate fanservice
  • Topic Archived