This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. I don't get people who hate fanservice

User Info: thisranks

thisranks
7 years ago#11
I ran out of room ... bah.

I do get why some people don't like it though, and there's a simple way to fix it ... create your own show. Then you can enforce your ideals on people because you have the final say.

People aren't forced to watch these shows that include fanservice, and it's not the responsibility of the creator of each and every show to please everyone in the viewing audience. I think that statement gets ignored far too often by people because they think about what's best for themselves rather than remembering there's a huge viewing audience out there who may or may not agree with you.

It's really been an issue in the video game industry as well. It's extremely difficult in these businesses to please every single individual ... the best they can hope for is to get as large a following as possible and hope some more.

I guess it all depends on how important the creators think your personal opinion is, but seeing as they are out to make money and fanservice sells product ...
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
7 years ago#12
Because some people don't like girls that way?
The strawberry males of passion!

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
7 years ago#13
Because some people don't like girls that way?
The strawberry males of passion!

User Info: Megidolaon

Megidolaon
7 years ago#14
Bako Ikporamee posted...
who is tc?

Dunno, but the name makes me laugh.
Setebos, Setebos, and Setebos! 'Thinketh, He dwelleth i' the cold o' the moon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM

User Info: Mass_Carrier

Mass_Carrier
7 years ago#15
Mass_Carrier posted...
It's incredibly lazy, and every second the creators spent on creating fan service is a second they could have spent on something more interesting.

I'm not gonna spank my ochinchin to panty shots in non-hentai material, so it's just a giant waste of time for me anytime I'm forced to sit through stuff like that.

In my mind there are only two real exceptions where fan service adds to the quality, and those are Eiken, which goes far enough for me to enjoy it (even on a non-spanking basis), and Kangoku Gakuen, where the series wouldn't work without fan service, and the author is actually creative with it (and also doesn't only tease).

Lazy? But it's the exact opposite of that!

Animating costs money, time, resources like you said. Especially I it has really high quality.

So, assuming that the series itself is good, and fanservice is non essential...that means they devoted extra effort to giving you service to increase the enjoyment!

That's the opposite of lazy. That's them working hard and putting in more effort to please you.

Everything costs money, time and resources. When I say it's lazy, I mean it's a sign of creative bankruptcy. If you've seen one panty shot, you've basically seen them all. The same goes for cleavage or accidental groping. The creators are basically saying "this is the best we could come up with to fill time in this scene." There's never a case where fan service couldn't have been replaced by something more interesting. It's lowest common denominator garbage.
Probably not changing this sig until Sega announces a western release of Yakuza 5 - May 30 2013
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png

User Info: pectus_umbra

pectus_umbra
7 years ago#16
hooah posted...
the problem with fanservice is that there's a time and place for everything. Fanservice during extremely sad/important/dramatic moments is just silly.

Like that one recent FT chapter. It's hard to take a very dramatic moment seriously because half the page is breasts.

^This person gets it.

Fanservice is fine and all, but when it gets in the way of storytelling, it's a problem.
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.

User Info: Fatestaykitchen

Fatestaykitchen
7 years ago#17
Mass_Carrier posted...
Mass_Carrier posted...
It's incredibly lazy, and every second the creators spent on creating fan service is a second they could have spent on something more interesting.

I'm not gonna spank my ochinchin to panty shots in non-hentai material, so it's just a giant waste of time for me anytime I'm forced to sit through stuff like that.

In my mind there are only two real exceptions where fan service adds to the quality, and those are Eiken, which goes far enough for me to enjoy it (even on a non-spanking basis), and Kangoku Gakuen, where the series wouldn't work without fan service, and the author is actually creative with it (and also doesn't only tease).

Lazy? But it's the exact opposite of that!

Animating costs money, time, resources like you said. Especially I it has really high quality.

So, assuming that the series itself is good, and fanservice is non essential...that means they devoted extra effort to giving you service to increase the enjoyment!

That's the opposite of lazy. That's them working hard and putting in more effort to please you.

Everything costs money, time and resources. When I say it's lazy, I mean it's a sign of creative bankruptcy. If you've seen one panty shot, you've basically seen them all. The same goes for cleavage or accidental groping. The creators are basically saying "this is the best we could come up with to fill time in this scene." There's never a case where fan service couldn't have been replaced by something more interesting. It's lowest common denominator garbage.

But if the series is good otherwise, and then they enhance that with sexy girls, then it's only additive.

I mean if you're going to make something why not pack in all the good stuff you can?

Anime is a visual art too. Part of their work is crafting images. They're artists. I say they're almost obligated to show pleasing imagery.

In other words drawing sexy girls is a quintessential element of their artistic expression, not bankruptcy. It's part of the art.

But the problem seems to be more fundamental.

It's like you DON'T enjoy looking at sexy girls or something.

Like you don't see the intrinsic good of a hot sexy babe.

Like you're almost tired of looking at girls.

Like its a chore for you and you only want to see it when you're handling your happy place.

I can't understand that. I can't relate to that.

Maybe it's because I'm a hot girl enthusiast. I can't imagine a situation that can't be enhanced by being able to see a hot girls sexy body.

I can't imagine thinking. "I'd rather see something else right now."

I don't think we'll ever understand eachother

User Info: Fatestaykitchen

Fatestaykitchen
7 years ago#18
pectus_umbra posted...
hooah posted...
the problem with fanservice is that there's a time and place for everything. Fanservice during extremely sad/important/dramatic moments is just silly.

Like that one recent FT chapter. It's hard to take a very dramatic moment seriously because half the page is breasts.

^This person gets it.

Fanservice is fine and all, but when it gets in the way of storytelling, it's a problem.

But haven't really seen a whole lot of series that fails to tell its story and goes for fanservice instead.

Maybe bad adaptations. But those would be bad anyway because its an overall lazy effort. The fanservice is the only thing worth watching anyway.

I guess...sometimes it can be distracting and mood ruining....

User Info: smash fanatic

smash fanatic
7 years ago#19
Fatestaykitchen posted...
I don't know about you, but I happen to like looking at sexy girls no can't imagine not liking that and not enjoying that.

So there can't possibly be anything wrong with adding it to the show. It will always be a plus. It will always be good.

It's like a bonus prize. I swear, every time I see a panty shot I say "thank you" to the creators. Because they were thinking about me. It shows they're trying to make the show as enjoyable as possible for me.

Just started watching valvrave and it warmed my heart to see the naked bath scene. I felt happy from the bottom of my heart.

It's like when your girlfriend dresses up in a sexy outfit or gives you mouth-present.

I can't imagine not enjoying that, getting upset about it, ranting about it on a message board. I always think "what's wrong with those guys?"

Now, I admit that it can't carry a show...or at least it can't carry an interesting plot.

But I've seen people who really hate fanservice itself. I can only assume those people don't actually have souls.

where's this copypasta from?
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/dondon_zpsb7a5edc8.jpg

User Info: Young_Caesar

Young_Caesar
7 years ago#20
It boggles my mind that people are into this sort of thing. They're drawings. I guess different strokes and all that, but still...
Sirius taught me what true betrayal means.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. I don't get people who hate fanservice
  • Topic Archived