This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Gundam
  3. So it turns out Zeta Gundam's OP/ED are cover songs

User Info: SuperMan-Prime

SuperMan-Prime
4 years ago#1
Neil Sedaka's song "Better days are coming" was used as the base for the first opening http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bipWWEq26RU

And apparently the second OP was based on an unreleased track he composed by the title "For us to decide" And the Ending theme here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAf0YjuSdGw

This certainly explains all the copyright issues with the songs in most games and DVD releases.

User Info: Aznavour0079

Aznavour0079
4 years ago#2
Reminds me of Kazuki Yao's song on Dancougar being sued for copyright or something like that. Cant remember the title of that song..

User Info: StrikeFreedomV2

StrikeFreedomV2
4 years ago#3
To be honest, I think that Gundam OP's and ED's became good when ZZ came out. Anime janai might be not everyones taste, but Silent Voice was great.
This signature was created with the help of KYOJIIIIIIII !!!
3DS-Friend-Code: 4811-8090-0277 Marco

User Info: Nichtcrawler X

Nichtcrawler X
4 years ago#4
So this is why I always have to put up with that lame (in comparison) "Gundam Sortie" music for Z Gundam units in the recent SRW titles?
Official Teetotaller of PotD
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

User Info: shiro ashta

shiro ashta
4 years ago#5
I thought this was common knowledge among Gundam fans...
Currently playing: SRW Z3 Jigoku-hen, Dota2, Final Fantasy Type-0, Ys Origin

User Info: SuperMan-Prime

SuperMan-Prime
4 years ago#6
Nichtcrawler X posted...
So this is why I always have to put up with that lame (in comparison) "Gundam Sortie" music for Z Gundam units in the recent SRW titles?

To be fair, iirc the second Opening theme was the battle theme for the Powered up Zeta Gundam.... Back in Alpha Gaiden.

User Info: shiro ashta

shiro ashta
4 years ago#7
SRW Alpha Gaiden isn't recent though. It's more than a decade old.

SRW A for the GBA had it too. I think these are are the most recent SRWs that have it. If not, the only games to have it.
Currently playing: SRW Z3 Jigoku-hen, Dota2, Final Fantasy Type-0, Ys Origin, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

User Info: suchiuomizu

suchiuomizu
4 years ago#8
shiro ashta posted...
SRW Alpha Gaiden isn't recent though. It's more than a decade old.

SRW A for the GBA had it too. I think these are are the most recent SRWs that have it. If not, the only games to have it.

Alpha 1 had it too, but it only played when you fought Four.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Gundam
  3. So it turns out Zeta Gundam's OP/ED are cover songs
  • Topic Archived