This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Attack on Titan - 1/2: FINAL EPISODE - S4: Episode 16 - ODT 5/1/21 (Spoilers!)

User Info: Gigaraver

Gigaraver
1 month ago#141
No, the Liberio incident wasn't impulsiveness. But I don't believe for a moment it was Eren's acting out his plan. Pre-Liberio he was continually urged and informed by Zeke and Yelena, and potentially past memories. "Gotta do something now. Gotta do something now." Seems to be the mantra ingrained into Eren's head, and he simply followed through by forcing Paradise (...Paradiso? Para... I forgot the islands specific name. :P) to respond.

And yes he's fallen so far as to figurative and literally stamp his intentions to the entire world and not just Marley. But that's still Eren for ya. He's had four years to become that "monster that rises above other monsters." He was constantly pushed to shut out his feeling when situations were critical, so many times. And now it seems he's simply got as good at that as he is using his titan form.

I genuinely believe this Eren we're witnessing now is not a sudden personality shift but an inevitable result; take a foolish idealistic boy, give him great power, gradually break down his inhibitions, then give him direction that satisfies those ideals. Oh, and mix in a bit of mental scrambling.

Old Eren was a pansy who was all bark, little bite. New Eren is resolute and getting things done. It just happens he's resolved to be completely reprehensible in almost every possible way. Reprehensible, but not contrary to his younger self (e.g. I don't care how "necessary" or "good" it was, the fact is his battle against Annie cost lives).
Nintendo Switch FC - SW-1793-0112-3629
NNID - Hyperdon
(edited 1 month ago)
Hyena 20 posted...
No, they'll give it to Historia's child. The assumption is that Marley wouldn't attack them until they're old and weak, so even if the Will of the King DID reverse the sterilization, the Paradisians would be too old to bear enough healthy children at anything close to replacement levels, not to mention that Marley would strike them down before the children had a chance to grow into capable adults or teens.
No no, Eren dies in three years (if he is allowed to live that long). Historia would absolutely eat him first because her child would be an infant. And either way the point is moot: the King’s Will would activate as soon as the Founder returns to an Eldian of royal blood. As soon as that happens they would be able to reverse the sterilization. Eldians can’t have kids for a year or two, tops.

We already know that Eren wants to commit genocide against all non-Paradisians. He absolutely does want to fully activate The Rumbling. You're thinking of old Eren. The old Eren wouldn't have killed innocent Marleyans or eaten people-- least of all parents in front of their own children. The old Eren also wasn't cold and calculating. As I said, the Eren from all previous seasons would have kicked this season's Eren's ass so hard that even Levi and Annie would blush. Eren has become the very type of person that he absolutely hates and said in Season 1 needed to be cleansed from this world.
Let that sink in for a moment.

Sorry. When I put “almost certainly” in quotation marks I was trying to convey sarcasm. I might not have conveyed that well. Yeah, Eren absolutely plans to kill everyone who isn’t on Paradis. Anyone who knows Eren should see that coming. Zeke is kinda dumb for assuming Eren has come around to his way of thinking after a brief conversation.
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Now we're using a lot of dinosaur-based terminology right now which I like because I like dinosaurs."

User Info: De-

De-
1 month ago#143
During the Season 2 thread, when it's revealed silently that Reiner is a Titan shifter, I decried that we might want to hear his and his team's side of the story. And some of the people who participated in the ODTs countered that comment with "KILL HIM!".

Since then, we got their side of their story, and...boy, we are in a ripe mess of things with the series. And I say that in a good way.
But I could be wrong...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
1 month ago#144
De- posted...
During the Season 2 thread, when it's revealed silently that Reiner is a Titan shifter, I decried that we might want to hear his and his team's side of the story. And some of the people who participated in the ODTs countered that comment with "KILL HIM!".

Since then, we got their side of their story, and...boy, we are in a ripe mess of things with the series. And I say that in a good way.
Nah, still kill him, but more mercy kill him than revenge kill him.
There ain't nothing to get, you just gotta have that shine

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
1 month ago#145
And yes he's fallen so far as to figurative and literally stamp his intentions to the entire world and not just Marley. But that's still Eren for ya. He's had four years to become that "monster that rises above other monsters."

In the 2 year-ago flashback, he was still completely Eren. So the change came in merely the past 2 years.

But that's still Eren for ya.

No, it's not. The Eren from before only killed people that he perceived to be evil. He specifically stated right before his attack on Liberio that he realized that many of the Marleyans were good, ordinary people no different from the Paradisians, but that he was going to kill them, anyway.

He was constantly pushed to shut out his feeling when situations were critical, so many times. And now it seems he's simply got as good at that as he is using his titan form.

No more so than any other character in the show.

I genuinely believe this Eren we're witnessing now is not a sudden personality shift but an inevitable result

Strongly disagree. Eren had sociopathic tendencies back then, but again, he restricted them to evil and reprehensible people (example of the latter would be that merchant in season 1 with the wrecked cart who refused to let refugees pass through the gate)
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: De-

De-
1 month ago#146
qwertyMrJINX posted...
Nah, still kill him, but more mercy kill him than revenge kill him.

At this point, most if not all of the shifters wish for the sweet taste of death.

EDIT: On an semi-related question, if Annie crystalized herself, does it mean her Titan lifespan takes a pause?
But I could be wrong...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#147
https://i.imgur.com/xMbkEO6.png
http://i.imgur.com/VzFOdu2.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Attack on Titan - 1/2: FINAL EPISODE - S4: Episode 16 - ODT 5/1/21 (Spoilers!)
  • Post New Message