This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Attack on Titan - 1/2: FINAL EPISODE - S4: Episode 16 - ODT 5/1/21 (Spoilers!)

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
1 month ago#1
Grisha and Dina were awful, AWFUL parents.

Sixth Opening: "My War" by Shinsei Kamattechan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaI1pZtPh8

Sixth Ending: "Shock" by Yuko Ando.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dny1zaYxo1Y

Last time...

As Levi tortures a weak Zeke in the middle of nowhere, Zeke recalls his childhood when he was being taught by Grisha Jaeger and Dina Fritz that Eldians were seen as scum by Marleyans and how they were destined to liberate Eldians from oppression. However, to Grisha and Dina's dismay and growing hatred, Zeke's lack of good marks as a warrior candidate fell very short, putting a severe hole in their plans to revolutionize Marley. As Zeke began to lose the love for his parents and his nurturing as a chosen one began to fade, he found solace in the Beast Titan warrior by the name of Tom Xaver, who only became a warrior to research the Nine Titans. Then, after feeling so conflicted, by advice from Tom, Zeke decides to turn his parents to the authorities in big part due to seeing their son as a failure.

Years pass as Zeke and Tom grow closer as father and son, during which Tom's health deteriorates due to the curse. Tom discusses facts about the Founding Titan, to which Zeke then theorizes that the Founding Titan may have the power to sterilize Subjects of Ymir and kill them for good in about 100 years. Tom then breaks down in tears and reveals how his Marleyna wife found out about his Eldian heritage, which convinced her to slit their child's throat before killing herself, which led to Tom seeking to become a warrior as a way to escape from the shock. Zeke, however, wishes to rid the world of titans by becoming the Beast Titan and taking the Founder away from both Marley and Eldia to free his people from the titans and the world.

Later on, Tom reveals how to get around Karl Fritz's vow of renouncing war. If a Titan of royal blood comes into contact with the individual who possesses the Founding Titan, they will be able to draw out its power. However, Zeke would not be able to use the power himself. The decision would remain with the individual who possesses the Founder. Tom tells Zeke to think of himself as a key and to find an individual he would trust with the Founding Titan.

As years pass after Zeke takes the Beast Titan, he learned about Grisha's survival at Paradis Island and how he still went ahead and groomed Eren into being another savior, much to Zeke's dismay. Later on, when Eren had infiltrated Liberio as an injured war soldier, the two of them met together, where Eren reveals how Grisha killed the Reiss family so he could live and keep the Founder's power. He, however, disagrees with Grisha's plan, and accepts Zeke's plan to euthanize the Subjects of Ymir.

Back in the present, as Zeke continues to be tortured by Levi,as the former comments that killing Levi's squad only spared their descendants from the cruelty of the world. Then, without warning, Zeke yells Tom's name and jerks his body hard to detonate the Thunder Spear, blowing Levi away and tearing himself in two...

FINAL EPISODE (of first half). Season 4, Episode 16 (of 75 total): Above and Below
"Mrgrgr!" - Edea Lee

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
1 month ago#2
Second half is set to air around January of next year. For now, AoT reruns will take over Demon Slayer's reruns next weekend.

In AoT's place, My Hero Academia Season 5 premieres on Toonami (although there are dubbed episodes on Funimation).
"Mrgrgr!" - Edea Lee

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
1 month ago#3
I'll skip the AOT Rerun slot next week....think it's a bit too soon to rerun part 1 of Final season

Booping In The Scoop

User Info: De-

De-
1 month ago#4
Caught up with the next six episodes, leading up to this.

Diplomacy. Dissaray. Doubt. And deranged dialogue from Hange (seriously, her opening dialogue in Ep.10 was straight-up Shyamalan writing).

Even before I was watching those following episodes, it clicked on me at first that Zeke was on his last leg of his cycle, just as he was happening to betray Marley, and Yelena has a hard-on for Zeke. At first, I was thinking, "that magnificent bastard. He baited Eren, and put Paradis into infighting to clean it all up in one shot".

But the last couple episodes, I'm not quite sure of his allegiance. Not that it matters. If I understand it, Eren apparently wants Eldians out of existence while Zeke wants to euthanize Eldians. So it's either genocide now, or genocide later. Those are the only options to save the world, and the people who are fighting for their lives in Paradis have no say in it. This is pretty f***ed up, and I wonder about the "time travel" method of memory manipulation when it comes to how the damn Founding ability works. If Eldians don't exist---or optly, simply not give that race Titan powers to begin with--, Marley and other civilizations would just find some other marginalized society to go about their means of control; it's foolish to think non-existance would really make the world better; it'll just go sideways. Heck, if Ymir's origins says anything, it's not like the Eldians STARTED the rampage.

That is, if we believe Eren believes in what he says and follows so far. If being a villain is his own way to save his kind, then I'm curious of his results. It all looks like it's going so very south, and we're only halfway there.

BTW, maybe it's always been the case with the series, but everyone's emotions go from 0-100 so damn fast. And the weird pencil shading makes everyone looks on edge, even when they don't mean to be. Can't help but laugh.
But I could be wrong...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#5
i am just curious... how long until this all comes to an end?

after seeing the eren/mikasa ship sink, i kinda just wanna watch everyone die.

that includes both eren and mikasa, because neither of them have a reason to exist, now.
Mortal lives are a litany of despair and treachery, only wrath can see you through the darkest days.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#6
Hey Gabi!

Yes you!

f*** YOOOOU!!!
http://i.imgur.com/VnuQJDp.jpg

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#7
Let's go!
https://i.imgur.com/cKtlBCY.png

User Info: dotsdfe

dotsdfe
1 month ago#8
Finale-ish hype.
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.

User Info: DRCEQ

DRCEQ
1 month ago#9
Oh ****, that thunder spear really ****ed Zeke up.

User Info: dotsdfe

dotsdfe
1 month ago#10
Uh...

What?
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Attack on Titan - 1/2: FINAL EPISODE - S4: Episode 16 - ODT 5/1/21 (Spoilers!)
  • Post New Message