This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Attack on Titan - S4: Episode 12 - ODT 4/3/21 (Spoilers!)

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
2 months ago#81
NightMareBunny posted...

i was unaware people were already going back to family gatherings in droves like pre-pandemic days

you know theres a f***ing vaccine now, right?
FYI: My @mentions are turned OFF #BLM
RIP Neil Peart (September 12,1952 - January 7, 2020)

User Info: James xeno

James xeno
2 months ago#82
Hyena 20 posted...

Eren and his backup didn't sneak into Marley unnoticed. The Marleyan leadership knew from the beginning and allowed it to happen (including Eren's secret communications with the Scouts and the attack by the scouts) so that they could unite the world against the Paridisians. It's basically comparable to the "Bush allowed 9/11 to happen" conspiracy theory.

I think it was more of a case of some of them knowing/suspecting but not being able to do much about it. Only one or two people likely knew the full truth. Or the F.D.Roosevelt Pearl Harbor conspiracy theories. Though comparing this to those conspiracy theories gives them too much credit/validity I think.
http://imgur.com/a/s2O4b
Koto and Juri and Ruka oh my!

User Info: StrikeEdge105

StrikeEdge105
2 months ago#83
CrimsonGear80 posted...
you know theres a f***ing vaccine now, right?
Vaccines aren't foolproof, and they aren't really cures. They're designed to help your body to recognize and learn to fight the virus without your body suffering any lasting harm. You still have a chance to catch it, but you probably won't be hit nearly as hard by its effects than if you weren't vaccinated.

Plus, there's now reports of virus mutations that the current vaccines are ineffective against, so yeah
Main PSN: joeyb184
JPN PSN: StrikeNoirEdge

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
2 months ago#84
StrikeEdge105 posted...

Vaccines aren't foolproof, and they aren't really cures. They're designed to help your body to recognize and learn to fight the virus without your body suffering any lasting harm. You still have a chance to catch it, but you probably won't be hit nearly as hard by its effects than if you weren't vaccinated.

Plus, there's now reports of virus mutations that the current vaccines are ineffective against, so yeah

There are no mutations proven to defeat the vaccines. Quit fear-mongering.

You all have to accept that soon you’ll have no excuses to stay shut-ins, lol.
FYI: My @mentions are turned OFF #BLM
RIP Neil Peart (September 12,1952 - January 7, 2020)

User Info: TheLoneCub

TheLoneCub
2 months ago#85
CrimsonGear80 posted...

The vaccine doesn't prevent infection from all the variants of the virus or so they say. There have already been cases of vaccinated people getting infected with it well after the immunity kicks in.
http://i.imgur.com/gO8Xiot.jpg

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
2 months ago#86
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Geez, talk about being aggressive.
"Mrgrgr!" - Edea Lee

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
2 months ago#87
The vaccine doesn't prevent infection from all the variants of the virus or so they say. There have already been cases of vaccinated people getting infected with it well after the immunity kicks in.

Okay:
1. They're talking about variations of coronavirus, not COVID19 mutations
2. The vaccine is only 88 to 94% effective, depending on which one you take. No vaccine is 100% effective at preventing disease. In fact, 94% is pretty middle-of-the-line as far as vaccine effectiveness goes, though the common, all-demographics vaccines can range anywhere from 91 to 99% effectiveness depending on the vaccine in question (demographic-specific vaccines such as Haemophilus, Pneumococcus, and Shingles are typically far less effective, as is the flu vaccine.)
3. COVID is exponentially more contagious than nearly any other vaccinatable disease. It's 4.8x more contagious than the flu, and slightly more contagious than the common cold (rhinovirus)
4. Also bear in mind that the actual protection conferred to groups with weak immune systems (the immunocompromised, the elderly, small children) is generally a lot lower than what is listed. And most breakthrough cases are still milder than what those people would get without vaccination.
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: TheLoneCub

TheLoneCub
2 months ago#88
Hyena 20 posted...
Okay:
1. They're talking about variations of coronavirus, not COVID19 mutations
2. The vaccine is only 88 to 94% effective, depending on which one you take. No vaccine is 100% effective at preventing disease. In fact, 94% is pretty middle-of-the-line as far as vaccine effectiveness goes, though the common, all-demographics vaccines can range anywhere from 91 to 99% effectiveness depending on the vaccine in question (demographic-specific vaccines such as Haemophilus, Pneumococcus, and Shingles are typically far less effective, as is the flu vaccine.)
3. COVID is exponentially more contagious than nearly any other vaccinatable disease. It's 4.8x more contagious than the flu, and slightly more contagious than the common cold (rhinovirus)
4. Also bear in mind that the actual protection conferred to groups with weak immune systems (the immunocompromised, the elderly, small children) is generally a lot lower than what is listed. And most breakthrough cases are still milder than what those people would get without vaccination.
In my defense I couldn't read the tone of that seemingly aggressive first post lol

Points 1,2,4 I am aware. People often interchange variants with mutation. Coronavirus is a family of viruses but I did not think they were talking about the family unless I misread the post. Didn't know the number was 4.8x if you had asked me before I would have thought it was higher back when it was new and was being compared to Spanish Flu
http://i.imgur.com/gO8Xiot.jpg

User Info: TheRealDill2000

TheRealDill2000
2 months ago#89
Hyena 20 posted...
At least half the nation ignores the mandates

FTFY
CE's source of sage-ly advice. Reformed user.
Not changing this signature until the Buffalo Bills win the 2021 Super Bowl
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Attack on Titan - S4: Episode 12 - ODT 4/3/21 (Spoilers!)
  • Post New Message