This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Dragon Ball Super ODT for 4/6/19 (Episode 105) *spoilers*
(message deleted)

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
2 years ago#172
The problem is that yu think just because Goku & Vegeta can fodderize Roshi, then every fighter introduced must be able to. Sure in universe 7, Roshi is weak, but they are fighting other universes with their own versions of top level strength. You are a straight up fool if you thought this was gonna be a tourney full of nothing but Toppo level monsters, and the episodes prior warned you that this tourney is gonna be more than whoever has the most muscles or raw strength. Sounds to me like you just want to reduce this franchise to a caricature of its dbz days, we got we that with GT: the fanbase said nope, we got that with AF, the fanbase said hell no. This is tourney of warriors of various levels of strength who are do more than just punch and scream until their muscles burst, you need tactics as well. You are gonna implode when the animate the current manga arc, because Vegeta & Goku get totally thrashed for thinking they can just punch and power their way through the current villain. DBS is a series that embraces both its roots, both db & dbz.

Deal with it.
3DS FC: 4399-0076-4217

User Info: Scrappy-Doo

Scrappy-Doo
2 years ago#173
That's completely different. He was powering up by draining the energy of everything around including Goku and Vegeta's power which of course was weakening them at the same time. And he wasn't a weakling to begin with.

He's basically like Android #19 or Yakon without the limitation on how much energy he can absorb.

Then there's his line about how their power is nothing compared to what he had in his youth (so we can expect him to eventually reach that form later on).
"Ta dadada ta daaa! Puppy Power!"

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
2 years ago#174
He was steal in a weak enough state. Goku & Vegeta got out smarted, plain an simple.DBS villains are not gonna be the types you can just chuck a spirit bomb at and call it a day. This isn't DBZ anymore. It isn't completely different, its you goalpost moving. Either way, the anime already gave enough hints that this tourney wasn't gonna be a battle of bodybuilders.
3DS FC: 4399-0076-4217

User Info: Edgeknight

Edgeknight
2 years ago#175
Umitencho posted...
The problem is that yu think just because Goku & Vegeta can fodderize Roshi, then every fighter introduced must be able to. Sure in universe 7, Roshi is weak, but they are fighting other universes with their own versions of top level strength. You are a straight up fool if you thought this was gonna be a tourney full of nothing but Toppo level monsters, and the episodes prior warned you that this tourney is gonna be more than whoever has the most muscles or raw strength. Sounds to me like you just want to reduce this franchise to a caricature of its dbz days,

That is exactly what some people want if all the whining and odes to their power tier charts are any indication. Super getting away from strict raw power stuff that DBZ got too caught up in is the only thing that makes it watchable.
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch

User Info: Scrappy-Doo

Scrappy-Doo
2 years ago#176
The thing is that the difference in power was to the point where a fighter can literally stand still and the weaker fighter can punch them in the eye with all their strength and nothing would happen. And that gap just grew even wider over the years/decades.

What can "skill" do against that? You can't even use the terrain because the fighters have long surpassed that (lava hasn't been deadly for a long long time).
"Ta dadada ta daaa! Puppy Power!"

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
2 years ago#177
Heh, they would not just punch them and nothing would happen their arm would be hurt from attacking a stronger fighter lol.

I mean you say its all about tactics when the biggest threat in the TOP is Jiren...who's only skill is just that he's just strong enough to one shot everyone but is to lazy to just clean house.

And your not getting it, I'm not for Goku and Vegeta just one shot everything, in fact I would VASTLY prefer Gohan, Piccilo, Buu and the boys to step up to make it not just the Goku and Vegeta show that Super's becoming.

But I also don't want it to be like freaking Fairy Tail where logic is just thrown out the window.

Again, even if it was a hand wave wish by the Super Dragon Balls to everyone being on par with God form that would be better then it just being legit lazy writing.

Because it being lazy writing is just the same level where Kid Goku owned everyone in GT just because, its just lazy and cheapens everything or are you saying that like GT Kid Goku randomly winning battles he should not just because, Roshi or 17 just randomly being whatever power level is not a plot hole or lazy writing?

And its laughable to say the series is about tactics now when in the movie Neo Brolly in one fight surpasses everyone but Jiren as a threat just because," Lol he is just born with bottomless power out of no where and Whis never noticed even if it meant Beerus would have wanted to fight him all along."

User Info: finalfantasy94

finalfantasy94
2 years ago#178
Umitencho posted...
The problem is that yu think just because Goku & Vegeta can fodderize Roshi, then every fighter introduced must be able to. Sure in universe 7, Roshi is weak, but they are fighting other universes with their own versions of top level strength. You are a straight up fool if you thought this was gonna be a tourney full of nothing but Toppo level monsters, and the episodes prior warned you that this tourney is gonna be more than whoever has the most muscles or raw strength. Sounds to me like you just want to reduce this franchise to a caricature of its dbz days, we got we that with GT: the fanbase said nope, we got that with AF, the fanbase said hell no. This is tourney of warriors of various levels of strength who are do more than just punch and scream until their muscles burst, you need tactics as well. You are gonna implode when the animate the current manga arc, because Vegeta & Goku get totally thrashed for thinking they can just punch and power their way through the current villain. DBS is a series that embraces both its roots, both db & dbz.

Deal with it.

If it's trying to embrace both it's doing pretty bad. Espcially with all the s*** that has been done and is coming up.
got reviews and more at In My Opinion:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHPzU5Zjg2mAoYpeQgMtUw
Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/souledge94/videos/all

User Info: finalfantasy94

finalfantasy94
2 years ago#179
Edgeknight posted...
Umitencho posted...
The problem is that yu think just because Goku & Vegeta can fodderize Roshi, then every fighter introduced must be able to. Sure in universe 7, Roshi is weak, but they are fighting other universes with their own versions of top level strength. You are a straight up fool if you thought this was gonna be a tourney full of nothing but Toppo level monsters, and the episodes prior warned you that this tourney is gonna be more than whoever has the most muscles or raw strength. Sounds to me like you just want to reduce this franchise to a caricature of its dbz days,

That is exactly what some people want if all the whining and odes to their power tier charts are any indication. Super getting away from strict raw power stuff that DBZ got too caught up in is the only thing that makes it watchable.

Super s*** is more screwed up with tingle backs,turning ss2 in a blink of an eye and 17 becoming ssgb level of powerful out of thin air.
got reviews and more at In My Opinion:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHPzU5Zjg2mAoYpeQgMtUw
Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/souledge94/videos/all

User Info: Red XlV

Red XlV
2 years ago#180
Necronmon posted...
Because it being lazy writing is just the same level where Kid Goku owned everyone in GT just because, its just lazy and cheapens everything or are you saying that like GT Kid Goku randomly winning battles he should not just because, Roshi or 17 just randomly being whatever power level is not a plot hole or lazy writing?

I mean they should've at least handwaved 17 and 18 being stronger now by saying Bulma upgraded their cybernetics for the tournament.
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida) on the Bush administration
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Dragon Ball Super ODT for 4/6/19 (Episode 105) *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived