This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Dragon Ball Super ODT for 4/6/19 (Episode 105) *spoilers*

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
2 years ago#161
AuraChannelerCh posted...
Really. It's been a MINUTE this time?

it's like HXH Mixed with One Piece Pacing
Booping In The Scoop

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
2 years ago#162
DrunkMonkGar posted...
Umitencho posted...
DrunkMonkGar posted...
finalfantasy94 posted...
asiacatdogblue posted...
Necronmon posted...
Because Zeno is showing he REALLY only sees all life as a game to amused him, rules are for suckers, even though its suppose to matter.

Zeno really is a totally horrible deity, there is no justice if he is not destroyed by the true end of super.

Something is seriously wrong about the whole thing, Zeno can't even see the God's of Destruction fight in the manga so he made mortals fight so he can see, while GP does EVERYTHING about the legit ruling.

Its like, even the Soul King in Bleach was more of a ruler.

Gods are never nice.

basically this. Read up on the stories off the greek gods like zeus.

Even the Greek gods had Hesta, Demeter and Hades. A lot of gods are awful, but there are some that are truly benevolent.

Hades was not nice, kidnapping and forcibly marrying his niece. And Demeter isn't exactly innocent for cheating with Zeus.

Zeus was the one who kidnapped her, and Hades warned her about the food. I don't recall any myths of Demeter f***ing Zeus, but that hardly makes someone evil, especially with Olympus being a snake mating ball.

Persephone, the one Hades kidnapped was Demeter's & Zeus's child. Just because Zeus is a horndog, doesn't make it right when he is a married man/male god. I don't know what what version you are reading but most stories about Persephone have her kidnapped by Hades & tricked her into eating the pomegranate.

Among the top Greek Gods, Hestia would count as the one who isn't vengeful, cheating or raping, or being an ass.
3DS FC: 4399-0076-4217

User Info: Pirateking2000

Pirateking2000
2 years ago#163
DrunkMonkGar posted...
Umitencho posted...
DrunkMonkGar posted...
finalfantasy94 posted...
asiacatdogblue posted...
Necronmon posted...
Because Zeno is showing he REALLY only sees all life as a game to amused him, rules are for suckers, even though its suppose to matter.

Zeno really is a totally horrible deity, there is no justice if he is not destroyed by the true end of super.

Something is seriously wrong about the whole thing, Zeno can't even see the God's of Destruction fight in the manga so he made mortals fight so he can see, while GP does EVERYTHING about the legit ruling.

Gods are never nice.

Even the Greek gods had Hesta, Demeter and Hades. A lot of gods are awful, but there are some that are truly benevolent.

Hades was not nice, kidnapping and forcibly marrying his niece. And Demeter isn't exactly innocent for cheating with Zeus.

Zeus was the one who kidnapped her, and Hades warned her about the food. I don't recall any myths of Demeter f***ing Zeus, but that hardly makes someone evil, especially with Olympus being a snake mating ball.

Hades was one of those pretty fair gods and only f***ed with you if you tried to f*** with him first. He was pretty straightforward with people. I also believe the when it came to Persephone, versions of it is that Persephone's actually willingly went along with Hades to get away from her overbearing mother.
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
2 years ago#164
NightMareBunny posted...

Nah. In OP's case, it extends the world.
"Mrgrgr!" - Edea Lee

User Info: DrunkMonkGar

DrunkMonkGar
2 years ago#165
Pirateking2000 posted...
DrunkMonkGar posted...
Umitencho posted...
DrunkMonkGar posted...
finalfantasy94 posted...
asiacatdogblue posted...
Necronmon posted...

Gods are never nice.

Hades was one of those pretty fair gods and only f***ed with you if you tried to f*** with him first. He was pretty straightforward with people. I also believe the when it came to Persephone, versions of it is that Persephone's actually willingly went along with Hades to get away from her overbearing mother.

The version I read had Hades complaining to Zeus about being alone and asked for a wife. Zeus said 'take this girl' without bothering to ask Persephone or Demeter. After Hades finds out she was unwilling he tells her to hang tight while he gets someone to take her back and warns her not to eat the food and why. She gets super hungry and figures a few pom' seeds would be fine. The rules of the underworld are rock solid or else the dead will overrun the Earth, so he can only swing letting her leave for 6 months a year.
In Har Ganeth you spare your foes and kill your friends, what do I do when I meet Sethra Veyl? Offer to burn his house down?-Malus Darkblade

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
2 years ago#166
Either way Hades is def not on that list of good or indifferent gods. You don't kidnap(from the versions I read) your double niece and trick her into a relationship by using another dimension's rules on food. Zeus is also a bigger dick for letting him near her in the first place. One thing the Greek pantheon has is plenty of goddesses who are noted for or connected to beauty.

My source says he secretly gave her the food and didn't "warn" her.

I am using Homeric Hymn to Demeter as my source of the myth.

When he said this, wise Persephone was filled with joy and hastily sprang up for gladness. But he on his part secretly gave her sweet pomegranate seed to eat, taking care for himself that she might not remain continually with grave, dark-robed Demeter.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0138%3Ahymn%3D2%3Acard%3D1

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0138%3Ahymn%3D2%3Acard%3D347
3DS FC: 4399-0076-4217

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
2 years ago#167
NightMareBunny posted...

Nah. In OP's case, it extends the world.

still though most of the time the episode's description doesn't even come into play until the episode's almost over
Booping In The Scoop

User Info: Edgeknight

Edgeknight
2 years ago#168
Are people still throwing tantrums over the rest of the cast getting a chance to shine this far in

How attached to POWER LEBELS theories do you have to be to b**** this much about other characters finally having some relevency after a whole middle series of muh monkey people
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch

User Info: Scrappy-Doo

Scrappy-Doo
2 years ago#169
What "theories"? It's a flat out fact that at some point characters encounter others so much stronger that they can never injure them no matter what they do. And those character encounter others they can't injure no matter what. And then the same thing happens again and again so many dozens times to the point that long ago the original character is like an insect compared to current characters... and then it keeps happening some more dozens of times.
"Ta dadada ta daaa! Puppy Power!"

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
2 years ago#170
Also, what made Dragon Ball Z so famous was how epicly powerful Goku and the Z Fighters were, that they truly had reached the power of gods for hardcore battles.

Yes, the Buu saga already cheapened things with easy Super Sayian power ups but this is even worst because there is NO reason at all, its just laziness.

In this battle royal everyone's in theory, or at least the top ones are suppose to be universal busters.

Remember how Goku's debut with God form the clash with Beerus was enough to unravel existence?

But somehow even though Goku's had stronger forms he just has felt weaker most of the time with Blue.

The majority of these fighters don't feel like they would even be as strong as Zarbon unless we keep hearing that they are the strongest of their universe.

And since the likes of Roshi and 17 are now just randomly that level because of laziness, its destroyed any sense of progression and now it just feels like nothing really changes.

Thus Dragon Ball lost a lot of that epic feel that even GT managed to do better at, and now it just feels like its bumbling around from one thing to another, a endless list of foes for Goku to bash with no real threat since Beerus is always looming around, since Whis legit cleaned up Goku's mess.

If Goku surpass's Beerus that would be one thing but the show seems like at least for now it just wants to make a never ending gag, which is growing stale.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Toonami
  3. Dragon Ball Super ODT for 4/6/19 (Episode 105) *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived