• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Who decided to call it PUI over MUI? Both suck
UraRenge2005 1 month ago#11
AzurexNightmare posted...
It is but how is him "perfecting" it any better than "mastering" it?

It is but how is him "perfecting" it any better than "mastering" it?

The first issue is that "Mastered" Ultra Instinct was never a f***ing thing. People have been saying "There's only Ultra Instinct and Ultra Instinct Omen/Sign." For f***ing years. MUI was a stupid fan term that somehow stuck, even when the first time people used it, other people said to stop it. All the way back to day one, myself included. I've been very careful to use the correct terms since either of the first two forms of Ultra Instinct were introduced and no, it wasn't a hinderance or "harder" to use the correct terms. I just called the UI or UIOmen.

Part of the reason I was so specific and combative about the term "MUI", was because I knew something in the future would cause trouble. TADAH here we are.
*shrug
(message deleted)
WhatChuLookinFo 1 month ago#13
Peak2 posted...
Wasn't it originally "Completed Ultra instinct"? It makes more sense in granolah, seeing how Goku didn't perfect it at all.

Out of all the terms complete UI/CUI makes the most sense, but like SSJPurple said sign/Omen and UI is fine.
http://imgur.com/a/U4ne8
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPnug8JKwYq4S4M/giphy.gif
WhatChuLookinFo 1 month ago#14
UraRenge2005 posted...
The first issue is that "Mastered" Ultra Instinct was never a f***ing thing. People have been saying "There's only Ultra Instinct and Ultra Instinct Omen/Sign." For f***ing years. MUI was a stupid fan term that somehow stuck, even when the first time people used it, other people said to stop it. All the way back to day one, myself included. I've been very careful to use the correct terms since either of the first two forms of Ultra Instinct were introduced and no, it wasn't a hinderance or "harder" to use the correct terms. I just called the UI or UIOmen.

Part of the reason I was so specific and combative about the term "MUI", was because I knew something in the future would cause trouble. TADAH here we are.

Same, I've been fighting against PUI/MUI too, always going for UIO/UI/CUI.
http://imgur.com/a/U4ne8
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPnug8JKwYq4S4M/giphy.gif
Brolypotence 1 month ago#15
WhatChuLookinFo posted...
Same, I've been fighting against PUI/MUI too, always going for UIO/UI/CUI.
every time I see some kid type those words I cringe inside

like when tf did Goku master UI? did I miss an episode/panel?
UE feels more and more like the transformation was something Toyo cooked up in 5 min to not make Vegeta feel behind in the transformation arms race with Goku.
LadyxKiller 1 month ago#16
UraRenge2005 posted...

Right, and what I'm getting at is that a new term is here: "PUI" which is just as stupid and fixed nothing.
Latest Game Completed 100%
Resident Evil VII
thedarklordx3 1 month ago#17
Brolypotence posted...
every time I see some kid type those words I cringe inside

like when tf did Goku master UI? did I miss an episode/panel?

DBS Episode 129:

“Limits Super Surpassed! Ultra Instinct Mastered!!”

"A Transcendent Limit Break! Autonomous Ultra Instinct Mastered!"
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE
Fwahm 1 month ago#18
Right, and what I'm getting at is that a new term is here: "PUI" which is just as stupid and fixed nothing.
PUI comes from chapter 73 when Goku called it that.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/5/9/5/AALDQtAACpFz.jpg
Brolypotence 1 month ago#19
thedarklordx3 posted...
DBS Episode 129:

“Limits Super Surpassed! Ultra Instinct Mastered!!”

"A Transcendent Limit Break! Autonomous Ultra Instinct Mastered!"
that must be why "Mastered" UI Goku almost f***ing died using his "Mastered" technique
UE feels more and more like the transformation was something Toyo cooked up in 5 min to not make Vegeta feel behind in the transformation arms race with Goku.
Electrokinesis 1 month ago#20
Both Whis and Goku have referred to the silver form as Perfected Ultra Instinct. If the narrative changes that terminology, so will I. Until then, well, hopefully your apparent revulsion at these terms doesn't choke you.
And you can't even sleep at night, and you literally curse each day
You could give or give back your life anyway
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Who decided to call it PUI over MUI? Both suck
  • Topic Archived