• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. All of Gohan's Ki in the Genkidama was not enough to kill Boo
Scotty_Rogers 1 month ago#91
Rise_of_Anima posted...
2. Who says Gotenks wouldn't be able to donate? It's just a question of whether or not it would stack the fusion multiplier on top of Goten and Trunks' latent energies, rendering the act of fusing pointless since you're still not getting anything more than Gotens latent powers plus Trunks' latent powers. You know what stack means, don't you?

There's no reason why it wouldn't stack. Fusion multiplies all of their powers together.

Rise_of_Anima posted...
And who made up this rule?

Unless the story actually says it doesn't stack, it's just your head canon.
Da GOAT Fam 2022
ssgvegeto 1 month ago#92
What's this nonsense about Gohan being healed from his injuries against Super Buutenks when he was resurrected? Would've been very handy for Vegeta if he got that special treatment fighting Kid Buu instead of remaining depleted and injured... rather that or Vegeta moronically thinks a rematch against Kid Buu without going SSJ2 is somehow 'smart'.

And if the excuse for why Goten and Trunks didn't choose to multiply their ki by the Super Saiyan boost or fuse into SSJ3 Gotenks before donating to the 'Ki'-Dama is because they were stamina-depleted... again, why did Porunga give Gohan the special VIP stamina spa-treatment?...
https://imgur.com/gtjHMvJ
Scotty_Rogers 1 month ago#93
Dende healed Gohan before he was absorbed. Bootenks hit Gohan with a Kiai, but it didn't damage him much. And Boo would obviously heal his victims when he absorbs them, so he can use all of their power.
Da GOAT Fam 2022
Rise_of_Anima 1 month ago#94
Scotty_Rogers posted...
There's no reason why it wouldn't stack. Fusion multiplies all of their powers together.
Looks like an assumption to me.

Unless the story actually says it doesn't stack, it's just your head canon.
Unless the story says it stacks, its just your headcanon.
ssgvegeto 1 month ago#95
Scotty_Rogers posted...
but it didn't damage him
Headcanon. We know Gohan certainly didn't look fresh at the time.

Scotty_Rogers posted...
And Boo would obviously heal his victims when he absorbs them
Headcanon. Cite where it was stated Buu could and did heal anyone inside of himself. And if he has such control, why keep the kids in their base form instead of "healing" them and making them go SSJ as absorptions?

And so the Spirit Bomb allegedly works some secret magic that can extract SSJ3 Gotenks/SSJ Goten + SSJ Trunks level ki from Base Goten and Base Trunks but Buu, who is actually magical, apparently can't do squat and needs them to be in said state at full healed power in order to access that much?... yeah, ok, lol sure.
Scotty_Rogers 1 month ago#96
Rise_of_Anima posted...

It's not an assumption when the story explicitly says fusion multiplies your powers together.

You believe the Genkidama takes battle power. Gotenks has higher battle power than Goten and Trunks, yet for some reason you think he can't donate more than they can.

ssgvegeto posted...
Headcanon. We know Gohan certainly didn't look fresh at the time.

I said he wasn't that damaged, which he wasn't. One Kiai isn't bringing him to death's door. If he was significantly hurt, and Boo didn't heal him, then Boohan wouldn't have been much stronger than the regular Super Boo. He was fresh in Boo's body.

ssgvegeto posted...
Cite where it was stated Buu could and did heal anyone inside of himself.

Gohan before being absorbed is ragged up.
Gohan after is clean.

And so the Spirit Bomb allegedly works some secret magic that can extract SSJ3 Gotenks/SSJ Goten + SSJ Trunks level ki from Base Goten and Base Trunks but Buu, who is actually magical, apparently can't do squat and needs them to be in said state at full healed power in order to access that much?... yeah, ok, lol sure.

Not my argument.
Da GOAT Fam 2022
mad_hax_man 1 month ago#97
Rise_of_Anima posted...

And who made up this rule? You? I personally have no problem with the story as its presented. Then again, I'm not the one suddenly trying to dissect and discredit the entire last battle of the Dragonball manga because the narrative I supported falls apart at that point in the story. Whoops.

Sit down, child.

First, just chill dude. This is an anime aimed for children. This is like, my first post in this topic. Just chill.

Secondly, its almost tautological. The story gives us the information it gives us. Everything else is, as you would call it "theory crafting"

It would be one thing is if DB had a very concrete and consistent cosmology and both spirit bomb and fusion where well explained on a mechanic level, but thats not the case. DB is very loosely written with almost everything, like consistency are subservient to in the moment tensions.

"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
superman 2000 1 month ago#98
Rise_of_Anima posted...

That's not how storytelling works. You're the one positing that Gotenks wouldn't be able to donate more than Goten & Trunks, despite that the story makes no such suggestion; the onus is on YOU to prove it.

"Goku rolls around in freshly fermented pig poop every other Tuesday between 2 & 2:34 AM. Oh, think I'm wrong? Well the burden of proof is on you, buddy!"

That's how silly and ignorant you sound.
I don't hold grudges. Let's vehemently argue today and casually have a beer together tomorrow.
ssgvegeto 1 month ago#99
Scotty_Rogers posted...
I said he wasn't that damaged
Still a headcanon to jump the gun to say Gohan wasn't substantially weakened.

One Kiai isn't bringing him to death's door.
Death door and being substantailly weakened are completely different...

Kiai's aren't automatically weak. Tien produced a Kiai strong enough to cancel out Cyborg Tao's Super Dodon Ray. Buutenks was give or take twice as strong Gohan and Gohan took the surprise Kiai head-on...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/1/9/5/AAdhWsAACo_j.jpg

Frieza using not even three-quarters of his full power was able to send SSJ Goku flying into the ocean with a kiai.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/1/9/6/AAdhWsAACo_k.jpg

then Boohan wouldn't have been much stronger than the regular Super Boo
Yes he would've... You're confusing Gohan being weakened with Gohan being at like 1% power...

Gohan after is clean.
Cleaner, not clean. He still looked roughed up and he doesn't need to look like he's on death's door to be substantially weakened from taking a head-on blast from Buutenks.

MUIGogito 1 month ago#100
ssgvegeto posted...
Buutenks was give or take twice as strong Gohan and Gohan took the surprise Kiai head-on...
Buutenks wasn’t anywhere near twice as strong as Gohan.

That’s like saying that Super Buu + SS3 Gotenks = Ultimate Gohan + Ultimate Gohan…
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. All of Gohan's Ki in the Genkidama was not enough to kill Boo
  • Topic Archived