• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Bulma should marry Goku, Chichi should marry Vegeta
OmniAlgusX 1 month ago#1
Just based on personalities and histories. Bulma is much more entwined with Goku than Chichi. Goku saved Bulma multiple times. He is the main character and in a show called "Dragonball" deserves to marry another character that first found said dragonballs. Wtf did Chichi's b**** ass ever do? Plus Vegeta and Chichi deserve each other. Miserable, hateful people attract.

I'm just looking out for Goku's best interest. Only the best for Son Goku.
Final proof that Buu makes people delusional: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000113-dragon-ball-general/79026206
DBZAOTA482 1 month ago#2
No.
I'm not a victim.
lilhurk1985187 1 month ago#3
Agreed. That is how it should have been
When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then it has
become a society that's not worth saving.
ReoSama 1 month ago#4
Probably because Toriyama wanted to make a girl especially for Goku.

Goku is based of off Chinese folk tales and Chichi is obviously based on a typical Chinese woman from the countryside from long ago.

In the story we see Bulma as a Japanese woman that comes from "civilization" and Chinese people in Toriyama's mind live in the mountains and are uneducated farmers and martial artists living in the woods.

Oolong is most likely a joke about the People's liberation army and the communist party in general as in his first appearances he was dressed in military clothes. Communist-pig...get it?.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/7/8/1/AAe_JxAACm8F.jpg
Butthead24 1 month ago#5
ReoSama posted...
Probably because Toriyama wanted to make a girl especially for Goku.

Goku is based of off Chinese folk tales and Chichi is obviously based on a typical Chinese woman from the countryside from long ago.

In the story we see Bulma as a Japanese woman that comes from "civilization" and Chinese people in Toriyama's mind live in the mountains and are uneducated farmers and martial artists living in the woods.

Oolong is most likely a joke about the People's liberation army and the communist party in general as in his first appearances he was dressed in military clothes. Communist-pig...get it?.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/7/8/1/AAe_JxAACm8F.jpg
That actually makes a lot sense.
"Samuel Johnson is right about Olson Johnson's being right." - Howard Johnson
DBZAOTA482 1 month ago#6
Bulma hated it when Yamcha would leave for years on end to train somewhere. I don't think she would put up with Goku doing the same.

According to the DBS Manga, Vegeta has to ask if he can go train with Whis.

Goku can pretty much do whatever he wants as long as the family's eating.
I'm not a victim.
kozodoyev 1 month ago#7
I agree I would've liked Bulma and Goku better, also Vegeta never really deserved that luxury life
majin nemesis 1 month ago#8
no bulma and vegeta are good for each other,their personalities go well with each other also considering how bulma is basically like royalty and like the princess of the dragon ball's earth it makes sense for her to marry the guy who's the prince of all saiyans

and chichi and vegeta don't go welll with each other either chichi is too pure,innocent and sweet for a guy like vegeta same thing for goku and bulma,goku is too innocent and too pure for bulma,there's a reason why bulma was atracted to yamcha,zarbon and vegeta,she doesn't want a goody two shoes like goku

you guys have a hate boners for chichi but other then she being strict with kids studying and get goku to actually support his family,she's actually not bad at all
SonGaton 1 month ago#9
I don't think Bulma and Goku have the kind of chemistry that could lead to anything romantic.

majin nemesis posted...
no bulma and vegeta are good for each other,their personalities go well with each other also considering how bulma is basically like royalty and like the princess of the dragon ball's earth it makes sense for her to marry the guy who's the prince of all saiyans
This is true. They fit together, though I do think it would have been more interesting if Vegeta got together with a "normal" person to further cement him leaving his past behind (and eventually becoming an insignificant-seeming member of earth society). This ties in with Vegeta's attitude in the Frieza Saga compared to the rest of the series. The man that proclaims to be the prince of all saiyans every chance he gets used to straight not care that his people were killed by Frieza. He was more pissed about the fact being hidden from him than the fact itself.

But I realize that none of this really matters anyways. Toriyama didn't write a romantic subplot, he simply paired Vegeta and Bulma so he'd be integrated into the gang and make a half-saiyan baby. Simply convenient.

there's a reason why bulma was atracted to yamcha,zarbon and vegeta,she doesn't want a goody two shoes like goku
I mean... Bulma found Goku to be attractive in the Frieza Saga. Newschool DB f***ed with people's perception big time. Goku could absolutely be a badass at times and beam confidence. I can see Bulma be drawn towards this side of Goku. That being said, the two could not have a *long-lasting* relationship with each other.
Don't play dumb with me, you're not as good at it as I am.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Bulma should marry Goku, Chichi should marry Vegeta
  • Topic Archived