This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Frieza ordering Zarbon to cure Vegeta was the stupidest thing he ever did

User Info: kozodoyev

kozodoyev
1 month ago#1
When Frieza makes Zarbon find and cure Vegeta instead of killing him so he tells them where's the other dragon ball, as Zarbon leaves, Frieza recounts to himself of his concerns about the Sayijans's hability to grow stronger from any fight that doesn't kill them......

WHYYY in the world, knowing this, would he tell Zarbon to retrieve and CURE Vegeta (also unrestrained), taking the completely absurd risk of having Vegeta rebound, (considering Zarbon told him he practically killed Vegeta), and also considering he was ALREADY seeing Vegeta's zenkai boosts with Vegeta managing to kill Kewie with ease and managing to be a constant setback for Frieza.
This was Frieza's first and his biggest mistake in the series and it makes no sense for a supposedly mastermind commander.

He should've told Zarbon to find and finish Vegeta off. And then simply procede to search for the rest of the Dragon Balls in PEACE, having the whole planet to himself, nobody standing in his way. I mean it's not like he was in a hurry.
They would've found the ball eventually.

Frieza being so dumb really made Vegeta look smart. Now that I just saw this again it's more like Vegeta got VERY lucky Frieza was that stupid and brought him back to cure him with no restraints of any sort. If not for that, funny to think how Zarbon could've been Vegeta's end in the series.

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
1 month ago#2
He never considered Vegeta a threat

And Vegeta literally wasn’t a threat at any point during that arc and in the series as a whole until years later after Freeza was already dead
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: IAmMagicMan

IAmMagicMan
1 month ago#3
Well Vegeta wasn’t sick, so he didn’t “cure” him of anything.

In any case, you’re correct in that leaving Vegeta by himself with Appule was stupid writing. TFS’ abridged version did a great job making fun of the absurdity of this.
My plans are beyond your comprehension.

kozodoyev
1 month ago#4
Ben Reilly posted...
He never considered Vegeta a threat

And Vegeta literally wasn’t a threat at any point during that arc and in the series as a whole until years later after Freeza was already dead

That's why I said SETBACK, not threat.

And Vegeta was proved to be exactly that. A MAJOR setback for him, which is directly what caused Frieza's plan to crumble at the end.

The scenario in which Frieza had Vegeta killed, they would've found the rest of the dragon balls some time later. The end. Frieza won.
By having Vegeta cured, Vegeta steals the balls he already had, this causes a setback again, Frieza calls in the Ginyu force, this stretches things until Goku arrives, and you know the rest. None of that would've happened if Vegeta was killed by Zarbon.

kozodoyev
1 month ago#5
IAmMagicMan posted...
Well Vegeta wasn’t sick, so he didn’t “cure” him of anything.

Huh?..He CURED him of his wounds which were the cause of him being on the brick of death?

Sort of like when Videl yells "I HAVE BEEN CURED!" after eating her first zensu bean when she had been beaten up.

User Info: Grunfit

Grunfit
1 month ago#6
Freeza doing stupid things is Namek is the only reason there was a plot on the first place.

kozodoyev
1 month ago#7
Grunfit posted...
Freeza doing stupid things is Namek is the only reason there was a plot on the first place.

Yeah I guess everything comes down to that. Having Frieza showing reasonable tactics would've left the saga with no plot.
I was just pointing out that Vegeta got lucky. People claim he was extremely smart in this saga, but it's really all about the luck of being surrounded by idiots.

User Info: Kensaimage

Kensaimage
1 month ago#8
kozodoyev posted...
Huh?..He CURED him of his wounds which were the cause of him being on the brick of death?

Sort of like when Videl yells "I HAVE BEEN CURED!" after eating her first zensu bean when she had been beaten up.

It’s a strange word to use in this instance. “Healed” is far more natural. “Cure” isn’t technically wrong, but it’s awkward. “Cure” is more appropriate when speaking of illness or disease.

User Info: Hash062

Hash062
1 month ago#9
Stupidest thing he really did is hold back against Goku and toy with him instead of going for the kill before he turned SS. Very common mistake of a villain.

kozodoyev
1 month ago#10
Kensaimage posted...
“Cure” isn’t technically wrong, but it’s awkward

Kinda irrelevant to the topic, especially if it's as you said, technically correct, but ok..
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Frieza ordering Zarbon to cure Vegeta was the stupidest thing he ever did
  • Topic Archived