This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Beerus > All Mortals Once again proving character statements don't matter

User Info: Djyc21215

Djyc21215
2 months ago#1
Let me start off by saying that I did not actually read the lastest chapter, But everybody is saying that Vegeta outperformed Goku vs Granola. If this is actually true, then as a Man of my word I will admit this is the final piece of evidence to close the Beerus debate. if beerus > Vegeta and Vegeta > Goku then by default Beerus > Goku as well.

However, this also indirectly proves something that i've been saying since the beggining. We have Multiple character statements from all 3 continuality's placing or scaling people to beerus. And the latest chapter basically proves all of those character statements wrong.

Now before @LinkFanatic makes another post crying about how Daddy DJ Dissapointed him again, don't get angry at me for pointing out what your God Toriyama wrote. I've never watched or read another entire series in my life where character statements so OFTEN contradict each other. I know you dragonball fanboys HATE when I point out the flaws of your God toriyama because you people take this sht extremely seriously to the point where there's 20 different topics about freaking Dabura vs Gohan, but here me out and answer my next question with some logic:

What is the point of writing characters to say something, just for it to be flat out WRONG or contradicted within 1 chapter of each other? Shin's statement about Vegito = Beerus? Flat out wrong. Goku's statement about Broly > Beerus? Unless Base Gogeta from that movie is still stronger than Current arc SSBE Vegeta then that statement is flat out wrong as well. Jiren surpassing his own god of destruction? Flat out wrong, as we saw that Belmond was not significantly weaker than beerus at all. What was the point in making these statements just for them to be wrong and contradicted later? Dragonball does this A LOT. Even in OG dragonball statements were made that were contradicted later. Remember when Tenshinha was "Immune to the Kamehameha" for example?

Before any fanboy tries to blindly defend toriyama to me, how about we all just do what is logical? Stop taking this show seriously and just let feats decide the scaling since character statements for this show dont mean anything. If i cared as much as you idiots did I could make a 5 hour long video detaling and showing every single false character statement this show has ever made, it's not just 1. or 2. or 20. or 50. or 200. It's thousands of them."Unbeatable MUI" Getting outclassed by SSBE Vegeta (If that really happened, again didnt read the last chapter, and have no real interest in doing so. The show became unbelievably stupid during the Moro arc) as a recent example. The Feats at least, rarely contradict. Beerus>Vegeta>Goku is pretty straightforward. But all these contradictory character statements? Throw your overzealous fanboyism and Idol worship for your God Toriyama aside and see the forest for the trees. Your God (Toriyama) can be wrong, and often is wrong, just like all other Gods. The sooner you accept this, and stop taking this show so seriously, the sooner you all will stop getting so angry whenever people like me point out the Obvious truth.

Discuss.

User Info: chente405

chente405
2 months ago#2
Djyc21215 posted...
Let me start off by saying that I did not actually read the lastest chapter, But everybody is saying that Vegeta outperformed Goku vs Granola. If this is actually true, then as a Man of my word I will admit this is the final piece of evidence to close the Beerus debate. if beerus > Vegeta and Vegeta > Goku then by default Beerus > Goku as well.

However, this also indirectly proves something that i've been saying since the beggining. We have Multiple character statements from all 3 continuality's placing or scaling people to beerus. And the latest chapter basically proves all of those character statements wrong.

Now before @LinkFanatic makes another post crying about how Daddy DJ Dissapointed him again, don't get angry at me for pointing out what your God Toriyama wrote. I've never watched or read another entire series in my life where character statements so OFTEN contradict each other. I know you dragonball fanboys HATE when I point out the flaws of your God toriyama because you people take this sht extremely seriously to the point where there's 20 different topics about freaking Dabura vs Gohan, but here me out and answer my next question with some logic:

What is the point of writing characters to say something, just for it to be flat out WRONG or contradicted within 1 chapter of each other? Shin's statement about Vegito = Beerus? Flat out

how vegito >=beerus is wrong when it was never contradicted in the manga? any statement of beerus being above fusion ? or above vegito or gogeta specifically? you will find nothing :) i agree with rest of your post..

User Info: UIZeno

UIZeno
2 months ago#3
Retcons f***ing exist. If you noticed them, do you expect them to align with previous showings?

Vegeta performing better, implying Beerus is stronger than previous mortals, contradicts a feat.
As memory can be a paradise which we can't be driven, it can also be a hell which we cannot escape.

User Info: Destroyer_Deity

Destroyer_Deity
2 months ago#4
So you're finally accepting that Beerus is >>> basically

User Info: AnonDB

AnonDB
2 months ago#5
chente405 posted...
Djyc21215 posted...

how vegito >=beerus is wrong when it was never contradicted in the manga? any statement of beerus being above fusion ? or above vegito or gogeta specifically? you will find nothing :) i agree with rest of your post..
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/9/3/9/AAe5-IAACH-L.png

Djyc21215
2 months ago#6
Destroyer_Deity posted...
So you're finally accepting that Beerus is >>> basically

Yes. if Vegeta actually outperformed Goku, then it's irrefutable: Beerus> All mortals. That was the Final feat needed to close this debate once and for all.
chente405 posted...
Djyc21215 posted...

It depends entirely on if Current Vegeta is stronger than Broly Movie gogeta. If he is then Beerus is stronger than All fusion's we've seen so far as well.

chente405
2 months ago#7
AnonDB posted...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/9/3/9/AAe5-IAACH-L.png
dude really this again? xD , i cant really see where in this image is stated beerus>vegito xdd , cant you read? even the guy that wrote that is not sure about beerus and vegito comparison

chente405
2 months ago#8
Djyc21215 posted...
Yes. if Vegeta actually outperformed Goku, then it's irrefutable: Beerus> All mortals. That was the Final feat needed to close this debate once and for all.

It depends entirely on if Current Vegeta is stronger than Broly Movie gogeta. If he is then Beerus is stronger than All fusion's we've seen so far as well.
nothing suggest that..anime movie gogeta completely obliterated broly without trying and if the movie is canon to the anime then ssb gogeta has ssbe or kaioken on top of that , the guy is broken as hell! no way vegeta alone is surpassing that power , even you said that ssb multiplier is very small...

Djyc21215
2 months ago#9
UIZeno posted...
Retcons f***ing exist. If you noticed them, do you expect them to align with previous showings?

Vegeta performing better, implying Beerus is stronger than previous mortals, contradicts a feat.

The thing is. Ok. let me show you how to properly do a retcon without contradicting lore. Ever played the Elder scrolls Series? Take the Daedra called the Mazken:

Originally in Daggerfall they appeared as "Daedra Seducers". No real lore is given for them, yet. Then later on they reappear in Battlespire as Servants of mehrunes dagon. Then later on we see in Oblivion they are spawns of Sheogorath. Retcon? Yes, but lets look at how the Elder scrolls properly did it:

They simply wrote, in future Lore, that unlike the Aureals that are blindly and fiercely loyal to their God and creator Sheogorad, Mazken are trecherous and will make alliances with other gods and Betray Sheogorad if it benifits them to do so. The Mazken we see under Dagon for example were altered in his image and could even fly and spew wings. You see, when Lore is PROPERLY written the "retcons" don't simply flat out contradict what was previously established. It instead enhances and adds on to previous lore.

In dragonball each "Retcon" is just a lazy contradiction Toriyama writes to cover his own bad writing. I get you people are hardcore fans of this show, but even so WHY do you attempt to defend this? There's so many other clear better examples on how you properly do a retcon. Why not just state in the story that beerus has been training since BoG? That would be an EASY way to make all of this make sense without having the fans needing to come up with headcanon to make sense of the retcon?

Djyc21215
2 months ago#10
chente405 posted...
nothing suggest that..anime movie gogeta completely obliterated broly without trying and if the movie is canon to the anime then ssb gogeta has ssbe or kaioken on top of that , the guy is broken as hell! no way vegeta alone is surpassing that power , even you said that ssb multiplier is very small...

A week ago I would have entirely agreed with you. But it's obvious now that Toriyama doesn't care about logical power scaling. He's just writing whatever seems cool at this point. Don't be surprised if it's actually shown that base Vegeta > MUI Gogeta in the future.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Beerus > All Mortals Once again proving character statements don't matter
  • Topic Archived