This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. What's the consensus on Beerus' power?

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 weeks ago#21
LowRyder2005 posted...
Then: Scared by Super Saiyan Blue + Kaioken Goku against Hit. (U6 vs. U7)

He wasn't sacred. He was surprised at Goku's progress and wondered why Goku didn't use that form against him.

Then: Around or weaker than Ultra Instinct/ Jiren and/or Belmod/ Quitela. (TOP)

Belmod/Quietla beat Beerus in arm wrestling which the latter didn't take serious. I wouldn't that as conformation.

Then: Around or weaker than Broly. (DBS: Broly)

Tbfr, Goku had never said an all-out Beerus at that point so he was just assuming.
There is no knowledge that is not power!
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815

User Info: LowRyder2005

LowRyder2005
4 weeks ago#22
He wasn't sacred. He was surprised at Goku's progress and wondered why Goku didn't use that form against him.

Differing interpretations aside, I think the scene is very clearly constructed around Beerus being surprised and scared of the move. He's drawn with sweat as he blurts out "was he planning to use it against me?!"; you have Whis teasing him about him being concerned; Beerus tries to save face by making up an excuse... guess what, about his sweating being unrelated to the power of the technique.

I guess you could think Beerus is being honest and just concerned about "losing out to his brother" -- not that it logically connects to Beerus sweating while thinking about a fight between him and Goku.

Belmod/Quietla beat Beerus in arm wrestling which the latter didn't take serious. I wouldn't that as conformation.

That's why I put around or weaker. They are in the same realm.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Seymour_Natus

Seymour_Natus
4 weeks ago#23
Vegeta1000 posted...

Tbfr, Goku had never said an all-out Beerus at that point so he was just assuming.

Considering Beerus ego and his negative relationship with the other GoDs it is highly unlikely he’d not take them seriously especially when it comes to competition.

User Info: Graycap

Graycap
4 weeks ago#24
The retcons are objective fact. People denying are shills.
Say it on your main.

User Info: Grunfit

Grunfit
4 weeks ago#25
Let’s see:
BoG: SSG was originally stated to be a 6, with Beerus being a 10.
RoF: If I recall, Whis mentions that if Goku and Vegeta teamed up, they might actually beat Beerus.
ToP: Jiren is hyped as being stronger than a GoD, Belmod is implied to be on the same tier as Beerus in both versions, and MUI Goku was treated as GoD level.
But afterwards, it turns out everyone is still fodder compared to him. So yeah, a retcon is obvious.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
4 weeks ago#26
superman 2000 posted...
Beerus was originally meant to be stronger than SSG Goku, but not by an insane amount.
Goku fulfills a prophecy ascends to godhood
Beerus uses 10% and easily overpowers him

oh and by the end of the fight Beerus states there are universe they have birth warriors stronger than either of them, Super botched that but still BoG sorta felt like Goku wasn't anywhere near Beerus

User Info: silver_wolf80

silver_wolf80
4 weeks ago#27
Beerus is the actually the OG Broly, his power is maximum 😎

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 weeks ago#28
LowRyder2005 posted...

Differing interpretations aside, I think the scene is very clearly constructed around Beerus being surprised and scared of the move. He's drawn with sweat as he blurts out "was he planning to use it against me?!"; you have Whis teasing him about him being concerned; Beerus tries to save face by making up an excuse... guess what, about his sweating being unrelated to the power of the technique.

I guess you could think Beerus is being honest and just concerned about "losing out to his brother" -- not that it logically connects to Beerus sweating while thinking about a fight between him and Goku.

That's still not enough evidence. He was surprised that Goku was hiding such a massive power.

That's why I put around or weaker. They are in the same realm.

There's no evidence that's he's weaker than either. It's not like they beat him in an actual battle.

Seymour_Natus posted...
Considering Beerus ego and his negative relationship with the other GoDs it is highly unlikely he’d not take them seriously especially when it comes to competition.

He didn't seem to care much about losing to them. It was over arm wrestling not an actual battle.
There is no knowledge that is not power!
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815

User Info: LowRyder2005

LowRyder2005
4 weeks ago#29
That's still not enough evidence. He was surprised that Goku was hiding such a massive power.

There's even less evidence he was just surprised. Seems to me you're failing to get the point of the scene, really. Beerus is worried Goku could use the technique against him = the technique could maybe beat him in battle; he sweats; Whis teases him about sweating because of the technique worrying him; Beerus makes up an excuse on the spot about being just surprised.

It's even more apparent in the dubbed version, which conveys the tone and emotion of the Japanese version better than the subs you are likely reading. The scene was 100% constructed to imply Goku has become a threat to Beerus' own power.

There's no evidence that's he's weaker than either. It's not like they beat him in an actual battle.

If you beat someone in arm wrestling the implication you are physically stronger; there's again no suggestion that Beerus is stronger within that particular statement. Ergo the wording weaker or around x. No idea why I'm explaining this. Around also means you can be slightly stronger, by the way.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: stereographic

stereographic
4 weeks ago#30
Beerus is shown training from time to time so he should also be getting stronger at the same time that Goku is getting stronger. It's not like Goku and Vegeta are the only ones allowed to get stronger.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. What's the consensus on Beerus' power?
  • Post New Message