This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. DBS Manga Chapter 73 - Viz (English)

User Info: FlyingWindGod

FlyingWindGod
4 months ago#11
MUIGogito posted...
• It was the real Granola who beat UI Goku but him saying he could find an opening after his accuracy decreases with time makes me question if the real Granola could take FP UI Goku head on.

Same, I knew there was something up with this. But again, it just feels like a contrivance. So now you can not only not maintain UI for long but it's accuracy goes down over time as well?

I'm legitimately curious.... what about this form is any different from the Tournament of Power?

That aside though, the action was solid and Granolah continues to impress me. But I can't in good faith call this a good chapter because Goku's loss was dependent on a contrivance that literally did not exist before this arc.

I'll say 5/10.

User Info: AnonDB

AnonDB
4 months ago#12
FP Granolah >>>>>> Goku if he got one shotted and blizted that easily.

User Info: MUIGogito

MUIGogito
4 months ago#13
FlyingWindGod posted...
So now you can not only not maintain UI for long but it's accuracy goes down over time as well?
I’m guessing that the difficulty with maintaining UI is causing the accuracy to go down over time. But yeah it feels like we’re regressing back to ToP UI with the only difference being that he can use it at will.

AnonDB
4 months ago#14
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/3/3/5/AAe5-IAAB_xH.jpg
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/3/3/6/AAe5-IAAB_xI.jpg
Base Vegeta's guard > UI Goku's guard lmao

User Info: Sam123416

Sam123416
4 months ago#15
Amazing art.
Some of the panels were absolutely fire like the Kamehameha & vital strike clash was so hard.

Granolah is fire.
Cool abilities with a dope design. Love the belt buckle gauntlets he has.
I can't wait to see his other abilities.

I've never liked Vegeta as he does is talk s*** and get clapped but honestly I feel Vegeta is going to go off next chapter.
If he does, combined with his top tier s***-talking, he'll be GOATed.

The writing with Goku is so garbage that I've given up at this stage.
Accuracy decreases over time...
The most garbage explanation I've ever seen to have Goku lose. MUI literally gets sharper and faster every move, it makes no sense for him to become less accurate.

Overall
8/10
Garbage writing regarding Goku really killed the vibe but hopefully Vegeta can bring the heat next chapter.

User Info: Ghostrain23

Ghostrain23
4 months ago#16
He outsped the auto dodge. Obviously a FP goku would do better but I think it’ll be a back and forth of dodging and blocking until goku loses accuracy. Because that’s just what that technique is.

AnonDB
4 months ago#17
Ghostrain23 posted...
He outsped the auto dodge. Obviously a FP goku would do better but I think it’ll be a back and forth of dodging and blocking until goku loses accuracy. Because that’s just what that technique is.
*Outsped UI.

User Info: Anti_soul

Anti_soul
4 months ago#18
This was actually a pretty good chapter, loved the fight scenes, Toyo is honestly getting better at them.

But my assumption was correct, Vegeta informing Goku is what lead him to be off guard, Goku trying to process the information left him wide open for a sneak attack. That coupled with him losing accuracy as he can't maintain MUI for long really messed him up.

I'm pretty sure that Granolah can't take MUI Goku straight up in a brawl cause his vitals are also sealed in UI to Granolah's abilities which handicaps Granolah severely since his way of engagement is heavily based around striking vital points.

Vegeta is probably gonna manhandle Granolah next chapter just like @Ben_Reilly said, I'm not getting the feeling that he's playing up to his overconfidence as usual.

User Info: FlyingWindGod

FlyingWindGod
4 months ago#19
Yeah so it basically wasn't coping on the leakers/translators part that UI was waning or Goku's guard was down because the chapter literally says it.

Granolah's plan to use a clone to prolong the fight actually worked out in his favor since it caused a loss off accuracy for UI, allowing Granolah to hit his vitals and get the one-shot.

User Info: Electrokinesis

Electrokinesis
4 months ago#20
SpiralSwords posted...
I enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to the next.

One thousand lonely stars out in the cold
Take it, oh I don't wanna sing anymore
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. DBS Manga Chapter 73 - Viz (English)
  • Topic Archived