This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Moving goalpost Beerus is such bulls***

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 months ago#51
Sam123416 posted...
Nah.
Manga Beerus has a good reason to be unsurpassed.

He has near UI and Hakai.
Those two alone make him absolutely stacked.

All he needs is ONE opening against MUI Goku and the fight is finished.

Until they show how to counter Hakai, he'll stay on top.

Even then, showing how to counter it won't really mean anything as Hakai from some enemy is nowhere near as dangerous as Hakai from a hundreds of millions year old destroyer.

1. Goku can teleport

2. We literally saw Hakai fail against an opponent in the manga when Goku used it.

3. MUI means auto dodge Hakai wouldn't even land. Beerus's UI is only sign so it would falter first.
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE

User Info: Sam123416

Sam123416
3 months ago#52
thedarklordx3 posted...
1. Goku can teleport

2. We literally saw Hakai fail against an opponent in the manga when Goku used it.

3. MUI means auto dodge Hakai wouldn't even land. Beerus's UI is only sign so it would falter first.

1) Ok and?

2) Why are you comparing Goku to Beerus when it comes to Hakai?

Beerus has actively trained in destruction energy for hundreds of millions of years whilst Goku has never trained in it once.
Beerus' skill and lethality with Hakai is light years upon light years ahead of Goku.

Zamasu isn't even a good counter-argument as he's immortal so Hakai wouldn't have worked on him from anyone but Zeno/GP.

3) Yes it would.

Firstly Beerus' skill in UI might be better than UI Sign so there's that.
UI Sign is a gargantuan buff as well.

Goku clapped Moro 73
Now give Moro 73 UI Sign; do you think Goku would dodge all his attacks like he did before?
No he wouldn't, Moro would at least land one hit on him.

Now apply this to Beerus.
That one hit is Hakai and Goku would be turned to dust.
He really has no chance against Beerus at all.

User Info: FlyingWindGod

FlyingWindGod
3 months ago#53
@Sam123416 's mostly right with a small caveat on Beerus' UI. Beerus did admit that when Goku achieved Sign, he took it further than he ever did.

What makes Beerus' special seems to be Hakai, as he himself pointed out that since his mind is always on destruction (except when it's on food, I guess...), his power is limitless. As far as UI goes, I don't really consider it a factor for Beerus' strength. He realized the technique was as unsuited to him as Hakai was to Goku.

User Info: FlyingWindGod

FlyingWindGod
3 months ago#54
mizukage2 posted...
I really don't know why so many people b**** about this. This is a series where Frieza went from weaker then a brand new SS to being able to match a SSB god ki wielder with a month of training. You are really going to get salty about Beerus working out a bit after being motivated by the thought of Goku/Vegeta humiliating him by surpassing his power? Feel free to mark this post for future reference so I can eat it if I am wrong and he has remained completely static in power but to me it seems pretty heavily implied he is currently doing self-improvement and therefore should be a moving goal post.

It doesn't seem like Beerus has shown concern about Goku catching up to him. His primary concern seems to be Goku's shenanigans getting him into trouble from the Grand Priest/Zeno. But I've not seen any signs that he's taken this personally and started training.

To be honest, I would be fine if they went with this route but it frankly just seems like Beerus' power is a sliding goalpost without any in-narrative explanation for it like with Freeza, 17, Gohan, and Broly.

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
3 months ago#55
Beerus' power has basically been adjusted in every arc. I just chalk it up to him obsessing over destruction, which makes him become more and more powerful.

"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: Djyc21215

Djyc21215
3 months ago#56
mizukage2 posted...
I really don't know why so many people b**** about this. This is a series where Frieza went from weaker then a brand new SS to being able to match a SSB god ki wielder with a month of training. You are really going to get salty about Beerus working out a bit after being motivated by the thought of Goku/Vegeta humiliating him by surpassing his power? Feel free to mark this post for future reference so I can eat it if I am wrong and he has remained completely static in power but to me it seems pretty heavily implied he is currently doing self-improvement and therefore should be a moving goal post.

This is the only way I will buy that Beerus is stronger than anybody, as the Power we've been seeing from him previously was made clear to be surpassed as far back as the ToP. If he's been training and actually got stronger, different story. But some of these idiots really believe a ToP Beerus that was struggling to fight Belmond is suddenly stronger than people way stronger than Belmond with no training. I ain't Buying it.

User Info: Djyc21215

Djyc21215
3 months ago#57
thedarklordx3 posted...
1. Goku can teleport

The last chapter proves MUI isn't auto-dodge. Granola literally one shot him.

User Info: Nsus

Nsus
3 months ago#58
Ghostrain23 posted...
I dnt understand the frustration behind it honestly.
This
Stand in the middle of the ring and box his ass. Manny Steward.

thedarklordx3
3 months ago#59
Djyc21215 posted...
The last chapter proves MUI isn't auto-dodge. Granola literally one shot him.

There is only one difference between what Moro did that got his hand broken and what Granola did. That difference is that UI is nerfed instead of wanked this arc. Up until last chapter MUI was auto dodge, now suddenly it's not.
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE

thedarklordx3
3 months ago#60
Sam123416 posted...
1) Ok and?

2) Why are you comparing Goku to Beerus when it comes to Hakai?

Beerus has actively trained in destruction energy for hundreds of millions of years whilst Goku has never trained in it once.
Beerus' skill and lethality with Hakai is light years upon light years ahead of Goku.

Zamasu isn't even a good counter-argument as he's immortal so Hakai wouldn't have worked on him from anyone but Zeno/GP.

3) Yes it would.

Firstly Beerus' skill in UI might be better than UI Sign so there's that.
UI Sign is a gargantuan buff as well.

Goku clapped Moro 73
Now give Moro 73 UI Sign; do you think Goku would dodge all his attacks like he did before?
No he wouldn't, Moro would at least land one hit on him.

Now apply this to Beerus.
That one hit is Hakai and Goku would be turned to dust.
He really has no chance against Beerus at all.

1) Goku can just teleport out of Hakai easily. It can be reacted to.

But let me add a 4) when Moro punched MUI Goku's chest his hand broke because Goku's skin hardened, showing MUI can defend you in other ways and Goku knows no skin hardening technique. This most likely means that MUI would automatically defend against Hakai.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Moving goalpost Beerus is such bulls***
  • Topic Archived