This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. There was No Retcon, Beerus is still fodder

User Info: Djyc21215

Djyc21215
1 month ago#131
AeternaNocturne posted...
an assassin and a warrior are not the same thing lmfao. That’s not even the case in English, much less in Japanese storytelling

so now you’re just telling lies? Lmao. Senshi has an honorable connotation in Japanese storytelling, and particularly in the dragon ball universe

Immaterial. Whether they care or not they act like they do, and they use terms based around honor or the lack thereof. Our debate isn’t about “are the Japanese honorable”, it’s about whether the terms used would describe hit. They used honorable terms for warriors and hit doesn’t fall in that category

totally unrelated

irrelevant. I didn’t say the Japanese were good people or that they praise the right people or that they bestow honor to people who deserve it. I’m not making a moral judgment by my personal standards.

im observing the FACT that frost was described using a term that conveys honor, as frost was seen as an honorable figure at first, whereas Hit’s profession is NOT in that category.

for an example of my point, see the comparison of samurai vs ninja. Both were killers, both served lords and carried out orders to spill blood, and both treated normal people like s***. From a universal perspective, we’re these good, honorable people? f*** no. But samurai were seen as honorable and some even write about them as if they were honorable today, while ninja were looked down on as not being so, despite the overlap in purpose and action.

in this example, it’d be like saying frost was the strongest “samurai”, which is fine since hit isn’t an “samurai”.

Ok. I see your point now, My bad. Seems like I was just misreading you.

That being said, When Frost was described as "The strongest warrior (senshi)," I'm pretty sure, in context, Vadosu was also talking about hit. As Hit is also referred to as a "Senshi" when he's eliminated in the Tournament of power.

User Info: MUIGogito

MUIGogito
1 month ago#132
Djyc21215 posted...
That being said, When Frost was described as "The strongest warrior (senshi)," I'm pretty sure, in context, Vadosu was also talking about hit. As Hit is also referred to as a "Senshi" when he's eliminated in the Tournament of power.
Post the scan then like you said you would

Djyc21215
1 month ago#133
MUIGogito posted...
Post the scan then like you said you would

Or else what?

MUIGogito
1 month ago#134
Djyc21215 posted...
Or else what?
You’re a coward for making claims you can’t back up.

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
1 month ago#135
MUIGogito posted...
Again,asking Scotty to provide proof is like asking Trump not to lie.
When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then IMO it has
become a society that's not worth saving.

Djyc21215
1 month ago#136
MUIGogito posted...

Oh no a random guy on the internet thinks I'm a coward! WhatEVER shall I do!

somehow I think I'll sleep like a baby at night.

MUIGogito
1 month ago#137
Djyc21215 posted...
Oh no a random guy on the internet thinks I'm a coward! WhatEVER shall I do!

somehow I think I'll sleep like a baby at night.
In case you forgot, you were the one who mentioned me in your topic on Frost being stronger than Hit because of Vados’ statement, and you said you’d provide the scan and then ran away.

User Info: MrPerfectNappa

MrPerfectNappa
1 month ago#138
Djyc21215 posted...
Admission of defeat. About time. 1 wanker down 1 million more to go. I will slowly win this war.
I will slowly win this war, lmfao don’t make me laugh, you’ve been taking L’s more than vegeta latley, beerus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jiren

Djyc21215
1 month ago#139
MUIGogito posted...
In case you forgot, you were the one who mentioned me in your topic on Frost being stronger than Hit because of Vados’ statement, and you said you’d provide the scan and then ran away.

I'm still going to Provide the scan don't worry. On my time. When I feel like it. Probably tomorrow morning when I get off from work. Threatening me with "Do it now or Imma think you're a coward" is Comical.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. There was No Retcon, Beerus is still fodder
  • Topic Archived