This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. I am not so sure 19/20 are Frieza level UNLESS they are full of energy

User Info: ssgvegeto

ssgvegeto
4 weeks ago#21
God_of_Magic posted...
Given that 19 and Gero were in fact able to take multiple hits from both Vegeta and Piccolo
Durability, doesn't directly speak for power level. Even Vegeta, while berating about how weak these Androids were, commended them on how they were well put together and sturdily built.

God_of_Magic posted...
Piccolo goes into this fight knowing a > Namek SS like power was needed to defeat the androids
Off of Trunks's warning, yes, but his presumptions about the Androids and their capabilities clearly changed after he witnessed their performance, otherwise, he would've kept staying in the sidelines.

God_of_Magic posted...
Yet, Piccolo had no problem stepping in against Gero
After observing the Androids in action and judging Gero's level attack on Piccolo prior when Piccolo faked dying because he assumed it was necessary for him to trick Gero so Piccolo could make for an opportunity to woosh in there and save Goku.

yakashamonian posted...
Tien already witnessed 2 namek level SSJs and was still impressing him
Are you talking about Goku and Trunks having an all-of-a-sudden brief finger sword fight from miles away? If so, that's not really a fair comparison anymore than watching a baseball player swinger practicing hitting the ball for a few seconds versus front row seas to a 30 minute intense round.

https://imgur.com/gtjHMvJ

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
4 weeks ago#22
Goku immediately went Super. He wouldnt do that if they werent Frieza level or above.
When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then IMO it has
become a society that's not worth saving.

User Info: ssgvegeto

ssgvegeto
4 weeks ago#23
lilhurk1985187 posted...
Goku immediately went Super
1. He can't sense the Androids to know how strong they are.
2. If they were even a fraction as strong as Frieza, that would be enough of a reason for Goku to go SSJ. Goku's base is embarrassingly weak next to Frieza.
3. He is showing off to try and show off against the Androids because they said the oldest data collected was from the Saiyan Saga and had no clue what a Super Saiyan was.

Goku could have a power level of 5 million for all it matters and would still require SSJ to beat Androids with a power level of 6 million or higher.
https://imgur.com/gtjHMvJ

User Info: SSJPurple

SSJPurple
4 weeks ago#24
Goku was flexing on his haters

But then he took a virus to the heart

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
4 weeks ago#25
ssgvegeto posted...
1. He can't sense the Androids to know how strong they are.
2. If they were even a fraction as strong as Frieza, that would be enough of a reason for Goku to go SSJ. Goku's base is embarrassingly weak next to Frieza.
3. He is showing off to try and show off against the Androids because they said the oldest data collected was from the Saiyan Saga and had no clue what a Super Saiyan was.

Goku could have a power level of 5 million for all it matters and would still require SSJ to beat Androids with a power level of 6 million or higher.
Great point. I withdraw my post.😣

When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then IMO it has
become a society that's not worth saving.
(message deleted)

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 weeks ago#27
SpiralSwords posted...
This is one of those things I go back and forth on.

https://i.imgur.com/vv6QK9K.jpg?1

That's one of the biggest reasons why I have Namek Freeza stronger than #19 and #20. The story acts like they weren't even Freeza level. What would be the point of Krillin asking Goku if he was excited or scared to face an enemy stronger than Freeza if he already had?

yakashamonian posted...

Goku being sick and weaker than he should of been doesn't matter much in the narrative, Tien already witnessed 2 namek level SSJs and was still impressing him. Krillin also witnessed 2 namek saga SSJs and at least 50% Freeza as well and Knew Goku had to at least be a fair bit over the 60,000,000 mark to down Freeza, and still compared Piccolo being SSJ level.

We've already been over this numerous times.

Chapter 340 (DBZ 146), P13.1-2
Tenshinhan: “Wh-what a ki! Amazing…! S-so this is Goku as a Super Saiyan…?!”
Piccolo: “…”

Tien is acting as if he's seeing SSJ Goku for the first time despite seeing him 3 years ago. Sounds like him and the other humans couldn't properly gauge the power of either Goku or Trunks during their brief scrimmage which makes sense as the latter two were far ahead from the others.

God_of_Magic posted...
I have to agree here. Piccolo goes into this fight knowing a > Namek SS like power was needed to defeat the androids. Yet, Piccolo had no problem stepping in against Gero even when a Full Power Vegeta was ready to go. I doubt Piccolo would have been so eager to fight if he was weaker than Namek SS Goku. He already knew that wasn't strong enough. So Piccolo for sure knew he was stronger than Goku was on Namek.

You have to remember that Piccolo himself was unsure if he was strong enough to handle the Androids. I wasn't until he saw them an action was when he was convinced that he could handle them.

Given that 19 and Gero were in fact able to take multiple hits from both Vegeta and Piccolo, who are more powerful than Namek SS Goku, I would wager it is likely 19/Gero probably are around Frieza in power with more room to grow after stealing energy.

The only reason #19 and #20 could take so many hits from Vegeta and Piccolo respectively is because Androids are durable and cannot feel pain.

lilhurk1985187 posted...
Goku immediately went Super. He wouldnt do that if they werent Frieza level or above.

Not quite. It just means that they were too strong for his base. Anyone 50% Freeza level or better would be too strong for Base Saiyans at that point.
There is no knowledge that is not power!
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815

User Info: Marikina

Marikina
4 weeks ago#28
I don't really see why would Gero would feel the need to make himself and 19 anywhere near Freeza level after calculating that Goku won't improve that much. Seems beyond overkill.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 weeks ago#29
Marikina posted...
I don't really see why would Gero would feel the need to make himself and 19 anywhere near Freeza level after calculating that Goku won't improve that much. Seems beyond overkill.

Gero didn't even know about Freeza. His spy robot stopped collecting data after the Saiyan Saga battles.
There is no knowledge that is not power!
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815

User Info: SSJPurple

SSJPurple
4 weeks ago#30
Marikina posted...

Gero did design them with the assumption of Goku making progress. There was just no way to account for the boost SSJ gives.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. I am not so sure 19/20 are Frieza level UNLESS they are full of energy
  • Topic Archived