This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Goku should have surpassed Beerus in RoF.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
3 weeks ago#1
Then he surpasses Whis in the Champa arc
Then he surpasses Daishinkan in the Zamasu arc
Then he surpasses Zeno in the Jiren arc
DBS Broly is stronger than everyone because Broly, so Goku and Vegeta fuse to become Gogeta. Gogeta da strongest being ever because Gogeta
Time skip, instead of the Moro arc, he's training Oob. Oob surpasses Goku. Oob da real strongest. Ayyyy Fam!

f*** the Gods
GameFAQs is my LIFE, fam.

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
3 weeks ago#2
I feel like the opposite. That Goku and Vegan should have stayed way below him for a long time. I know they wanted to rush out a new form but I think SSJB came too quick.

I understand it from a business/marketing POV why the next new movie had a new form but from a story perspective I thought it was way too soon.
IWTDINO

User Info: OmniAlgusX

OmniAlgusX
3 weeks ago#3
Goku should have surpassed Beerus with Ssj3. The BoG movie should have ended when Beerus visited Kai's world to be f***ed up by the legendary Mastered Ssj3. It could have been half an hour long with 5 minutes just Goku powering up to Falconer's theme song.
Final proof that Buu makes people delusional: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000113-dragon-ball-general/79026206

Scotty_Rogers
3 weeks ago#4
Imma draw fanart of myself as Super Saiyan 10 God Super Saiyan Kaioken Evolved Rainbow Ultra Instinct beating Beerus ass.

User Info: Djyc21215

Djyc21215
3 weeks ago#5
Uub is an absolutely horrible character. He Jobbed in GT and I can't wait for him to Job in Super. Absolutely abysmal trash character. Agreed with everything else tho.

User Info: Simplexible

Simplexible
3 weeks ago#6
It's a good thing that Toriyama is upsetting the fans who have always come to expect Goku surpassing everyone. The series is too predictable as it is.

Scotty_Rogers
3 weeks ago#7
Simplexible posted...
It's a good thing that Toriyama is upsetting the fans who have always come to expect Goku surpassing everyone. The series is too predictable as it is.

After all these years, unpredictability for the sake of it is contrived. There's no sense of progress when Goku remains weaker than Beerus. And at this point, it's predictable.

It's been several years since BoG now. We've had plenty of characters who are stronger than Beerus. But Goku remains weaker than all of them for no reason. The logic "The series would have to end if Goku surpasses Beerus" never made any sense.

User Info: FlyingWindGod

FlyingWindGod
3 weeks ago#8
Simplexible posted...

While I was all for this concept back when Battle of Gods ended, it's definitely worn out its welcome. Especially as the world-building grows and we're actually seeing the fighters mightier than Beerus that he alluded to in the movie.

There's definitely a middle ground we can get out of this that doesn't seem too much to ask for. Taking all the way till the Tournament of Power before someone in U7 finally surpassed Beerus would've felt satisfying. And God knows, we need to move on from Beerus and onto bigger obstacles like Whis and the Grand Priest.

User Info: Simplexible

Simplexible
2 weeks ago#9
FlyingWindGod posted...
While I was all for this concept back when Battle of Gods ended, it's definitely worn out its welcome. Especially as the world-building grows and we're actually seeing the fighters mightier than Beerus that he alluded to in the movie.

There's definitely a middle ground we can get out of this that doesn't seem too much to ask for. Taking all the way till the Tournament of Power before someone in U7 finally surpassed Beerus would've felt satisfying. And God knows, we need to move on from Beerus and onto bigger obstacles like Whis and the Grand Priest.

Why does Goku HAVE to surpass Beerus at some point? What would be wrong with reaching EoZ with Goku at or below Beerus' level, and the series ends there?

And if Beerus is surpassed, there could opportunities for that to happen. Like Goku needing to surpass him to defeat a foe who just stomped Beerus, or Beerus and Goku are forced to fight eachother for real, allowing them to settle the BoG score.

Why is it so important that he's surpassed asap anyway?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Goku should have surpassed Beerus in RoF.
  • Topic Archived