This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Granola already has more fanarts than Moro

User Info: GokuBlackRose

GokuBlackRose
4 weeks ago#21
IAmMagicMan posted...
Because he’s a pretty boy shounen character that girls will fawn over and boys will self-insert as. That’s the only reason. He isn’t better or more interesting. He’s sympathetic and has a relatable desire for revenge, but that doesn’t automatically make him better. I have zero confidence in the writing after seeing how generic Zamasu was with a similar foundation.
Well I would argue that because this is shounen and is for a different demographic, plus the fact that Tori has crap memory and literally made up the entirety of Dragon Ball's story as it went along and still managed to make a cohesive story tells me a lot.

The characters in Super have allowed for more interesting fights, better development in some respects, more of an expanded universe (literally) and techniques other than the Kamehameha wave for the 16 billionth time.

The gods were introduced well, even the new ones were introduced okay imo, by giving us little of them it just makes them all the more mysterious and interesting in the long run when we eventually have to have the universes fight together against another outside of forced tournament arc setting.

The new characters in the Granolah arc actually seems to have some thought put into him based on how Elec and the world around Granolah and how he is interacting with it alone. And we haven't had a revenge arc for the actual dragon ball canon yet so this is about better than the Baby arc so far in terms of how pacing and introductions are concerned.

When Dragon Ball, a series that largely runs on its style and charm, can't consistently present either style or charm, what's it doing?

User Info: SS2Matt

SS2Matt
4 weeks ago#22
He'll probably get more attention when the anime eventually comes out again.
"You truly are the Lord of the Rings" - Frildo Boggins
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Granola already has more fanarts than Moro
  • Topic Archived