This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Granola already has more fanarts than Moro

User Info: ssgvegeto

ssgvegeto
2 months ago#11
Theone1234 posted...
Seththeprogrammer made a video explaining and describing how Moro and his arc was basically every previous DB arc and villain combined
Like Moro is a fusion of all the villains or something
Interesting. I was referring more to how Moro landing on Namek after Goku uttered one of Star Wars's I have a baaaad feeling about this quotes entirely copied the Emperor's arrival on the Death Star from the ship to the hood, not to mention Moro using psuedo-Force on SSJ Vegeta and shooting lightning.
https://imgur.com/gtjHMvJ

User Info: Theone1234

Theone1234
2 months ago#12
ssgvegeto posted...

Interesting. I was referring more to how Moro landing on Namek after Goku uttered one of Star Wars's I have a baaaad feeling about this quotes entirely copied the Emperor's arrival on the Death Star from the ship to the hood, not to mention Moro using psuedo-Force on SSJ Vegeta and shooting lightning.

I mean yeah that most definitely was a palpatine reference if not an extremely coincidence
Slapping trolls left and right
Current win rate at 700%

User Info: SeekerofDark

SeekerofDark
2 months ago#13
You people have dumb standards for a villain. Granola is just as popular as Moro. They're manga characters. They won't get as much buzz.

User Info: IAmMagicMan

IAmMagicMan
2 months ago#14
Because he’s a pretty boy shounen character that girls will fawn over and boys will self-insert as. That’s the only reason. He isn’t better or more interesting. He’s sympathetic and has a relatable desire for revenge, but that doesn’t automatically make him better. I have zero confidence in the writing after seeing how generic Zamasu was with a similar foundation.
My plans are beyond your comprehension.

User Info: Calls

Calls
2 months ago#15
IAmMagicMan posted...
Because he’s a pretty boy shounen character that girls will fawn over and boys will self-insert as. That’s the only reason. He isn’t better or more interesting. He’s sympathetic and has a relatable desire for revenge, but that doesn’t automatically make him better. I have zero confidence in the writing after seeing how generic Zamasu was with a similar foundation.
This

User Info: MalachiteXWater

MalachiteXWater
2 months ago#16
Moro wasn't hot enough for Furries while Granolah is a pretty boy that Fujos might eat up.
I like lasagna

User Info: SSJPurple

SSJPurple
2 months ago#17
So Toriyama holds no responsibility for that even though he is credited as the writer on every single chapter?

User Info: Granolah

Granolah
2 months ago#18
Probably because Granolah just looks more like your traditional DB character.

Moro was really cool looking until he absorbed 73, that probably hurt his popularity.
Strongest in the universe

User Info: Dagoth

Dagoth
2 months ago#19
The Moro arc is basically a rip-off of the Cell arc.

• Moro and Cell both had other people's abilities
  • Moro and Cell both used Absorption
  • Moro and Cell both had creepy first forms but gained human faces in their final form
  • Moro and Cell are both beaten because of a child
  • Moro and Cell both inflate into Balloons

User Info: God_of_Magic

God_of_Magic
2 months ago#20
Dagoth posted...
The Moro arc is basically a rip-off of the Cell arc.

* Moro and Cell both had other people's abilities
* Moro and Cell both used Absorption
* Moro and Cell both had creepy first forms but gained human faces in their final form
* Moro and Cell are both beaten because of a child
* Moro and Cell both inflate into Balloons
While they can be said to be similar, I feel like a lot of context is missing here.

• Cell had other's abilities from the start. Moro was introduced with his own and original powers.
  • Moro's was based on energy not absorbing entire people. Moro only ate 7-3 as a last resort, not a first priority to gain his full power like Cell did.
  • Cell was creepy looking. Moro simply looked like an old goat. Otherwise, yes, became more human looking later.
  • Both are also beaten because of a Vegeta assist too.
  • Yes, but for for very different reasons.
They are certainly similar in some ways but I feel like Moro and Cell were also far different in this as well. Saying Moro is a rip off of the Cell Arc seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Granola already has more fanarts than Moro
  • Topic Archived