This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Granola already has more fanarts than Moro

User Info: DBZFan849

DBZFan849
4 weeks ago#1
It's funny, Moro might actually be the least popular villain ever introduced in Dragon Ball. He trended on twitter once and that was his peak, it all went downhill from there. Nobody seemingly cares about him, nor about his arc.

Well done, Toyo.
Monna's clone is still in the tournament!

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
4 weeks ago#2
I wouldn't be surprised. He really was the very definition of a character that exists to be an obstacle.

I can not think of any other antagonist in the history of the series that was so blatantly, "we needed a guy to fight so we pulled this guy out of thin air".

Then his personality is basically more generic evil than old Broly was and he fulfills a similar purpose. Give the good guys something to fight with some cool stuff to accompany it. Beyond being evil for no real defined purpose he has no character or history and his powers just seem to pop up to keep his arc rolling.

Something about Moro is just off in my opinion. Like Frieza, Piccolo, and Cell were all simply evil bastards like Moro and yet they still felt like they had more of a purpose and place in the world than Moro ever did.
Prepare to have your Scales Tipped!
Official Robin of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Grunfit

Grunfit
4 weeks ago#3
Moro felt like a movie villain, so I’m not surprised.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
4 weeks ago#4
Granola isn't that popular, either. They're manga-only villains, so of course they're relatively unpopular. If the anime adapts them, more people will know about them.

Moro trending at all on Twitter is actually impressive, though. He's popular enough for someone who only appeared in the manga.
FAM FOREVER

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
4 weeks ago#5
SSJGPiccles posted...
I can not think of any other antagonist in the history of the series that was so blatantly, "we needed a guy to fight so we pulled this guy out of thin air".

Lol every single villain is like that

Something about Moro is just off in my opinion.

Yeah, your hero Toriyama didn't make it so it must be bad, right? Lol no
FAM FOREVER

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
4 weeks ago#6
Scotty_Rogers posted...
Lol every single villain is like that
Some of them are much more like that than others. Buu probably comes the closest to Moro, but he's still not as bad about it as Moro was because Buu existed in a less fleshed out universe where he could have feasibly existed without needing much explanation.
Yeah, your hero Toriyama didn't make it so it must be bad, right? Lol no
Pretty sure Toriyama still made Moro. He just didn't design him or something.
Prepare to have your Scales Tipped!
Official Robin of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Dark_Zoroark

Dark_Zoroark
4 weeks ago#7
Moro felt like a combination of previous villains, so it was boring.
FC:1633-4315-8950| Official Young Link of the MM3D and SSBU boards
Ban the worst person on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user?board=1947548

User Info: ssgvegeto

ssgvegeto
4 weeks ago#8
Moro was literally a Palpatine ripoff at the start of his introduction and Toyotaro wasn't even trying to hide the Star Wars references and quotes he was ripping off from it.
https://imgur.com/gtjHMvJ

User Info: Theone1234

Theone1234
4 weeks ago#9
ssgvegeto posted...
Moro was literally a Palpatine ripoff at the start of his introduction and Toyotaro wasn't even trying to hide the Star Wars references and quotes he was ripping off from it.

Seththeprogrammer made a video explaining and describing how Moro and his arc was basically every previous DB arc and villain combined
Like Moro is a fusion of all the villains or something
Slapping trolls left and right
Current win rate at 700%

User Info: SupremeGod91

SupremeGod91
4 weeks ago#10
Moro was a much better and much more interesting character than Granola imo!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Granola already has more fanarts than Moro
  • Topic Archived