This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. So why didn't Frieza blow up the Earth again against Broly?

User Info: DarthAya44

DarthAya44
1 month ago#1
I don't think Frieza knows about Whis' time rewind. So why stay there to get battered for an hour? Just fire at the planet, and kill the 3 saiyans right there. By RoF logic an exploding planet kills them outright while Frieza endures.

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
1 month ago#2
PIS. They can't (or aren't) going to cover every possible thing. They wanted to give Goku and Vegeta time to fuse, so somebody had to distract Broly for an hour.

It's a s***ty explanation but that's all there is to it really. In-universe there was no reason to for Frieza to not pull a RoF again.
IWTDINO

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
1 month ago#3
This is kinda like asking "Why didn't you just shoot it?" to someone who just got mauled by a bear and you had a shotgun.

If something that can mess you up is already beating your ass, and is probably doing so non-stop in a fit of rage, I don't think ideas go too far past "How do I not die" considering that appeared to be pretty one sided.

DarthAya44
1 month ago#4
R_Jackal posted...
This is kinda like asking "Why didn't you just shoot it?" to someone who just got mauled by a bear and you had a shotgun.

If something that can mess you up is already beating your ass, and is probably doing so non-stop in a fit of rage, I don't think ideas go too far past "How do I not die" considering that appeared to be pretty one sided.

Frieza had enough time to transform, he could have used that time to blow up the planet and win.

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
1 month ago#5
I'm assuming Frieza knows it would probably piss Beerus off if he just destroyed Earth like that.

Also the reason he doesn't just blow it up from space and kill Goku and his friends that way.
Prepare to have your Scales Tipped!
Official Robin of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: ssgvegeto

ssgvegeto
1 month ago#6
Wasn't the whole hour two Fusion goof-ups thing a Toei gag decision for nostalgia pandering that just made the movie even more inconsistent? Between laughs and chuckles and actual story logic and consistency, Toei always goes with the former.
https://imgur.com/gtjHMvJ

User Info: Graycap

Graycap
4 weeks ago#7
Frieza wanted the Dragon Balls that time, and he can't make a wish if he kills the relevant Namekians by accident. He would remember that from when he got screwed over on Namek.

Also as far as he knows, he failed to ever successfully blow up the earth, and got obliterated by Goku the second he tried it. There's no reason for him to think Broly wouldn't do the same.
Say it on your main.

DarthAya44
4 weeks ago#8
SSJGPiccles posted...
I'm assuming Frieza knows it would probably piss Beerus off if he just destroyed Earth like that.

Also the reason he doesn't just blow it up from space and kill Goku and his friends that way.

So Frieza won't destroy Earth for fear of pissing Beerus off, but will destroy it in RoF while Beerus is on the planet and after he told Frieza to not damage his dessert? That don't make sense.

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
4 weeks ago#9
DarthAya44 posted...
So Frieza won't destroy Earth for fear of pissing Beerus off, but will destroy it in RoF while Beerus is on the planet and after he told Frieza to not damage his dessert? That don't make sense.
Frieza had death coming right at him at the time. It was destroy Earth and risk repercussions or die right there.

In Broly, Frieza's never worried about Broly actually killing him.
Prepare to have your Scales Tipped!
Official Robin of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: superman 2000

superman 2000
4 weeks ago#10
It doesn’t make sense. Broly is obviously much stronger than Frieza, but plot won’t let Frieza actually die or even take meaningful damage. He would have realistically tried to blow up the planet at some point, like every other villain when they can’t win. Super sucks.
I don't hold grudges. Let's vehemently argue today and casually have a beer together tomorrow.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. So why didn't Frieza blow up the Earth again against Broly?
  • Topic Archived