This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. What is the higher power gap for Gohan in Z?

User Info: God_of_Magic

God_of_Magic
1 month ago#11
UndefeatedGOAT posted...
Not if I argue that savior if earth, main protag ss2 gohan was a peak he never reached again
Well, I think that was suppose to happen in the Buu Saga too but they decided to go back to it being the Goku show. Outside of that, I agree, him in the Cell Saga was his peak.
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#12
UndefeatedGOAT posted...
Not if I argue that savior if earth, main protag ss2 gohan was a peak he never reached again

How much stronger than Cell was he? 25% stronger?

Fwahm posted...
Transformed Garlic Jr. was at somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-2 million since Piccolo could keep up to some degree, so his minions must have been below that, so let's say somewhere around 500k.

I think Kid Gohan and the Spice Boys was the biggest difference, since he was likely somewhere in the vague neighborhood of a hundred times stronger, and possibly even more. He also killed them the fastest, with a single unnamed energy blast for each of them.

If Kid Gohan wasn't stronger than Garlic Jr, and rewatching the fight it's unclear if he is out and out stronger, despite being able to deal blows that would destroy him if not for immortality, then he's not hundreds of times stronger than 500k Spice Boys. Destroying them in one blast, he'd only have to be 20% (not 20x) stronger than them.

Djyc21215 posted...
Ultimate Gohan and Super Buu by far.

Err so what, you think he's like 200x stronger than Super Buu? I thought he was only 30% stronger at most, as when Buutenks loses a third of his power, Gohan can beat him.

DBZAOTA482 posted...
SSJ2 Gohan mortally wounded Bojack with a simple punch. That's an insane gap.

Not really, he could punch through Super Buu base just as easily. The ability to pierce tissue is still dependent upon strength as we see others like Tiens blast can't penetrate him. He's able to blow up Frieza with one punch in fusion movie and cell Jrs he can kick in half, those are when he's absolutely stronger.

My point is, I don't know if him punching a hole in Bojack indicates a higher gap between them, then when he fights Super Buu, although thinking about it now, I don't know if he ever actually punched a hole through him. I think the gap there is similar. But you might be right.

God_of_Magic posted...
Ya, Cell took a few hits from SS2 Gohan. Bojack got a hole in his chest. How often do we see someone just punch a hole through someone?

His fight with Bojack was after Cell. He's arguably stronger there, therefore we can theorize he'd do the same to Cell with that power.

My rankings:

1. Gohan vs Bojack = highest power gap.
2. Gohan vs Super Buu
3. Gohan vs Spice Boys
4. Gohan vs Cell.

Vs Bojack, he is able to be drained of some power by his minions and still have enough energy to punch through Bojack, let alone charge a kamehameha and punch through him almost concurrently.

Vs Super Buu, he's able to dominate Super Buu, but he doesn't allow himself to lose energy unlike with Bojack, not really his fault, just the situation. Therefore I don't think the gap is larger, plus I think he is helped by his 'mystic/ultimate' state, where he doesn't expend energy through idle combustion.

Vs Spice Boys.....I don't think the gap needs to be large for him to one shot them as he gets angry. In early DBZ, just being a few percent stronger meant you could defeat the opponent easily. the gap between Cell jr is larger, so obviously he's not on the poll. Still it's sizeable enough to warrant them being here, as he doesn't seem able to over power them as easily as the others, yet he is able to unleash a blast strong enough to destroy them. As I said, I don't think that means the gap is too large.

Vs Cell......During battle, Cell pumps up his power to become 'more powerful' but he then cannot touch Gohan, who is faster. Plus he doesn't dominate him in fighting anywhere near as complete as the others. The only reason he breaks down is because he's incredibly fragile to heavy blows. I think his blow against Bojack was stronger.

Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: UndefeatedGOAT

UndefeatedGOAT
1 month ago#13
Idk enough to kill him

Its hard to gauge strength in db cause every villain has bulls*** regeneration that doesnt even require them to eat food.

Cell could have been way weaker then them but keeping up because of regeneration. Cell and Buu should have been obliterated several times

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#14
UndefeatedGOAT posted...
Idk enough to kill him

Its hard to gauge strength in db cause every villain has bulls*** regeneration that doesnt even require them to eat food.

Cell could have been way weaker then them but keeping up because of regeneration. Cell and Buu should have been obliterated several times

So how would you rank the gaps, like I did above?
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: DBZAOTA482

DBZAOTA482
1 month ago#15
Sega9599 posted...
How much stronger than Cell was he? 25% stronger?
Almost 2x stronger than Perfect Cell at full power.
I'm not a victim.

User Info: UndefeatedGOAT

UndefeatedGOAT
1 month ago#16
Sega9599 posted...

So how would you rank the gaps, like I did above?

Without regen and immortality I feel like most of the villains die the first time their blown up

I think hit and jiren are the first non immortal main antagonists since frieza

I have no clue how you scale them minus their lazy plot device regen

User Info: Fwahm

Fwahm
1 month ago#17
Sega9599 posted...
If Kid Gohan wasn't stronger than Garlic Jr, and rewatching the fight it's unclear if he is out and out stronger, despite being able to deal blows that would destroy him if not for immortality, then he's not hundreds of times stronger than 500k Spice Boys. Destroying them in one blast, he'd only have to be 20% (not 20x) stronger than them.
He wasn't raging anymore when he fought Garlic afterwards, so that doesn't mean anything. The anime is consistent in that each time Gohan rages he's stronger than he was before, and he was strong enough to beat down 50% Frieza for a bit the previous time he did so in the anime.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. What is the higher power gap for Gohan in Z?
  • Topic Archived