This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Actually, Belmod being weaker than Jiren COULD still work..

User Info: SupremeGod91

SupremeGod91
1 month ago#11
Graycap posted...
There is nothing suggesting that Sidra is the weakest GoD in the manga.

It's only an assumption that people made based on the anime regarding Frieza overcoming his mini-Hakai. But the simple fact that Frieza later got utterly wrecked by an amateur GoD should show the mini-Hakai was nowhere near Sidra's real power.
It’s not just that.. It’s the fact that he’s the GoD of the universe with the lowest mortal ranking..

So naturally, fans assumed that must be the case for its Gods aswell..

User Info: Djyc21215

Djyc21215
1 month ago#12
Graycap posted...
There is nothing suggesting that Sidra is the weakest GoD in the manga.

It's only an assumption that people made based on the anime regarding Frieza overcoming his mini-Hakai. But the simple fact that Frieza later got utterly wrecked by an amateur GoD should show the mini-Hakai was nowhere near Sidra's real power.

Or that Toei made all the GoD's weak in Anime filler. If the Manga never came out, Jiren fanboys would have a very strong argument that he surpassed all the GoDs.

User Info: Georgie-Porgie

Georgie-Porgie
1 month ago#13
SupremeGod91 posted...
After rereading the Battle Royale again between the GoDs, something became more clear to me.. Belmod has been revealed to be nothing more than a trickster! He cheats, and will do anything to win.

1. First, he attacks Sidra (the WEAKEST GoD!) when his guard is down. Especially with Sidra believing Belmod to be on his side, as all of them were going against Beerus and fighting together..
2. Secondly, he than PARALYZES everyone with a special unfair technique and then is trying to kill all of the other Gods with a “card (trickster) technique”...
3. Finally, he played dead at the end of the fight to avoid getting beaten up. And he was obviously going to JUMP the winner between Beerus and Quitella!
So Jiren > Belmod in terms of pure fighting power/strength (ki amount).

This means that once Vegeta achieves GoD powers by the end of this arc, he’ll be >>>> Jiren > Belmod >>> GoD Toppo.

Although we don’t know for certain how strong Sidra is in the Manga, I could easily see a current GoD Vegeta >>> Sidra.

This ofcourse doesn’t mean that I LIKE the fact that Belmod is so weak ofcourse!
Belmod was also stepping down. Hyping Jiren up to be his superior makes sense so it could be feasible that he lied as he didn't want the other GoDs to think his successor is even weaker.

User Info: Graycap

Graycap
1 month ago#14
Djyc21215 posted...

Or that Toei made all the GoD's weak in Anime filler. If the Manga never came out, Jiren fanboys would have a very strong argument that he surpassed all the GoDs.

True, I think the anime just knew it was ending soon and therefore didn't see a reason to wait to have Goku surpass the GoDs.
Say it on your main.

User Info: Marikina

Marikina
1 month ago#15
I don't know why Belmod gets flack for playing possum during the battle royale. The end of the match showed that his only other options are either to be barely standing (Beerus, Quietla) or down on the ground (everyone else), that's how close the GoDs were to each other. Therefore playing possum to stay fresh and picking apart the winner of Beerus/Quietla was the most optimal play.

User Info: St-Nickyyy

St-Nickyyy
1 month ago#16
Marikina posted...
I don't know why Belmod gets flack for playing possum during the battle royale. The end of the match showed that his only other options are either to be barely standing (Beerus, Quietla) or down on the ground (everyone else), that's how close the GoDs were to each other. Therefore playing possum to stay fresh and picking apart the winner of Beerus/Quietla was the most optimal play.
I agree Belmod being better than Jiren could still work. They could dial it back and say Jiren is marginally stronger but Belmond is a much better strategist and has better techniques - a form of UI and/or Hakai.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Actually, Belmod being weaker than Jiren COULD still work..
  • Topic Archived