This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. WHAT IF.... Goku and Vegeta will never fully surpass Beerus and reach Whis?

User Info: SupremeGod91

SupremeGod91
1 month ago#1
This is a theory of mine..

But what if Beerus really IS the end goal for Goku to reach?

What if the STORY will end with Goku fighting on par with Beerus and finally “defeating” him after a really long a tough battle??

What if that is THE END of Goku’s story and EVOLUTION?!

What if mortals like Goku have a neccesary end potential? A PLATEAU.. A “WALL”... That they just can’t seem to overcome, no matter what?

What if Beerus is that wall?

What if Beerus is still many millions of times stronger than Goku and Vegeta, and the hints were true! ..... The story really IS a battle/competition between Whis’ students???!

Right now, Beerus is Whis’ best and most powerful student ever!

Beerus himself was born a mortal... Just like Goku and Vegeta..! Only difference is, he took up the mantle of God of Destruction, and became one, OFFICIALLY!

It’s not too far fetched that Beerus-sama would be Goku and Vegeta’s permanent limit..

Considering he has lived and trained for HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years!

What do you guys think?

Goku and Vegeta never reaching Angel level, but maxing out at Beerus’ level after a few long and hard decades of battle?

Even if Goku reaches a HIGHER mastery over Ultra Instinct than the Grand Priest himself!

That doesn’t mean Goku will surpass or even come anywhere CLOSE to the Grand Priest in terms of sheer power.. Just that he has a higher level of control over the technique of UI than him..

And the Grand Priest and the Angels simply have MUCH higher power levels than Goku and co!

Goku (mortal) has the highest level of Ultra Instinct in existence = Equal to Beerus on the battlefield (who has the highest level of “destruction” control in existence.)

With Goku naturally coming out on top of Beerus after a long and hard battle.

(Or he’s allowed to be somewhat stronger even!) That’s fine aswell!

But NEVER reaching the level of power requiered to beat Whis!

User Info: Djyc21215

Djyc21215
1 month ago#2
Toriyama said in like 2015 "As of right now there are no plans for Goku to ever surpass Beerus or Whis".

I think this will remain true for a very long time. Unless you count fusion, they probably won't ever be directly above Beerus's battle power.

User Info: MUIGogito

MUIGogito
1 month ago#3
This would have been fine if they didn’t rush into GoD level antagonists like Jiren, Broly and Moro.

User Info: yakashamonian

yakashamonian
1 month ago#4
A theory I put in my topic is that Beerus already shown his at least current physical power in ToP. I feel like the way Beerus is trying to teach Vegeta is a lot of his additional power comes from Hakai. Which is why, if his power is limitless, Whis can always keep him in check.

Beerus can get tired of Whis's crap. But could never take Whis, because he'd never be capable of Hakai'ing Whis due to his ultra instinct.

Beerus saying his power is limitless blah blah. Falls in line with his technique could make Vegeta surpass Goku. Mastery of Hakai may mean Beerus could technically create abilities strong enough to surpass even Whis and his True MUI. But Physically without the destruction energy he can not. Thus why in ToP he isn't mopping the floor with Belmond. Because he can't use his Hakai because it's a full on kill move.

This would allow Vegeta to technically surpass Goku in terms of power and technique. While still sliding Goku in as number 1 hero because in video game terms. Vegeta is a Glass canon, Goku will be more of a bruiser.
discord wazuki#0831 B.net Wazuki1694

SupremeGod91
1 month ago#5
Djyc21215 posted...
Toriyama said in like 2015 "As of right now there are no plans for Goku to ever surpass Beerus or Whis".

I think this will remain true for a very long time. Unless you count fusion, they probably won't ever be directly above Beerus's battle power.
”At the moment...” he added.

SupremeGod91
1 month ago#6
Remember what Beerus and the Oracle Fish both stated...

Strongest Rivals!!!

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
1 month ago#7
That would be good. Beerus already said his power is unlimited. Goku nor Vegeta HAVE to surpass Beerus or reach Angel tier.
When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then IMO it has
become a society that's not worth saving.

User Info: chente405

chente405
1 month ago#8
SupremeGod91 posted...
This is a theory of mine..

But what if Beerus really IS the end goal for Goku to reach?

What if the STORY will end with Goku fighting on par with Beerus and finally “defeating” him after a really long a tough battle??

What if that is THE END of Goku’s story and EVOLUTION?!

What if mortals like Goku have a neccesary end potential? A PLATEAU.. A “WALL”... That they just can’t seem to overcome, no matter what?

What if Beerus is that wall?

What if Beerus is still many millions of times stronger than Goku and Vegeta, and the hints were true! ..... The story really IS a battle/competition between Whis’ students???!

Right now, Beerus is Whis’ best and most powerful student ever!

Beerus himself was born a mortal... Just like Goku and Vegeta..! Only difference is, he took up the mantle of God of Destruction, and became one, OFFICIALLY!

It’s not too far fetched that Beerus-sama would be Goku and Vegeta’s permanent limit..

Considering he has lived and trained for HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years!

What do you guys think?

Goku and Vegeta never reaching Angel level, but maxing out at Beerus’ level after a few long and hard decades of battle?

Even if Goku reaches a HIGHER mastery over Ultra Instinct than the Grand Priest himself!

That doesn’t mean Goku will surpass or even come anywhere CLOSE to the Grand Priest in terms of sheer power.. Just that he has a higher level of control over the technique of UI than him..

And the Grand Priest and the Angels simply have MUCH higher power levels than Goku and co!

Goku (mortal) has the highest level of Ultra Instinct in existence = Equal to Beerus on the battlefield (who has the highest level of “destruction” control in existence.)

With Goku naturally coming out on top of Beerus after a long and hard battle.

(Or he’s allowed to be somewhat stronger even!) That’s fine aswell!

But NEVER reaching the level of power requiered to beat Whis!
hahahahaha dude are you aware of what you just wrote ? xD ,if goku got a higher mastery of UI than the grand priest he would one shot beerus and whis easily xD this beerus fans , holy s*** , i thought i would never read s*** post like this..

SupremeGod91
1 month ago#9
chente405 posted...
hahahahaha dude are you aware of what you just wrote ? xD ,if goku got a higher mastery of UI than the grand priest he would one shot beerus and whis easily xD this beerus fans , holy s*** , i thought i would never read s*** post like this..
Not if his power level is almost infinitely weaker..

User Info: chente405

chente405
1 month ago#10
SupremeGod91 posted...
Not if his power level is almost infinitely weaker..
wtf? goku's power level is higher with MUI , better mastery of UI means , more speed,reflexes and raw power , at least for goku and thats what the manga has showed
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. WHAT IF.... Goku and Vegeta will never fully surpass Beerus and reach Whis?
  • Topic Archived