This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. DBZ Movie 8. Broly is beating up the Z fighters and Gohan gets pissed.

User Info: Fanboi

Fanboi
1 month ago#51
Broly was stated to be stronger than Cell by his creator Koyama for his first movie.

This would mean that he would still be below SS2 Gohan since that guy practically tortures Cell.

However, Movie 10 Broly is stronger than SS2 Gohan from Cell Saga.

User Info: God_of_Magic

God_of_Magic
1 month ago#52
SevenX posted...
Neither would M8 Broly, what's your point? SS2 Gohan used less effort against 7 SS tiers than Broly ever done against 5 SS tiers and still did better than Broly. Cell slaughters these fighters Broly faced. SS2 Gohan slaughters Broly and it's not close. What made you believe M8 Broly can beat SS2 Gohan?

Believe it or not, you're actually not really telling me anything I don't know. This is one of the reasons Cell is very underrated and is always underestimated. I have M8 Broly stronger than the strongest form of SSJ at that time, which is MSSJ. SS2 never was around as well as Cell's Full Power when the movie was in development. There are others that have M8 Broly = FP Perfect Cell.*
Bad comparison considering the Cell Jrs are not main characters. Of course they can get killed with ease, they're meaningless and were only used as a power display to hype SS2 Gohan. I was saying M10 Broly would beat SS2 CG Gohan.

M8 Broly's feats show him above all the SS guys while still in his restricted form. He would then be able to use SS and LSS to further amplify his power many times over. How much stronger do you think suppressed Cell is over FP Cell?

Stocking his prey? Plays with his food? Who told you that? Where did you get all that nonsense from? Broly's not one who holds back. He went all-out and Gohan still put up a fight better than everyone he fought previously. Broly is toying with him? You're better than this.

Broly is more of a joke than a threat in Buu Saga. 1st movie, he fought all the main cast. 2nd movie, he fought Videl, the kids, and Gohan. Goku shown at the very end. There's a reason why Buu Saga Vegeta wasn't around. Stop thinking he's indestructible. Gohan hurt him and overpowered him. Imagine that was Vegeta, or Gohan and Vegeta together? Broly going to have a hard fight.
Almost every main villian is holding back and somehow has more power in reserve he was sandbagging. Cell could have just killed Goku if he wanted to at full power, yet he didn't. Just because he didn't, doesn't mean he couldn't. Broly literally walks them down, laughs in their faces, and even goes for a pogo jump on Goku's stomach. If he was bloodlusted he would just insta-disintegrate them on the spot. He was so much stronger they would have died on the spot.

You still spent your time replied to me, meaning I'm doing a good job correcting you. You shouldn't even bother to reply me from the get-go and go about your business. Just like the majority of posters in this board can't change other users in those Buu debate topics that been going around for years.
You're doing a good job of showing your Broly hate. If I shouldn't respond because people won't change their mind, then why are you responding and @ me on all of your post? That's a two way street.

You believe Broly is stronger than Cell with unfair arguments that other DBZ fans and Broly fanboys used years ago, and nonsensical things like Goku told Gohan to back off from Broly when he didn't do that with Cell. HE WOULD HAVE DONE THE EXACT SAME THING WITH BROLY TOO. You have to remember that not only Gohan is much weaker than Goku and don't have access to SS2. @supermichael11 pointed this out already. I noticed the difference since before 2010. Even Vegeta and Trunks in M8 are ASS, same ones who Cell already whooped. Stop being blind af.
You can't have it both ways. Their power is either in the movie universe or main timeline. If Vegeta and Trunks had ASSJ, then Goku and Gohan has MSS and Gohan had access to SS2 via main timeline powers. You said Gohan was the weakest. If he is, than how did Vegeta with ASSJ have the worst showing of all the fighters? You said they were close in power. If Vegeta and Trunks have ASSJ then its not possible. Never were Goku/Gohan similar to Vegeta /Trunks in power. They were weaker first because Vegeta/Trunks went into the HBTC first, then they stronger when they came out. The father/son teams were not on equal footings when they had ASSJ. This is either movie powers or Pre-Cell Games.

But Base Gohan fought equally with SS Broly! Base Gohan tagging with Broly in this movie doesn't mean jacks***. It's meaningless, hype-building fluff that bring more complications that TOEI Animation is so fond of doing in the movies, like Meta-Cooler, 13-15, Broly, Bojack, Janemba, Not only in movies, but in Anime too, like Dabura and Pikkon which I'll talk about that later. Even M10 was released after Gohan is known to be weaker for a while.
...Uh, ya it does. It means Gohan got much stronger. Here you go again. Its either their movie power or main timeline, not both as you see fit. Pick one, either way your wrong. If it's movie power, then Gohan got insanely stronger. If it's main timeline power, then how did Gohan fight a stronger Broly, solo too, with a weaker power and not get trashed even harder?

Broly had time to prepare as he threw couple of ki blast at it. But.. but.. the attack didn't go past Broly Ki barrier. Broly died in the sun. Broly used the barrier and still got beaten into the sun.... The KHH was much stronger and the Sun is just a bonus. What else do I have to tell you? Broly dies either way. It's not rocket science. After Trunks disrupted his Blast, his blast itself couldn't overpower the KHH, just like before when Goku first appeared in M10. It's weak.
Pushing someone back does not mean your stronger. Gohan in M10 pushed Broly back. You think he was stronger than Broly was? He doesn't die either way. If the sun is not in that exact, plot induced place, Broly comes right back with zero damage. It never touched him. How hard is that to understand?

Base Goku kept up with Pikkon,in his weighted clothing, and struggle/on par with Goku in his SS form in the later episodes. Pikkon stated that Goku gotten stronger due to training, but Base Goku kept up with Pikkon in his weighted clothing is still oddly exaggerated especially when Pikkon could easily beat Goku after what he saw what happened to Cell. That's TOEI-logic example where I don't take it seriously unless you want to tell me that Goku can beat Cell too, in his Base form only? Now, I know you'd not answer that in confidence.

Goku said only Janemba and Buu pushed to SS3 in M12, which strongly implied that Goku beat Broly on his own.
He never needed Pikkon's help just to beat Broly.
Goku got unquantifiably stronger, and he even mentions Pikkon was holding back when he hits him and says he didn't dodge because he knew Goku's hits couldn't hurt him. Pikkon was weighted AND holding back. Pikkon used more power vs Cell.

Then why didn't they just send Goku OR Pikkon alone then?
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.

User Info: bvillebro

bvillebro
1 month ago#53
ssj2 kid gohan one shots Movie 8 broly

gets annihalated by Movie 10 broly
Learning something new everyday

User Info: SevenX

SevenX
1 month ago#54
You said If I shouldn't respond because people won't change their mind, then asked me why I responded at you on all of my post?

You're asking yourself that question, @God_of_Magic You're starting messaging me and @Kwinza is the witness as the user saw the whole thing. I didn't made you do it. Nobody forced you to do it at gunpoint. You did it on on your accord. I replied, just like as if it was the other way around.

Then what made you do it? For what purpose? I had seen your posts, and you said the very same arguments that other people had been long debunked. You may think I'm being c***y, but I done this before with DB fans who said the same things you said. I corrected yours. Also, whether you think I'm a Broly hater or not, it's irrelevant. One thing I know I never did is I downplay Broly. Unlike what you did with Cell. There's a clear difference between you and I.

Also, you can have it both ways. There's no "Goku told Gohan to back off from Broly because he's stronger" That's your headcanon. The same way Goku invited Gohan to fight Cell, Goku would done the same exact thing to Broly too. You made it so complicated. Why do you think he won't? Because he's Broly? Who gives a f***?
You also have to remember that Cell could have fought all of them fighters just as easily as Broly had done.

You asked that how did Gohan fight a stronger Broly, solo too, with a weaker power and not get trashed even harder? Really?
The same reason Base Gohan kept up with Dabura, who is Cell's level. The same reason why SS2 Goku somehow keep up with Kid Buu and tank his strongest blast, whereas Majin Vegeta, who's about the same level as Goku, got trashed by Fat Buu. SS2 Goku didn't even get stronger and Zenkai are irrelevant since Freeza arc, while Broly and Cell are the exceptions. You took it for granted that you actually believe Base Gohan is more powerful when that's not the case. Base Gohan being so powerful in SS Broly, meaning in his SS2 form, he should be Buu tier, which is not even true.

They even have SSJ Goku can keep up with Mystic Gohan. That means nothing, but them just wanting to build up drama, and you took it seriously. *Facepalm* If you don't like the answer, not my problem. You're not going to find someone with a totally different answer.

Broly took massive damage from the KKH that could have killed him. He was in pain groaning in agony. You think he's only acting? That's why he panicked and if it didn't do no damage, he'd tank it right on the spot or the barrier itself he generated wouldn't penetrated. Three SS1s > M10 Broly.

About Pikkon. Either he's above SS2 tier like SS2 Gohan or Cell, or he's FP Perfect Cell tier. If Pikkon is so greater than Cell before 7 years later, then he'd done the same to Broly by himself since he should be stronger years later than he was who trashed Cell. We talking about someone who casually knocked out Cell, not even SS2 Gohan can do that and Broly can't even do that to a weaker Gohan.

Goku mentioned he was weaker than Majin Buu when he admitted to Janemba, and he still able to trash Broly on his own based on implications shown in Bio-Broly and Fusion Reborn. Broly is not SS3 tier, nor he is Buu tier. Both Broly and Cell are trash to SS2 Goku. Broly and Cell are not far apart from each other in terms of power. Pikkon loses to Broly which is more than likely the case.

Who cares if the Cell Jrs are not main characters. Dabura is not a main character in Buu Saga, but he's still Cell level. Broly can't even one - shotted SS fighters that are on par, or even weaker than Cell Jrs. in his strongest form. That's not impressive. All seven Cell Jrs. can hurt and even overwhelmed Broly, especially in his restricted form. The gap between Suppressed Cell and FP Perfect Cell is bigger. He has Freeza's DNA., and Freeza is very known to have such a gigantic high base power.

Let that said, I'm finished. Just agree and disagree because I not doing this any longer.

User Info: God_of_Magic

God_of_Magic
1 month ago#55
SevenX posted...
You said If I shouldn't respond because people won't change their mind, then asked me why I responded at you on all of my post?

You're asking yourself that question, @God_of_Magic You're starting messaging me and @Kwinza is the witness as the user saw the whole thing. I didn't made you do it. Nobody forced you to do it at gunpoint. You did it on on your accord. I replied, just like as if it was the other way around.
The same thing I did, I responded. You responding to my response doesn't absolve you from doing so. Nobody forced you to keep going either. I responded because I have a difference of opinion. Can't handle someone having a different perspective?

Then what made you do it? For what purpose? I had seen your posts, and you said the very same arguments that other people had been long debunked. You may think I'm being c***y, but I done this before with DB fans who said the same things you said. I corrected yours. Also, whether you think I'm a Broly hater or not, it's irrelevant. One thing I know I never did is I downplay Broly. Unlike what you did with Cell. There's a clear difference between you and I.
If you have debunked so many people in the past, then why have you failed to change my mind? Sounds like you're stroking your ego. All you have done is mutter feats that Cell has that Broly performed when he was severely powered down in a suppressed state. Your inability to see that is in fact a big difference between you and me.

Also, you can have it both ways. There's no "Goku told Gohan to back off from Broly because he's stronger" That's your headcanon. The same way Goku invited Gohan to fight Cell, Goku would done the same exact thing to Broly too. You made it so complicated. Why do you think he won't? Because he's Broly? Who gives a f***?
You also have to remember that Cell could have fought all of them fighters just as easily as Broly had done.
I said Goku told Gohan to leave because Broly threatened Gohan indirectly. This is whether Broly is stronger or not. Then there's the fact Goku invited Gohan against Cell because he thought Gohan could beat Cell. He has non of that confidence in Gohan against Broly. It's rather telling.

If suppressed Cell is equal to the Cell Jrs, whom Vegeta, Trunks, and Piccolo fought evenly with, then Cell would not have beaten all of them without powering up. Meanwhile, you said all the Z fighters were near each other in power in M8. So, if SS Vegeta couldn't even get Broly's attention with a kick and ki blast, let alone hurt him, what makes you think Broly couldn't waste all of them while restricted?

You asked that how did Gohan fight a stronger Broly, solo too, with a weaker power and not get trashed even harder? Really?
The same reason Base Gohan kept up with Dabura, who is Cell's level. The same reason why SS2 Goku somehow keep up with Kid Buu and tank his strongest blast, whereas Majin Vegeta, who's about the same level as Goku, got trashed by Fat Buu. SS2 Goku didn't even get stronger and Zenkai are irrelevant since Freeza arc, while Broly and Cell are the exceptions. You took it for granted that you actually believe Base Gohan is more powerful when that's not the case. Base Gohan being so powerful in SS Broly, meaning in his SS2 form, he should be Buu tier, which is not even true.
Hears what you sound like:

When Gohan is SS2/CG Gohan, "he's ultra strong and would beat Broly."
When Gohan loses to Broly, "he ultra weak and didn't get any stronger."

So, coping?

Broly took massive damage from the KKH that could have killed him. He was in pain groaning in agony. You think he's only acting? That's why he panicked and if it didn't do no damage, he'd tank it right on the spot or the barrier itself he generated wouldn't penetrated. Three SS1s > M10 Broly.
He took zero damage. it never touched him. Why are you trying to fight something that is clearly shown? The sun is what kills him. Your denial is strong.

If Gohan was a SS1 then how did he do anything to a stronger Broly, when he got weaker in the main time line? Literally not possible for him to have been SS1 and weaker than he was previously and do anything to Broly.

If its movie time line, and he was SS1, then he has to have gotten insanely stronger. This would make his M10 base > Vegeta's M8 SS form. That's > 50x stronger.

Gohan was either massively stronger and still got trashed or you're wrong about him being SS1. Take your pick.

About Pikkon. Either he's above SS2 tier like SS2 Gohan or Cell, or he's FP Perfect Cell tier. If Pikkon is so greater than Cell before 7 years later, then he'd done the same to Broly by himself since he should be stronger years later than he was who trashed Cell. We talking about someone who casually knocked out Cell, not even SS2 Gohan can do that and Broly can't even do that to a weaker Gohan.
Pikkon can't be FP Cell in power. If he was, how did he so casually two-hit what would have been SPC who is stronger than FP Cell? Pikkon is clear SS2 level.

Goku mentioned he was weaker than Majin Buu when he admitted to Janemba, and he still able to trash Broly on his own based on implications shown in Bio-Broly and Fusion Reborn. Broly is not SS3 tier, nor he is Buu tier. Both Broly and Cell are trash to SS2 Goku. Broly and Cell are not far apart from each other in terms of power. Pikkon loses to Broly which is more than likely the case.

Who cares if the Cell Jrs are not main characters. Dabura is not a main character in Buu Saga, but he's still Cell level. Broly can't even one - shotted SS fighters that are on par, or even weaker than Cell Jrs. in his strongest form. That's not impressive. All seven Cell Jrs. can hurt and even overwhelmed Broly, especially in his restricted form. The gap between Suppressed Cell and FP Perfect Cell is bigger. He has Freeza's DNA., and Freeza is very known to have such a gigantic high base power.

Let that said, I'm finished. Just agree and disagree because I not doing this any longer.
I agree that Pikkon and Broly should be < SS3 Goku. However, Pikkon is SS2 tier, and if you think Pikkon loses to Broly, then that would make Broly >>> SPC. Goku tells us that King Kai asked Goku and Pikkon to fight Broly. Which means King Kia thought one wasn't enough. Even if you call Pikkon the weak link here and expect Goku to do the heavy lifting, this still put Broly above Pikkon like you said. Which means Broly is >>> Cell. Broly literally 1-shots SS Vegeta with a clothesline. Are you blind? Broly tanking SS Vegeta while restrained is very impressive.

You're comparing Broly to Cell Jrs now, lol? Main timeline: Vegeta = Cell Jr, Broly rekt him in one shot. Movie timeline: Broly is unquantifiably stronger than SS Vegeta in his restricted form. The Cell Jrs are Restricted Broly in power at best.

The gap between Suppressed and FP Cell is not that big. What do you think it was? 50% more, 2x, 10x? Meanwhile, Broly couldn't even turn into a proper SS with the mind control devise on his head, which is 50x. Then his LSS form on top of that. Even if you lowball Broly severely and say he could use up to half his SS form (25x) and that LSS was a pitiful 2x multiplier, then Broly from restricted to LSS is >50x stronger at the absolute minimal with room for way more. Versus Cell's 0.5-10x multiplier? Saying Cell powered up more than Broly, even with a lowball in favor of Cell, is laughable.

k, bye.
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. DBZ Movie 8. Broly is beating up the Z fighters and Gohan gets pissed.
  • Topic Archived