This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Gohan's character needs a shakeup

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
1 month ago#1
It's fine if he's gonna be a loser who lost his touch but there's so much Super could do with that. Give him something to fight for
"This is your last dance."

User Info: Simplexible

Simplexible
1 month ago#2
By "lost his touch" I'm guessing you mean there was something different and better about the old Gohan. What was that?

User Info: Brian-wave

Brian-wave
1 month ago#3
Simplexible posted...
By "lost his touch" I'm guessing you mean there was something different and better about the old Gohan. What was that?
H-he um...he, uh, did t-that thing...where he, uh, and then he, um...and he also...and...yeah!!!

User Info: Inglebird

Inglebird
1 month ago#4
There's no point. He knows daddy Goku and uncle Vegeta will take care of it. He doesn't like it either so he'll just go about his work I guess.

User Info: jeffhardyb0yz

jeffhardyb0yz
1 month ago#5
He should have been like fighterZ Gohan. He trains to protect the ones he loves. It’s literally that easy
Hollywood Jeff- "They hate me cause they ain't me"
https://i.imgur.com/MAzeT1F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/feUMOS5.jpg

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
1 month ago#6
He needs to die and be forgotten.
When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then IMO it has
become a society that's not worth saving.

User Info: SS2Matt

SS2Matt
1 month ago#7
They did, they had an episode focused on it being his family. He just continued to fail from there.
"You truly are the Lord of the Rings" - Frildo Boggins

User Info: Inglebird

Inglebird
1 month ago#8
lilhurk1985187 posted...
He needs to die and be forgotten.
Unless you're Android 16, no important good guy will ever stay dead, so this series must cause you...a lot of mental anguish.

User Info: NobleWill8

NobleWill8
1 month ago#9
The biggest problem with Gohan is that it's very difficult to create a happy ending for him and keep the viewers satisfied at the same time. Right now, Gohan's living his perfect life, but people still aren't happy with it lol.

Admittedly, I think DBM's interpretation of Gohan is perfect.
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and create super lemons."

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
1 month ago#10
Simplexible posted...
Old Gohan was constantly growing and facing new adversities. He was constantly wrestling with his emotions. The Perfect Cell fight was a culmination of his character's story of this gentle child with a warrior's rage. In the Buu saga he doesn't really have a motivation to get stronger so he gets weaker....and he doesn't change himself to fix that problem. Elder Kai just fixed this issue for him. He doesn't get any character growth from this initial problem. Gohan at the beginning and end of Buu saga is the same dude but he got a girl that barely got screen time or development.

I want Gohan to find a real motivation to fight. I want him to do something to stand out. It's clear he's never gonna take the mantle like he was supposed to, but he's stuck in limbo now
"This is your last dance."
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Gohan's character needs a shakeup
  • Topic Archived