This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Gotenks and Gohan has more potential than Vegeta

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
1 month ago#1
Lets look at it logically, Vegeta best transformation he got was SS2 even though he got his potential unlocked by Babidi. Vegeta needed to get possessed just to barely surpass Cell Game Gohan as stated by Piccolo.
Without Whis then he wouldn't have leveled up anymore and remain a SS2 forever.

Gotenks just by training in the ROSAT and by their individuals watching and listening to Goku explain to Buu how Super Saiyan transformations works, Gotenks was able to achieve SS3. This is a transformation that no one has ever achieved except for Goku who was the first one.

Gohan he was the first one to achieve SS2, then when he got his potential unlocked that allowed Gohan to use his full power without transforming.

Now imagine if those two decided to train with Whis, Yardrat or Goku then those two would greatly surpass Vegeta
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum

User Info: DarthAya44

DarthAya44
1 month ago#2
So youre saying Vegeta's base after 7 years is still weaker than Cell Games Gohan's? Even after all that gravity training? As SS forms are multipliers of base that is your argument.

Thats a tough sell.

User Info: DB_Insider

DB_Insider
1 month ago#3
Vegeta pure fighting talent and battle tactics makes him superior to both of them

supermichael11
1 month ago#4
DarthAya44 posted...
So youre saying Vegeta's base after 7 years is still weaker than Cell Games Gohan's? Even after all that gravity training? As SS forms are multipliers of base that is your argument.

Thats a tough sell.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Vegeta wasn't sure if he surpass Gohan from the Cell Games, but he was sure that he surpassed Gohan that slacked off in the Buu Saga. Only when he got possessed is when he surpassed Gohan.

DB_Insider posted...
Vegeta pure fighting talent and battle tactics makes him superior to both of them

Vegeta couldn't figure out how to go beyond SS2 without anyone else, while Gotenks was a genius who came up with strong techniques and SS3 a difficult transformation.

Gohan in the Cell Games was beyond everyone in both power and skills, it was only when he slacked of that Gohan got rusty in fighting.

User Info: DB_Insider

DB_Insider
1 month ago#5
Vegeta's pride might be the reason he overlooked the other way of attaining ssj2. Even if he knew Goku was on to something after seeing how he could control at the first glance. But he opted to train harder because of the time contraints at that time before the cells game. Without the time limit he might reconsider his options but he believe that his way is the right way and no one else's. But that prove to be paying of in the long run. He was consistently training his body and attaining ssj2 that even stronger than cell saga gohan was while gohan was unsurprisingly slacking off after the cell arc.

User Info: DarthAya44

DarthAya44
1 month ago#6
supermichael11 posted...
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Vegeta wasn't sure if he surpass Gohan from the Cell Games, but he was sure that he surpassed Gohan that slacked off in the Buu Saga. Only when he got possessed is when he surpassed Gohan.

Evidence please?

Its an extraordinary claim to say that in 7 years of Vegeta's relentless training that Gohan of the Cell Games is still superior. You'd need some very good evidence for that. I mean manga scans.

User Info: deepsquid

deepsquid
1 month ago#7
Vegeta is a terrible fighter.

The only reason he is relevant is because he is only Saiyan who wants to train.

Gohan doesn't train.
Broly is superior, but he is not living on Earth.
Every other Saiyan is too young or died with Planet Vegeta.

I'm curious how Vegeta will NOT end up as GT Vegeta.

User Info: SupremeGod91

SupremeGod91
1 month ago#8
Yes they do. This is nothing new or surprising. It’s been common knowledge ever since the Buu arc.

supermichael11
1 month ago#9
DarthAya44 posted...
Evidence please?

Its an extraordinary claim to say that in 7 years of Vegeta's relentless training that Gohan of the Cell Games is still superior. You'd need some very good evidence for that. I mean manga scans.

Chapter: 465 (DBZ 271), P2.3-4
Context: as Vegeta fights Boo
Piccolo: “[Vegeta]’s already surpassed Super Saiyan as well…This is tremendous power…Perhaps even greater than Gohan’s when he fought Cell…But then…Even Gohan has been killed by Majin Boo…Why is Majin Boo as [strong?] as this?…”

Chapter: 426 (DBZ 232), P4.2-3
Context: Vegeta talks to Gohan
Vegeta: “At that time there was a large gap between our powers…But what about now? While you’ve been enjoying peace, I’ve continued to train.”
Bulma: “That’s right! He doesn’t work one bit! Just like your father! I guess Saiyans just don’t work.”
Note: "that time" was the Cell Games, presumably.

Vegeta is sure that Gohan hasn't gotten stronger but weaker instead.

I don't know where to find HQ scan, so another member will have to do that. The scans I know are low quality inaccurate.

Vegeta only claims he surpassed Cell Game Gohan when he is possessed and not before that.

User Info: MUIGogito

MUIGogito
1 month ago#10
supermichael11 posted...
I don't know where to find HQ scan, so another member will have to do that. The scans I know are low quality inaccurate.
Sure I’ll post them for you. Vegeta before majin:
https://i.imgur.com/VRWgrGL.jpg

Piccolo on Majin Vegeta:
https://i.imgur.com/jVFeOEZ.jpg

I thought Piccolo said that Majin Vegeta was ‘perhaps’ stronger than Kid Gohan in the Viz translation too but apparently not. Not that it matters because Vegeta also flat out said that SS2 Goku was stronger than SS2 Kid Gohan too.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Gotenks and Gohan has more potential than Vegeta
  • Topic Archived