This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Ultimate Gohan (Buu Saga) VS Kid Buu

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
4 months ago#21
I think Ult Gohan is stronger, but Kid Buu would win because Gohan sucks ass.

User Info: SuperSaiyanTien

SuperSaiyanTien
4 months ago#22
Gohan wins.

Goku was SSJ3 and fought Kid Buu. He was able to hold his own. Both Vegeta and Goku suggested that SSJ3 Goku would be enough to take out Kid Buu.

Vegeta: "While SS3 at full power, you can destroy him in an instant! Don't worry about me, just finish him off!"
Goku: "If I had a minute to gather my strength, I'd be able to defeat him."
(Chapter 512)

Goku was unable to destroy him because the strain of SSJ3 was too much. It was a (relatively) new form and thus it took too much out of him.

What does this have to do with Gohan? Gohan's power after getting his potential unlocked is either = to SSJ3 Goku or greater. I'd wager greater. Why? SSJ3 Goku was definitely stronger than Majin Buu, but Super Buu > Majin Buu. Gohan effortlessly dealt with Super Buu - so that at least means Gohan's power is greater than the SSJ3 Goku who fought Majin Buu. Greater because Gohan is powered up indefinitely with no drain / strain like SSJ puts on you.

So if SSJ3 Goku could take out Kid Buu (theoretically) if he wasn't experiencing the strain of the transformation, then Mystic Gohan sure as heck could - and a lot easier, too.
"Have you by any chance started a college fund for precious little Dispatch? do you pay him a $20/week allowance just to loaf about?" - Assassin17

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
4 months ago#23
SuperSaiyanTien posted...
Gohan wins.

Goku was SSJ3 and fought Kid Buu. He was able to hold his own. Both Vegeta and Goku suggested that SSJ3 Goku would be enough to take out Kid Buu.

Vegeta: "While SS3 at full power, you can destroy him in an instant! Don't worry about me, just finish him off!"
(Chapter 512)

Goku was unable to destroy him because the strain of SSJ3 was too much. It was a (relatively) new form and thus it took too much out of him.

What does this have to do with Gohan? Gohan's power after getting his potential unlocked is either = to SSJ3 Goku or greater. I'd wager greater. Why? SSJ3 Goku was definitely stronger than Majin Buu, but Super Buu > Majin Buu. Gohan effortlessly dealt with Super Buu - so that at least means Gohan's power is greater than the SSJ3 Goku who fought Majin Buu. Greater because Gohan is powered up indefinitely with no drain / strain like SSJ puts on you.

So if SSJ3 Goku could take out Kid Buu (theoretically) if he wasn't experiencing the strain of the transformation, then Mystic Gohan sure as heck could - and a lot easier, too.

User Info: the0rebirth

the0rebirth
4 months ago#24
SuperSaiyanTien posted...
Gohan wins.

(Chapter 512)

"The Dragon Ball Super anime is lowering the IQ of the characters so the DB fan base can relate to them better." -Acharyap28

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
4 months ago#25
Kid Buu wrecks Trashan. Goku and Kid Buu were the two strongest at the end of the Saga.
When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then IMO it has
become a society that's not worth saving.

User Info: OmniAlgusX

OmniAlgusX
4 months ago#26
Im not holding back anymore. Last chapter proves this right.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/6/8/0/AAeXfTAABCFY.jpg
Final proof that Buu makes people delusional: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000113-dragon-ball-general/79026206

User Info: Jadeite_McSwag

Jadeite_McSwag
4 months ago#27
DarthAya44 posted...
They could have brought Gohan over but didn't.

Nobody besides Goku mentioned it, and Goku quickly changed his mind.

Gohan himself didn't even mention it. Between Piccolo, Gohan, King Kai and Supreme Kai, they could ave arranged for Gohan to go there but they didn't. Thats the tale of the tape.
Don't forget when Goku mentioned it he said Gohan AND Gotenks. Why if Gohan is stronger would he bring in Gotenks who goofs around?

User Info: TaskmasterX

TaskmasterX
4 months ago#28
Man, people be LYING in here:

@Luminaire !!

Per the official material, Gohan goes from at bare minimum "rival" to Goku in the more conservative estimates (i.e., one V Jump)
This is true

@LowRyder2005
to comfortably above Goku in power and able to defeat Boo easily either alone, or with Gotenks' support. See scriptwriter interviews, The Legendary Manga, etc.

This is false.
The GT interview references a plot point they considered with Gohan. The Legendary Manga Guide does NOT say Gohan is stronger than Goku, it actually says the opposite. It also says that Gotenks AND Gohan are needed to beat Buu.

not that this NOT available outside Latin America.

The Dragonball Forever manga guide disputes this, outright saying gOmu and bUu are stronger. I literally don’t even give a s***, why am I doing this?

So, at worst, it's a SS3 Goku without stamina problems or -- more likely -- someone who can defeat Kid Boo much more easily than Goku. Unless we are to believe Goku was completely wrong in his assertions during the fight on the Kaioshin's planet, Boo gets vaporized eventually. At least sans candy beams or absorptions.
(edited 2 hours ago)

nah. If he could, Goku wouldn’t suggest him and Gotenks for something he can do on his own
(message deleted)

User Info: LowRyder2005

LowRyder2005
4 months ago#30
The guide's contents are by Shueisha/ Bird Studio and Kisosha, and they were only translated in various European languages. Even Hachette, the European publisher, makes a point about it.

"Hachette has worked closely with Shueisha, the Japanese editor of the Dragon Ball manga. It is Shueisha which creates the contents of the booklets, and specifically develops the molds of the figurines for this collection." (Hachette travaille en étroite collaboration avec l'éditeur Japonais du manga Dragon Ball: Shueisha. C'est Shueisha qui crée le contenu des fascicules et développe les moules des figurines spécialement pour cette collection.)

https://i.imgur.com/uE1jUve.png

In essence, they are the same people behind the Daizenshuu/ Chozenshuu. The guide also never states "Gohan and Gotenks" need to fight together, it just confirms that -- as bare minimum -- they make short work out of Boo if they do so. Dragon Ball Forever talking about a "powered-up" Boo likely implies that Boo was powering up or going all-out when he took on Goku (when he was acting all gorilla-like). Dragon Ball Forever still references Boohan as the "strongest Majin", regardless, and anyone could also spin around the whole screenshot of Mr. Boo's pod being removed in the same way, since it talks about how "removing the absorptions weakened Super Boo". This is also confirmed by the Legend of Manga, which explicitly talks about Super Boo as weakened by having Mr. Boo's absorption undone. Never saw anything about Goku being stronger than Gohan after the ritual in the same guides either.

Still, there is no argument to be made about Kid Boo being originally intended to be the strongest Boo -- it's a weaker form, in the original manga. He gets "pushed" as the strongest Boo only in the anime, and only there. And even if one wanted to argue for a sudden retcon that bypasses Shueisha's own stance in the past, there is no hard evidence suggesting Kid Boo could even use the godly power he had hidden in him; all manga-related statements about Boohan's strength (most likely Super Boo * 2.x) undermine this.

Leaving aside your framing of the interview, since the interview is not even needed to prove anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Ultimate Gohan (Buu Saga) VS Kid Buu
  • Topic Archived