This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Gohan was stronger than Dabra.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
2 months ago#1
In hand to hand combat, Gohan had Dabra beaten; Dabra could only block Gohan's flurry of punches before being kicked away like a b****. Then, Dabra had to resort to cheap magic tricks like shooting fire, spitting petrifying saliva and summoning swords, all of which failed to inflict any damage on Gohan. Later, we see that he can't do anything against Gohan's Kamehameha, which is why he jumped out of the way ... like a b****.

CHADhan > JOBra.
I want a hot Ghetto Asian Girlfriend

User Info: FlyingWindGod

FlyingWindGod
2 months ago#2
Dabura: "Don't worry, when the time comes I can handle that trash (Gohan)."
Goku: "Remember to get angry, Gohan. If you can get angry like before, no one can beat you."

Notice Goku didn't simply say, "go SS2". He essentially told Gohan that nothing short of his max power would enable him to beat Dabura.

This means Dabura was holding back in their fight, even if it makes little sense. We have two pieces of information that tell us Dabura was stronger. In addition to this, we also have orders from Babidi that Dabura was not allowed to kill them so they could steal their energy.

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
2 months ago#3
Bobbidi told Yakon to kill everyone except Kaioshin. I don't think he'd tell Dabra to hold-back since he was worried about the Saiyans.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

Scotty_Rogers
2 months ago#4
Dabra was just talking s***. Dude actually thought he could take Goku, Gohan and Vegeta all at once, too.

User Info: Fanboi

Fanboi
2 months ago#5
Makes sense.

The only time damage for summoning Buu occurred was during the battle of two equally matched opponents (Goku/Majin Vegeta).

Considering Babidi was pissed Dabura could not damage Gohan, this indicates Gohan at least has greater raw strength but rusty skills.

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
2 months ago#6
No he wasnt.
When the people of a society agree that sacrificing a child is acceptable collateral damage then IMO it has
become a society that's not worth saving.

User Info: SS2Matt

SS2Matt
2 months ago#7
I think Gohans power, both as a kid and adult ranges pretty massively based on his confidence.

He was losing to SPC not so much because of the arm, but because he lost hope. Once he gained it again somewhat from all the pep talking and Vegeta's distraction he skyrocketed to his prior strength and beat Cell no problem.

After 7 years of doing nothing, combined with not being a natural fighter he lacked confidence and was similarly weak against Dabura, and couldn't even go SSJ2 at will. During the tournament he was more pissed off after the whole Videl thing so he could go SSJ2, but then some DB tier goons shattered his mood.
"You truly are the Lord of the Rings" - Frildo Boggins

FlyingWindGod
2 months ago#8
SpiralSwords posted...
Bobbidi told Yakon to kill everyone except Kaioshin. I don't think he'd tell Dabra to hold-back since he was worried about the Saiyans.

The way they gathered energy for Buu never made much sense to me. I thought the whole point was not to outright kill the subjects but to steadily cause damage so they can burn out their energy trying to fight you. If Babidi just wanted to kill them outright, Dabura could've just spat on them from the beginning.

FlyingWindGod
2 months ago#9
Scotty_Rogers posted...
Dabra was just talking s***. Dude actually thought he could take Goku, Gohan and Vegeta all at once, too.

Because he only took measure of their power level in regular SS1. Which is pretty consistent with someone of Cell's caliber. Cell could've defeated every Super Saiyan present at the Cell Games so there's little reason Dabura would have more trouble.

He had no idea they were capable of producing more power. Neither him, Babidi, nor Shin did till they saw Buu's meter go up to full capacity before Gohan and Shin even arrived.

Scotty_Rogers
2 months ago#10
FlyingWindGod posted...
He had no idea they were capable of producing more power. Neither him, Babidi, nor Shin did till they saw Buu's meter go up to full capacity before Gohan and Shin even arrived.

Please, Shin sensed Goku's power spike when he killed Yakon. Bobbidi and Dabra couldn't sense it, but they could still tell Goku put forth more power.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Gohan was stronger than Dabra.
  • Topic Archived