This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. What if Krillin died instead of Yamcha?

User Info: Rhalius

Rhalius
2 months ago#1
It's usually overlooked that Krillin was meant to fight that saibaman, but Yamcha stepped up to do it instead, having a bad feeling about it and because Krillin was already wished back before with the dragon balls. So if Krillin fought, he likely would have been blown up instead. So let's explore that scenario.

Being of equal power, I'd assume he'd manage to survive against Nappa too, working with Piccolo on some attacks. Only difference would be with no destructo disc he would not have come close to killing Nappa. Might still have done some damage with a Kamehameha or spirit ball.

I'm guessing he'd have filled Krillin's role against Vegeta too, not really doing anything and getting knocked out easily but surviving, and having a chance to kill Vegeta but Goku stopping him. Well he does have the advantage maybe due to having faced an Oozaru before unlike everyone else involved and cut Goku's tail off that time.

Would mean Yamcha would go to Namek with Gohan and Bulma.
I don't think Yamcha can do a solar flare so escaping Dodoria would be harder, but we shouldn't forget that Yamcha would have his own talents. As a desert bandit and having lived in the wilds quite a bit, he might be better at guerrilla warfare, creating a distraction to help save Dende without being noticed as much, or being able to hide better after they flee.
Might have been able to put Bulma in better shelter too, able to read the land better and where to shelter. So Vegeta might not get that dragon ball but that wouldn't make much difference in the long run.

Never know what the potential unlock might do though. Considering that he learned more on his own than Krillin did before being trained by Roshi, maybe he has more potential. Or maybe just the same.
Either way he'd probably also die against Frieza and I think that would also trigger Goku going Super Saiyan considering he does know Yamcha even longer and has been through a lot with him looking for the dragon balls.

I guess the main changes after this saga would probably be that now Yamcha has the potential unlock and Krillin the King Kai training, and Yamcha would have been around more and probably would have stayed together with Bulma after surviving Namek together. So probably no future trunks then but it could be interesting to see the humans have a kid who can fight and maybe Vegeta would have a child with someone else then.
Oh! It also might actually explain why Gohan copies Yamcha's hairstyles. I don't think they ever said much to each other through the series.

User Info: Georgie-Porgie

Georgie-Porgie
2 months ago#2
Everyone would have been happier.

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
2 months ago#3
Yamcha on Namek? Interesting thought.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is not perfect, shouldn't have been game of the year, and isn't game of the decade. If this triggers you, calm down.

Rhalius
2 months ago#4
I only just considered that it would even be more of a throwback to the start of dragon ball when Yamcha is there, looking for dragon balls with Bulma and a Saiyan kid, only this time it's Gohan.
Which could actually lead to a fun conversation of them telling Gohan about that first search for the dragon balls. Might inspire Gohan a bit.

But yeah I seriously think it could have been a great time for Yamcha's desert bandit background to be used to full advantage. Also Yamcha talking to the Namekians could lead to some funny moments.

I do wish Yamcha was used more often, he's a fun character.

User Info: cmb12

cmb12
2 months ago#5
I think it’s likely that Yamcha knows Solar Flare. He trained with Tien and Krillin for that whole year. Plus he is good at picking up on moves, given that he learned the Kamehameha before Krillin.

I do agree with your point that both he and Bulma may have ended up together had he been the one to go to Namek. They’d wind up spending more time together as result so the bond will be stronger. Trunks might not exist.
Hello

Rhalius
2 months ago#6
True, especially considering Krillin even learned the multi form which seems much harder to learn.

User Info: Brian-wave

Brian-wave
1 month ago#7
cmb12 posted...
I think it’s likely that Yamcha knows Solar Flare. He trained with Tien and Krillin for that whole year. Plus he is good at picking up on moves, given that he learned the Kamehameha before Krillin.

I do agree with your point that both he and Bulma may have ended up together had he been the one to go to Namek. They’d wind up spending more time together as result so the bond will be stronger. Trunks might not exist.

User Info: toriyama-chan

toriyama-chan
1 month ago#8
Filler arc Yamcha had Cell level power after training with King Kai. Guru would have had a lot more to work with. Ultimately Goku wouldn't go Super Saiyan without Krillin dying though, so it's a net negative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96d0Ke48Di0

Edit: maybe not cell level power, but definitely super saiyan. I don't remember how strong Olibu was.
Son Gohan: The People's Champ

User Info: dragonball0900

dragonball0900
1 month ago#9
Olibu was weaker than Base Goku. Pikkon complimented Goku, while he was just holding back greatly against Olibu.

Filler Yamcha is just Base Goku tier.

User Info: ThePikachuBandi

ThePikachuBandi
1 month ago#10
Do you think Yamcha would have had a better chance landing the spirit bomb due to his spirit ball and eventual baseball talent?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. What if Krillin died instead of Yamcha?
  • Topic Archived