This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Sometimes i really dont understand this fan base

User Info: KanonSeaDragon

KanonSeaDragon
4 days ago#21
AdviceMan posted...
Gohan was stronger than Goku was with zero training.

What the f*** are you talking about?

(edited 4 days ago)

KanonSeaDragon
4 days ago#22
DBZFan849 posted...
Most people I know do like her though, they just hated how she obtained her powers, that's all.

Then i over estimate the hate? Thats possible
KanonSeaDragon posted...
Then i over estimate the hate? Thats possible
Gotta agree with the guy you responded to. Most DB fans LOVE the sayian girls from what I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY_iXxhidUc

I think they got a bigger applause than UI Goku. To me at least.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: yakashamonian

yakashamonian
4 days ago#24
Goten and Trunks literally turned SSJ Playing. Future trunks in the manga got SSJ just being beat up by a base Gohan with 1 arm who weren't even trying that hard.

It's not like Going SSJ was particularly difficult after Vegeta did it.
discord wazuki#0831 B.net Wazuki1694

User Info: Tsuyoi3

Tsuyoi3
4 days ago#25
AdviceMan posted...
Gohan barely trains and he's always pretty close to Goku and Vegeta. He has a TON of fans.
Gohan trained for half a year and did jack squat in the Saiyan Saga, barring luckily transforming.
He trained a little more on the ship and managed nothing on Namek, getting his butt handed to him several times. And ultimately accomplished nothing. Even after potential unlock.

He then trained 3 friggin years for the androids, and an additional one in the hyperbolic time chamber, which is difficult training. Finally he catches up to Goku through his potential.

Barely trained? he's been training since he was 4 until he was 11 with Piccolo and his father. And barely accomplished anything until Cell.

Milennin posted...
Which is why people want to see the hard working characters succeed. But that's not what this topic is about.

There's also a huge difference between racial advantage, plot power-ups and time-skip boosts over the course of 100's of episodes, and literally skipping the power ladder into the stratosphere in an instant.
Also this.
Also I like Caulifla, just not her instant boos to ssj by feeling it out.
It's Goten training with Chi chi levels ba, without the powerful dad explanation.
Manliness transcends both space, and time.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
4 days ago#26

Why do people like Cabba's instant SSJ, Goten's instant SSJ, Kid Trunks' instant SSJ, Future Trunks' instant SSJ, and Gohan's instant SSJ, but not Caulifla's?
Cancer free 52 months and counting!
The Seahawks intentionally injured Carson Wentz in the 2019-20 NFC Wild Card game

KanonSeaDragon
4 days ago#27
ScrappyDingo posted...
Why do people like Cabba's instant SSJ, Goten's instant SSJ, Kid Trunks' instant SSJ, Future Trunks' instant SSJ, and Gohan's instant SSJ, but not Caulifla's?

To be fair, Cabba didnt show anything impressive to generate any discussion . But yeah, Cauifla just did what saiyans do. Being gifted and from a different universe is as valid as....ROSAT, Zenkais, convenient fusion devices , etc

(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: kayoticdreamz

kayoticdreamz
4 days ago#28
Milennin posted...
Goku has had to train, fight and suffer through a lot to get where he is. A character getting handed everything to them on the spot just to be relevant in terms of power isn't cutting it.

DBZFan849 posted...
People only hated Caulifla because they thought she got her power too easily. It makes sense. If Caulifla would've been a guy, people would still complain. You can't tell me her tingling back powerup, and the way she learned SSJ2 wasn't bulls***.

Caulifla is still probably the most well received character that was introduced in the ToP. Most people like her for her attitude, her design (obvi) and her fight with Goku, which was arguably the best fight in the entire arc especially when Kale joined in. Most people consider Jiren to be boring, nobody gives a s*** about Dyspo or Toppo, everyone hates Ribrianne, and most people view Kale an annoying female Broly. The rest of the characters that were introduced in that arc aren't even worth mentioning.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
4 days ago#29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwGKF8_RO28

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
4 days ago#30
DBZFan849 posted...
People only hated Caulifla because they thought she got her power too easily. It makes sense. If Caulifla would've been a guy, people would still complain. You can't tell me her tingling back powerup, and the way she learned SSJ2 wasn't bulls***.

Caulifla is still probably the most well received character that was introduced in the ToP. Most people like her for her attitude, her design (obvi) and her fight with Goku, which was arguably the best fight in the entire arc especially when Kale joined in. Most people consider Jiren to be boring, nobody gives a s*** about Dyspo or Toppo, everyone hates Ribrianne, and most people view Kale an annoying female Broly. The rest of the characters that were introduced in that arc aren't even worth mentioning.
Caulifla's just strong.

We don't necessarily know HOW she got that strong in her base form, but it doesn't matter as she's not a main character. How did Racoome get that strong? Dabura? Does it matter?

We at least know Caulifla comes from a strong lineage (Renso), which is more info than other side characters.

Did Broly (DBS) get the same complaints?
Currently Playing: FE Three Houses, DBZ Kakarot, Pokemon Sword, Outer Worlds, KH3: ReMind, Death Stranding, FF9, Link's Awakening, DB FighterZ, Smash Ultimate
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Sometimes i really dont understand this fan base
  • Post New Message