This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Beerrus has NO LIMITS

User Info: RachelJoy

RachelJoy
3 days ago#1
Beerrus tells Whiss he can destroy Whiss for saying Beerrus is destroyer of noses when Beerrus wakes up

Beerrus can DESTROY WHISS

Whiss>>>>>>Broli and Jirren

User Info: ssgvegeto

ssgvegeto
3 days ago#2
If you're referring to Beerus saying "Maybe I should destroy you" to Whis in BoG, that doesn't count at all... it's a movie-only quote, like Frieza's infamous "1.3 million" line.

Nothing in the Anime/Manga implies Beerus can destroy Whis or someone significantly stronger than himself. The movie has simply been plagued by too many Toei writers that ignore common sense here and there, resulting in dozens of inconsistencies and bashed movie story points.
https://imgur.com/gtjHMvJ

User Info: AdviceMan

AdviceMan
3 days ago#3
Take your meds.
"I'm not racist but, BLM sure did make me racist." -Skasa
I'm just here to offer you advice, take it or leave it.

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
3 days ago#4
And then later in the same movie. After Goku and everyone else who battled Beerus couldn't stand up to him and then Ssj God Goku could only stand up to Beerus attacks, but lacked the actual strength to defeat him.

Whis just casually comes up and knocks Beerus out with a chop to the neck.

Whis is confirmed to be much stronger then Beerus as he is his teacher and can fully use Ultra Instinct in its mastered form while Beerus can only partially use it.

I am willing to bet that gap in power between Beerus and Whis is the same size as the gap in power between Ssj3 Goku and Beerus from when they met on King Kai's planet, because of the chop being a throwback to the beginning of the film where Beerus used it to defeat Goku.

This way even if Beerus is surpassed in strength by Goku and Vegeta one day. There is still Whis and it would take a long time for them to catch up to him.
Gday
(edited 3 days ago)

ssgvegeto
3 days ago#5
@xxdudeyy
I think you're missing TC's argument.

TC seems to be implying Beerus's Hakai can work on an opponent whom is stronger than himself because of a movie quote that makes no more sense than Frieza's "1.3 million" line.

The fact is, having that movie quote in there at all only to show something on the contrary is horrendous writing. Like RoF, they established Tagoma and Shisami to be rivaling Zarbon at their peaks... and then they precede to show Piccolo jobbing to Shisami and needing Gohan to step in and take care of Shisami.

And no, nothing about "Shisami magically got exponentially stronger" is put in as a justification; it's bad writing just as Frieza's claim that he will hit 1.3 million and as if doubling his power level would compensate himself against a Goku whom is just stated to have beaten Majin Buu (with no specific context of how the fight actually went to the point Frieza could assume the implication is Goku > Buu in terms of PL).

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
3 days ago#6
AdviceMan posted...
Take your meds.
She's on alot them.
Kid Buu>>>>>>>All other Buu.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
3 days ago#7
Take the movie with a grain of salt. It was AT who can't remember s*** about his own franchise.
Cancer free 50 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: TenshiSan

TenshiSan
3 days ago#8
RachelJoy posted...
Beerrus tells Whiss he can destroy Whiss for saying Beerrus is destroyer of noses when Beerrus wakes up

Beerrus can DESTROY WHISS

Whiss>>>>>>Broli and Jirren

I'll give you a medicine that will cure you of anything :D. Vitamin D with C XD XD XD!.

ssgvegeto
3 days ago#9
ScrappyDingo posted...
It was AT who can't remember s*** about his own franchise.
This isn't a matter of 'remembering'; this is pure lack of common sense to establish one point, and then directly contradict it within the very movie.

Having Beerus imply he can destroy Whis in their one-on-one conversation then later in the same movie, "Hey by the way, Whis is my teacher and he's stronger" can't be justified with forgetting about what was written in the past. A non-DB fan should be able to see what's wrong with this match up.

User Info: infamous5445

infamous5445
3 days ago#10
Speak English
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Beerrus has NO LIMITS
  • Post New Message