This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Why is dragon ball super so inconsistent?

User Info: Pokesamus217

Pokesamus217
1 week ago#41
StealthRock posted...
Kataphrut posted...
It's not that inconsistent. Goku is the strongest, Vegeta is the second strongest, everyone else is weaker than them. That's the extent of it.

Where is this bulls*** that A17, Krillin, the U6 Saiyans etc are equal to Goku and Vegeta coming from? The show makes it pretty clear that they aren't.

Didnt the u6 sayains almost beat goku?

Yeah, with fusion, otherwise they would of lost to an exhausted Goku who wasn’t even going all out.
Unlimited Blade Works. For whenever you need to kill a guy with an ego the size of Canada.

User Info: Lord_Dutchy

Lord_Dutchy
1 week ago#42
Piccolo merges with a weakling, competes with 2nd and 3rd form Frieza. Piccolo merges with another weakling, competes with androids. Gohan jumps from base to ssj2 in one arc because someone finally asked "hey whats that door over there?" Rules of zenkai matter on namek; one arc later, Cell blows himself up and gets 100% health, a new move, and jumps 2 bands of power (rendering his chase of the androids and the namek zenkai drama pointless), all with no explanation. Potara is permanent... until the first time the heroes use it and its not... with no explanation. Anything involving Buu and his transformations/absorptions/fissures. I have no doubt theres at least 2 ultimate gohan vs ssj3 goku threads on this very home page.

But yeah. Super introduced 'inconsistency' into this franchise. Face it, yall dont want dragon ball, you want gilmore girls with fireballs. But the same guy who wrote pilaf just put his pen down on dbs broly. Get used to it.
xxdudeyy posted...
Qaonbadderonac8 posted...
xxdudeyy posted...
There's a reason, DC made Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1985. Because the DC multiverse up to that point was so much of a mess to keep straight that they created that story to erase everything and restart again from the beginning in a single universe. Because it was the only solution to fix it.

Dragon Ball could be heading towards that same place if it goes on like this. Dragon Ball Super introduced a character that is capable of doing this: Zeno. So this does seem possible to happen in the future.

Parallel universes =/= parallel timelines.

It's hinted he could wipe out whole timelines as well.

He can and he did.
Freeza beating a weakling for four months is the worst writing ever, since that is all he did. Nothing implies he did more training.

Trunks not going to ROSAT to train in DBS is horrible writing.

The humans weak training is lame in DBS and Buu.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum

User Info: StealthRock

StealthRock
1 week ago#45
Pokesamus217 posted...
StealthRock posted...
Kataphrut posted...
It's not that inconsistent. Goku is the strongest, Vegeta is the second strongest, everyone else is weaker than them. That's the extent of it.

Where is this bulls*** that A17, Krillin, the U6 Saiyans etc are equal to Goku and Vegeta coming from? The show makes it pretty clear that they aren't.

Yeah, with fusion, otherwise they would of lost to an exhausted Goku who wasn’t even going all out.

Exhausted from what though?? If he so much stronget then he shouldnt have struggled at all. Even with fusion
Pokemon is awesome

User Info: Kataphrut

Kataphrut
1 week ago#46
StealthRock posted...
Pokesamus217 posted...
StealthRock posted...
Kataphrut posted...

Exhausted from what though?? If he so much stronget then he shouldnt have struggled at all. Even with fusion

Buu was so much stronger than Goku and Vegeta, why did he struggle with Vegetto?

Were you even thinking when you said that?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Fear-My-Wrath

Fear-My-Wrath
1 week ago#47
Wasn't there some kind of "revolving door" policy at Toei where different teams of writers would work on episodes?

User Info: StealthRock

StealthRock
1 week ago#48
Kataphrut posted...
StealthRock posted...
Pokesamus217 posted...
StealthRock posted...
Kataphrut posted...

Buu was so much stronger than Goku and Vegeta, why did he struggle with Vegetto?

Implying that saiyan children are as strong as the two grown saiyans who fought buu. One of which was almost as strong as kid buu in one of his forms
Pokemon is awesome

User Info: Kataphrut

Kataphrut
1 week ago#49
StealthRock posted...
Kataphrut posted...
StealthRock posted...
Pokesamus217 posted...
StealthRock posted...
Kataphrut posted...

Implying that saiyan children are as strong as the two grown saiyans who fought buu. One of which was almost as strong as kid buu in one of his forms

What? What are you saying? Are you talking about Goten and Trunks? I don't get it.

What I was saying is it's weird you think Goku should have been able to handle Kefla because he could handle her fusees. When that's missing the point of what fusion is. I used Buuhan as an example because it's pretty much identical to what happened with Kefla- he went from toying with the individuals to being bodied by the fusion, because that's what fusions do. Why is that a problem?

Five pages in, people still can't articulate what the *problem* with any of this is. It's ridiculous.

User Info: AdviceMan

AdviceMan
1 week ago#50
SupremeGod91 posted...
AdviceMan posted...
Because somebody somewhere realized that it doesn't matter whatsoever what PL scaling nerds want and what matters is coming out with enjoyable content.

Oh just shut the f*** up! It’s people like you who have to ruin everything for the rational ones!

Please. If we go purely rational, I can do that too. But I do it for fun, not because I think it's the best way to enjoy Dragonball or the way it's intended to.
"I'm not racist but, BLM sure did make me racist." -Skasa
I'm just here to offer you advice, take it or leave it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Why is dragon ball super so inconsistent?