This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Do you think Dragon Ball Is A Sexist Show?

User Info: nubbest

nubbest
1 week ago#1
Okay, so I came across this article on Facebook which shows that a woman on twitter is claiming Dragon Ball is a misogynist sexist show which also promotes pedophilia. She wants to ban dragon ball and anime in general. As soon as the tweet blew up, the English voice actor of Bulma came to defend the show, etc. In the end, the woman deleted her account and vanished.

Now it is very clear that it is a troll who was just maybe looking to piss off people but I have been reading comments saying that most of the people agree that Dragon Ball does have a lot of 'sexist' elements but they are not intentional. They specified it that it's for 'Dragon Ball' only not Z/Super.

I googled and saw that people are discussing this topic for a lot of years now. What do you guys think about it?

Link to article -> https://animexscoop.com/dragon-ball-super/woman-calls-dragon-ball-a-sexist-show-bulma-voice-actor-monica-roasts-her-with-facts/

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
1 week ago#2
Short answer Yes with a but

Long answer No with a however
I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then itd be time well spent.

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
1 week ago#3
Ugh, this sounds like reductive garbage. You can systematically break many things down and find subtle instances of sexism and the like, but if there's no systemic harm done, it really doesn't matter. Pragmatism > logic in some cases...and this is one of them.
Islam is Chaos Control.
(message deleted)

User Info: NukeA6

NukeA6
1 week ago#5
nubbest posted...
Okay, so I came across this article on Facebook which shows that a woman on twitter is claiming Dragon Ball is a misogynist sexist show which also promotes pedophilia. She wants to ban dragon ball and anime in general. As soon as the tweet blew up, the English voice actor of Bulma came to defend the show, etc. In the end, the woman deleted her account and vanished.

Justice has been served :D

User Info: IHeartRadiation

IHeartRadiation
1 week ago#6
nubbest posted...
In the end, the woman deleted her account and vanished.

Good, she was poison.
I don't get it either.

User Info: AceofSpades1700

AceofSpades1700
1 week ago#7
She was either trolling or someone who couldn't take the heat of a fire she herself set. Either way, she has zero credibility.
o_o

User Info: Ghostrain23

Ghostrain23
1 week ago#8
Smh 2019 for you

User Info: Engorgio

Engorgio
1 week ago#9
I don’t give a s***.

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
1 week ago#10
Good thing she did read Toriyama’s other manga where the female main character who is trying to be a hero is literally raped by criminals and decides to become a sex worker.
I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then itd be time well spent.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. Do you think Dragon Ball Is A Sexist Show?
  • Topic Archived