This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. UI Goku vs Kefla was a waste of time

User Info: Dark_Zoroark

Dark_Zoroark
4 weeks ago#11
Scotty_Rogers posted...
Except the fact Goku had to use Omen against her suggests she's Omen tier. Goku even powered up further after turning Omen, suggesting she was even stronger than initial Omen. Not to mention that her Christmas Blaster thing was said to be capable of defeating Omen Goku.

I really don't understand TC's hate for this character, lol.

Hell to the no. Vegito (a fusion of 2 SSJ and one of them can go SSJ3) as a SSJ wasn't that strong, why would a fusion of 2 barely SSJ2 girls be THAT strong.
FC:1633-4315-8950| Official Young Link of the MM3D and SSBU boards
Ban the worst person on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user?board=1947548

User Info: Gobstoppers12

Gobstoppers12
4 weeks ago#12
It wasn't a waste of time. It gave us one of the hypest Kamehameha scenes in the whole series.
I write Naruto Fanfiction.

User Info: DBZFan849

DBZFan849
4 weeks ago#13
Scotty_Rogers posted...
Except the fact Goku had to use Omen against her suggests she's Omen tier. Goku even powered up further after turning Omen, suggesting she was even stronger than initial Omen. Not to mention that her Christmas Blaster thing was said to be capable of defeating Omen Goku.

She's a girl and most of this board hates all the female characters
Monna's clone is still in the tournament!

User Info: NobleWill8

NobleWill8
4 weeks ago#14
DBZFan849 posted...
Scotty_Rogers posted...

She's a girl and most of this board hates all the female characters

Except Z Videl, Bulma, and 18 (arguably)
"I love you, you b*stard. Now don't make me say it again!" Sully, FE Awakening

User Info: Sasukefire

Sasukefire
4 weeks ago#15
Nah, people started hating on 18 when she was like what about your boat to 17.
That's right. Sasukefire's existence is worthless and should disappear!
Ragna: Gauntlet- BAKA GA!

User Info: Srk700

Srk700
4 weeks ago#16
It's also the only true win UI had in the tournament. All the other fights UI ran out before the fight could end.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
4 weeks ago#17
@Dark_Zoroark posted...
Hell to the no. Vegito (a fusion of 2 SSJ and one of them can go SSJ3) as a SSJ wasn't that strong, why would a fusion of 2 barely SSJ2 girls be THAT strong.

Power levels in DBS's anime don't make any sense; who would have known. Still doesn't change the fact that SS2 Kefla was certainly intended to be Omen tier.
THE FAM. My waifus Caulifla, Kale and Kefla from Dragon Ball Super and I drawn by da GOAT @MoistenedYouth: https://imgur.com/a/TYhlg

User Info: Lorulian

Lorulian
4 weeks ago#18
I don't think it was "waste".

- Technically gave us UI's only victory
- Sub-boss of the ToP arc
- It allowed Goku to get more used to UI Omen and therefore closer to mastering it
- Introduced the concept of a Saiyan "berserker" mutant. Might be referenced in the Broly movie.
- Gave us a nice fight (especially pre-fused), and of course the awesome Surfing Kamehameha
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest XI, Spider Man, Xenoblade 2, God of War, DB FighterZ, Dark Souls: RE, Fire Emblem: Echoes

User Info: Jordaxio

Jordaxio
4 weeks ago#19
Lorulian posted...
- Introduced the concept of a Saiyan "berserker" mutant. Might be referenced in the Broly movie.

What does that even mean? There's no mutation or anything like that....if anything Broly is probably going to be the only "mutant" because of evidence from the new trailer.
"Off my chair jester, the king sits there." - Noctis

User Info: FlyingWindGod

FlyingWindGod
4 weeks ago#20
Agreed, it was a waste of time.

Especially after seeing Gohan vs Kefla in the manga and thinking to myself, "Christ, why couldn't we have gotten this instead in the anime? This would've looked a lot better than more Goku Time."

Especially considering the anime did a much better job than the manga in setting up Gohan's rise from the ashes. And to see it ultimately be unfulfilled and not go anywhere left a lot of people disappointed. But to see it eventually culminate in Gohan going toe-to-toe with Kefla? Someone he otherwise would've had no chance of defeating as his old self? I think that would've been amazing to see in anime and like always, I'm disappointed that Goku's always their fall-guy for lazy writing.
Toyotaro greatness:
https://i.imgtc.com/quwYmWv.jpg https://i.imgtc.com/dXEVPwh.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. UI Goku vs Kefla was a waste of time
  • Topic Archived