This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. This board really needs to discern the difference between writing that is bad

User Info: XyroDBcentral

XyroDBcentral
9 months ago#71
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...
Payback85 posted...
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
Bad writing is often lazy criticism

Oh, ffs... no, it's efficient criticism. I could go on and on about how dumb the characters, the plot developments, and the power scaling is in DBS (and have done so in the past). What? Do I need to write a thousand word thesis every single time I say that the show is garbage? No. Why use one thousand words when I can use two.

Bad writing.

Boom, done. You want more detailed criticism, look anywhere else on this board and you'll find it.

The power scaling isn't bad, it's consistent to what it's always been since DB. Your problem is trying to use real life physics on an anime based on other physics. It's ridiculous

Y2J_0s_HBK posted...
I mean, seriously, let's look at the complaints:

The power scaling is bad. No, they have always gotten massive boosts to deal with the new threats

Goku is getting too much time. No, ignoring the fact that he is the main character, everyone got an epic show. This is like complaining Holmes never lets Watson solve a mystery.

I mean seriously, all the normal critiques are nonsensical. It comes off as hate for the sole reason of being edgy. If you don't like the writing, that's fine but the writing itself is solid
Even the tallest mountain started as a stone.

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
9 months ago#72
XyroDBcentral posted...
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...
Payback85 posted...
Bad writing is often lazy criticism

Oh, ffs... no, it's efficient criticism. I could go on and on about how dumb the characters, the plot developments, and the power scaling is in DBS (and have done so in the past). What? Do I need to write a thousand word thesis every single time I say that the show is garbage? No. Why use one thousand words when I can use two.

Bad writing.

Boom, done. You want more detailed criticism, look anywhere else on this board and you'll find it.

The power scaling isn't bad, it's consistent to what it's always been since DB. Your problem is trying to use real life physics on an anime based on other physics. It's ridiculous

Y2J_0s_HBK posted...

The power scaling is bad. No, they have always gotten massive boosts to deal with the new threats

Goku is getting too much time. No, ignoring the fact that he is the main character, everyone got an epic show. This is like complaining Holmes never lets Watson solve a mystery.

I mean seriously, all the normal critiques are nonsensical. It comes off as hate for the sole reason of being edgy. If you don't like the writing, that's fine but the writing itself is solid
Fodderhan is Yamcha of the Saiyans.

User Info: olk3034

olk3034
9 months ago#73
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...

Lmao you ignored all the criticisms that proved you wrong
If this doesn't let people know you're trolling/this deluded then I don't know what will

Ohhh I see now, you're an alt of that lilhurk dude
http://i.imgur.com/lvzLhiZ.jpg

User Info: Y2J_0s_HBK

Y2J_0s_HBK
9 months ago#74
olk3034 posted...
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...

If this doesn't let people know you're trolling/this deluded then I don't know what will

Except nothing has proven me wrong. I keep seeing people say that I'm wrong and I've addressed those issues but nobody has proven the writing is objectively bad. Sooooo, you can keep your pot calling the kettle black remarks to yourself

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
9 months ago#75
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...

This so much. It's pretty ridiculous actually lol

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
9 months ago#76
Technically moving faster than the speed of life is impossible without massive reality changing consequences(bending space itself to create a wormhole), but fictional characters do it casually all the time like its nothing. We're not meant to apply every law of physics to these characters. If you do none of them make sense

User Info: XyroDBcentral

XyroDBcentral
9 months ago#77
olk3034 posted...
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...

@Y2J_0s_HBK. Quick question do you like Gohan?
Even the tallest mountain started as a stone.

Y2J_0s_HBK
9 months ago#78
XyroDBcentral posted...
olk3034 posted...
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...

@Y2J_0s_HBK. Quick question do you like Gohan?

I mean he is ok albeit, imo, a frustrating character.

Technically moving faster than the speed of life is impossible without massive reality changing consequences(being space itself to create a wormhole), but fictional characters do it casually all the time like its nothing. We're not meant to apply every law of physics to these characters. If you do none of them make sense

Exactly!

User Info: Macho Takaka

Macho Takaka
9 months ago#79
People can enjoy a badly written show. A lot of the countering comes off as "no, that's not an imconsistency, it was incosistent before"
Yeah that... is am argument for bad writing in the previous story and not at all helping your argument.

Bad writing is everywhere. Bad writing is making Goku an idiot again, forgetting senzu beans and mafuba charms.
Having half a season dedicated to why Black and Zamasu are similar but also not quite the same only to end up with Zamasu is Black. Having Black keep talking about pain making him stronger as some weird thing about him, then it ends up being Zenkai boosts (just when getting beat up a bit even?)

Bad writing is things like setting up some sort of possible downside and strategy to an opponent, like Toppo needing to charge his destruction attacks, and then dropping that interesting angle entirely and having Vegeta just overpower him.

Actual power inconsistencies are everywhere. Not just some odd extrapolations from different fights by fans. We have SSBGoku and SS2Trunks hit by Rose Black's Kamehameha while unable to defend and both have the same amount of damage to them... how?

Trunks gathers spirit bomb energy despite never learning the technique and the Earth being mostly dead...how?

SS2 Trunks fights evenly with Rose Black for a while despite being manhandled by his base form before... why?
--Macko--

Y2J_0s_HBK
9 months ago#80
Goku forgetting the charm fits perfectly with his character. That's consistent and logical writing. Goku has always been stupid which is fair considering he hasn't gone to school. Had someone like Gohan done it, you would have a valid point. All the other things are clearly explained to you in the arc. Again, you are confusing writing you don't like with bad writing. They aren't the same thing.

And then you nitpick about things like a spirit bomb sword and him never learning it and yet he clearly did. They haven't exactly followed future trunks since cell saga. It's the same stupid complaint as people complaining about 17 being strong. It's like, how are you people suprised that warriors have continued to train. We never saw Goku learn IT but we accept he can learn things off camera. I mean come on man, it's a cartoon and it's too complex for you?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. This board really needs to discern the difference between writing that is bad
  • Topic Archived