This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This board really needs to discern the difference between writing that is bad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. This board really needs to discern the difference between writing that is bad

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
4 months ago#81
This board needs to learn genuinely bad writing for the show, and accepted show logic. Gotenks learning ss3 is justified by the fusion technique. How is Vegeta using final explosion and using all his energy up, then going ssbe again justified? They should not have said "he used all his energy up", then we could argue "well maybe he mastered the technique"
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Y2J_0s_HBK

Y2J_0s_HBK
4 months ago#82
Sega9599 posted...
This board needs to learn genuinely bad writing for the show, and accepted show logic. Gotenks learning ss3 is justified by the fusion technique. How is Vegeta using final explosion and using all his energy up, then going ssbe again justified? They should not have said "he used all his energy up", then we could argue "well maybe he mastered the technique"

He went into ssb form but was drained which is shown by his total inability to do anything. He clearly had a shred of energy left. They even specifically talk about how he learned to tank the hit

User Info: superman 2000

superman 2000
4 months ago#83
Saying Super is logical shows a sort of intellectual deficiency that I'm not certain I'm qualified to address. If you seriously need help understanding why Super (or the whole series for that matter) is poorly written, then you should take a writing class.
I mock all DBZ characters equally.

User Info: EzraGenesis

EzraGenesis
4 months ago#84
It was hilarious that Frieza got bodied by Toppo as bad as he did, and then ToP Time, got back up and laughed it off like 10 seconds later. Really made Toppo look bad. Like why didn’t Toppo go down there and kick Frieza off? He had his destruction aura, so it’s not like 17 could stop him.
"The Vita will probably outlive the Switch" RandyDragon
PSN: AxiomGenesis

Y2J_0s_HBK
4 months ago#85
EzraGenesis posted...
It was hilarious that Frieza got bodied by Toppo as bad as he did, and then ToP Time, got back up and laughed it off like 10 seconds later. Really made Toppo look bad. Like why didn’t Toppo go down there and kick Frieza off? He had his destruction aura, so it’s not like 17 could stop him.

For one 17 was an issue. For two, it's not like it was something easily known. He was literally dangling off a rock out of view

superman 2000 posted...
Saying Super is logical shows a sort of intellectual deficiency that I'm not certain I'm qualified to address. If you seriously need help understanding why Super (or the whole series for that matter) is poorly written, then you should take a writing class.

Imagine thinking this is a proper rebuttal. Pro tip, in debate, you are literally using a fallacy. Good work!

EzraGenesis
4 months ago#86
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...
EzraGenesis posted...

For one 17 was an issue. For two, it's not like it was something easily known. He was literally dangling off a rock out of view

superman 2000 posted...

Imagine thinking this is a proper rebuttal. Pro tip, in debate, you are literally using a fallacy. Good work!

How was 17 an issue? All of his ki attacks dissolved, and I’m pretty sure he couldn’t touch him. Toppo was just slacking. He should have known he wasn’t eliminated since Grand Priest didn’t announce it.

Y2J_0s_HBK
4 months ago#87
I mean he still has to concentrate his shield. And you don't get to complain about the time limit and make an exception for what looked like an elimination and waiting for a ruling when he had 17 up in his ass. He still needed to maintain focus. Otherwise he goes for frieza, stops paying attention a d takes a shot in the back eliminating him. There was no real hurry here. Haste makes waste. Frieza was no longer a threat. 17, a person who injured jiren was

Y2J_0s_HBK
4 months ago#88
I mean seriously, 17 injured jiren, stopped a huge jiren attack later and had shown time and time again to be very strategic. Like it or not, he was a threat

EzraGenesis
4 months ago#89
Y2J_0s_HBK posted...
I mean he still has to concentrate his shield. And you don't get to complain about the time limit and make an exception for what looked like an elimination and waiting for a ruling when he had 17 up in his ass. He still needed to maintain focus. Otherwise he goes for frieza, stops paying attention a d takes a shot in the back eliminating him. There was no real hurry here. Haste makes waste. Frieza was no longer a threat. 17, a person who injured jiren was

Bruh, it’s no excuse. Toppo should and could have eliminated Frieza. 17 was hitting him from multiple angles, and they had no affect. Now all of a sudden a blast in his back would affect him? I’m not saying it’s bad writing, I’m saying it’s dumb that Toppo couldn’t even eliminate Frieza.

Y2J_0s_HBK
4 months ago#90
Im just saying, do you really want to divide your attention on those small ass rocks? Frieza was wounded beyond help. Just do the same to 17 and you get the promised two eliminations without needless risks. at least imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball - General
  3. This board really needs to discern the difference between writing that is bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived